We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Who has looked into the mirror while on psychedelics? Options

sbios
#1 Posted : 9/26/2019 11:03:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A recent Vice writer wrote about the experience of her looking at her face in the mirror while tripping. Here's the post The Truth...Looking in the mirror

Well, I'd like to know just how many of you have tried it, while on what, and do you recommend or not to look into the mirror while on psychedelics?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 9/27/2019 12:12:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have I have

It's an amazing experience

Amazing on anything!

It definitely enabled me to bring the innervision of myself to the surface. I never had great idea of self image or put more bluntly, I didn't like how I looked really .... Ever....

And then psychedelics hit, and yes, I may be the spitting stereotypical image of a psychedelic warrior, but I love how I look ^-^

FranLover
#3 Posted : 9/27/2019 2:30:05 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Yes, after DMT. Very shocking...my grin would turn like the Cheshire cat.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

vovin
#4 Posted : 9/27/2019 2:40:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Try looking into a mirror under DMT in a dark room with a candle in front of you.

Also a strobe light will give you a 'resetting' experience.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

null24
#5 Posted : 9/27/2019 2:54:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Laughing Laughing Laughing Wut? Crying or very sad Shocked Surprised Stop
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

HagRaven13
#6 Posted : 9/27/2019 6:47:16 AM

laughter is the best medicine

all the time! me and my friends used to joke not to get lost in the mirror when one would take a piss.

Fun on any substance, molly i find myself way more attractive, acid/shrooms i like to get real close and look into my own eyes which is a fun rabbit hole, on k i feel like i see my self as more goofy or stupid lol, Haven't really done it on dmt because im honestly scared but ill definitely try it one day.

Caution though i had a friend who would stay in the bathroom multiple time a night for a half hour to hours in existential dread, he said it always started with the mirror , but never elaborated, i always wondered what he did in there for so long Laughing

brewster
#7 Posted : 9/27/2019 11:22:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure. Am always doing it Big grin Can be a bit unsettling, depending on one's constitution. I've always been comfortable with weird experiences on psychedelics, that's why it never bothered me.

Wolfnippletip
#8 Posted : 9/27/2019 2:31:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I looked in the mirror on a sub-breakthrough dose of vaped enhanced leaf and it was amazing. I looked like some stylized, alternate universe version of myself, skin covered in teeny tiny crystals which flowed around my face. It was completely different from the familiar "Morphing Silly Putty" LSD face in the mirror effect.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

KuzeMaf
#9 Posted : 9/27/2019 3:03:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have soooooo many amazing mirror experiences. I'll provide a brief overview of a few notable ones:

- LSD: I've watched myself age from young to geriatric over and over and over again. It's too easy to get stuck here. Mostly I look good on good acid. You guys know what I'm talking about Big grin Big grin Big grin

- MXE: I've seen more energy based versions of myself, or astral bodies some might say. Of infinite forms.

- 2ct7: I don't know if I've ever looked higher. Completely stoned to the bone. Eyes barely open, looking smug and comfy.

- Changa: Video game stuff. I've seen my face break into pieces of a puzzle. I've also seen myself turn into what looks liked a Vincent Van Gogh painting, with the colors and brushstrokes coming to life and morphing about my face (and entire surroundings) super smoothly.

Mushrooms: Old man. Old man af. But also vampire version of me.

- DMT: I honestly can't remember ever looking at a mirror on DMT. That's strange.

All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

sbios
#10 Posted : 9/27/2019 3:16:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
Try looking into a mirror under DMT in a dark room with a candle in front of you.

Also a strobe light will give you a 'resetting' experience.

I am quite apprehensive to even just thinking about attempting to do this...

Jupitor
#11 Posted : 9/28/2019 7:18:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I began the deepest and most intense psychedelic experience of my life on 3.5 grams of dried cubensis staring into the person in the mirror on my lap with the intent of making peace with what I found there. After seeing some very disturbing imagery, including facial morphs into elderly, demonic, or otherwise unsettling motifs, I found the peace.

This gave me the courage to re-up my dose to a total of 7 grams dried. The second dose kicked in and I was GONE. I returned reborn.

sbios
#12 Posted : 9/28/2019 10:15:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jupitor wrote:
I began the deepest and most intense psychedelic experience of my life on 3.5 grams of dried cubensis staring into the person in the mirror on my lap with the intent of making peace with what I found there. After seeing some very disturbing imagery, including facial morphs into elderly, demonic, or otherwise unsettling motifs, I found the peace.

This gave me the courage to re-up my dose to a total of 7 grams dried. The second dose kicked in and I was GONE. I returned reborn.

Did you keep looking in the mirror during the 2nd does or was it just the 1st part? When you say "gone" as in pass out?

Egzoset
#13 Posted : 9/29/2019 5:23:23 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

LSD and the mirror session gave me some memorable laughs i may never completely forget...

Good day, have fun!! Cool

Jupitor
#14 Posted : 9/30/2019 3:44:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sbios wrote:

Did you keep looking in the mirror during the 2nd does or was it just the 1st part? When you say "gone" as in pass out?

I put the mirror down, re-dosed, went pee. While peeing, the 2nd dose kicked in FAST. I had to lay down immediately, so I managed to put a towel down in the bathtub and use that as a makeshift bed. I didn't pass out. I was just transported to "there". I experienced this through the perspective of my grandfather on his deathbed. I was him, and then I "died", just as he had actually done several years earlier (which I hadn't really processed up until then). But after I "died", there was still awareness. Pure awareness. I lingered in this space of pure love for an eternity, then on the way back, re-experienced my physical birth.

remyman612
#15 Posted : 10/7/2019 5:45:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Last week I wanted to buy me a pack of cigarettes at the night store, was on two tabs of acid, made the mistake of looking in the mirror and I looked like a character out of one of those 'don't do drugs' commercials. Ended up not buying those cigarettes... was way too embarrassed to go out Razz.

to be fair though, on most tryptamines I don't have too much problems with mirrors... I still like to avoid them just in case.

wet sand
#16 Posted : 10/8/2019 4:50:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

sbios wrote:
A recent Vice writer wrote about the experience of her looking at her face in the mirror while tripping. Here's the post The Truth...Looking in the mirror

Well, I'd like to know just how many of you have tried it, while on what, and do you recommend or not to look into the mirror while on psychedelics?

I have, It was awesome. Hard to describe what i saw.

My beard took on a wavey cartoon quality, Walls were breathing and dripping - When I'd close my eyes I'd see bright magical vivid octopus whale beings combined with monarchy emperor angels which kept multiplying giving me the sensation that hyperspace was giving birth to itself before my eyes.

This was while on Dmt, After getting up and taking a pee and noticing my bathroom mirror as i walked by it. so i went and had a closer look.

I remember an air vent looking like it was bubbling too.

About 20 minutes later i decided to take a shower to see what it would feel like. The pressure of the water on my head was off the charts intense, A pins and needles feeling. I moved the shower nozel so it wasn't pummeling on my head, Felt very relaxed after that.

I remember after my shower just standing naked blow drying my hair and marveling at my waving hair in the mirror for a good 5 or 10 minutes.

As time has gone by i know that I've forgotten a few details. But there you go 😃

Pozado
#17 Posted : 10/8/2019 1:49:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Done it over 50 times, always get the impression that the one on the mirror is an alternate version of me, somewhere else in this or another universe, having the same experience as I am having, looks like a communication, also the skin drawnings that are usually visible on me appears on the reflection.

Cactus Man
#18 Posted : 10/18/2019 12:54:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A classic pastime, looking in the mirror when taking any form of entheogen has always been a favorite of mine. You can tell you took enough when your face is moving and warping a bit. Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 10/18/2019 8:00:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Come to think of it, I once leaned face first against a mirror while on a heavy dose of shrooms, and I could swear I fell through into the mirror room on the other side of the glass for a couple of minutes, before climbing back out again.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Sunnyside
#20 Posted : 10/18/2019 9:57:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, it is taking the same chances as looking at a friend/lover/co-conspirator when I'm flying deep - maybe it looks 'regular', or maybe it is a chicken-cat-human-head. Or something in between. Or way beyond.
I just never know what I might see...
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

12NEXT