We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD and passiflora? Options

#1 Posted : 9/23/2019 11:22:50 PM

Psilosopher

Hi everyone,

I've had a lot of wonderful trips with LSD over the years.
After an initial period of frequent experimentation, I now spread my trips out a lot more and shoot for somewhat larger doses for insight, therapeutic effect and healing.

I've read some interesting things about combining LSD with harmalas to intensify the experience and add a visionary component to the trip.

69ron's comments in this old thread were really intriguing to me in particular:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ts&m=75412#post75412

He mentions that while rue intensifies the acid a lot more, it also amplifies the side effects, like the speediness, paranoia, etc.
Passiflora supposedly is more mellow and adds a similar visionary component to the trip.
He also mentions that it smooths out some of the rough edges of the LSD, making it more enjoyable and also allowing one to take greater doses of LSD with minimal discomfort.

I've also read that it can make the trip longer, adding a few hours to the experience.
Are we talking 2-3 hours or even more?

Lastly, I know it would be wise to tread carefully as to not get overwhelmed.

My usual go to dose is 350ug of LSD.
What dosages of LSD and passiflora should I take for a similarly intense trip?
How many hours in should I drink the passiflora tea, and can I drink more at later points in the trip in case I want to further increase the effects?

Any help, advice and reports are more than welcome.
I'm really intrigued to try this, and would love to know more if any of you have personally tried this combo.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/24/2019 1:06:48 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This is interesting. What springs to mind is that Passiflora also contains flavonoids which contribute to the sedative action. Some flavonoids are substrates for CYP450 metabolic enzymes, so it is possible that Passiflora flavonoids inhibit the metabolism of LSD into a metabolite (13-OH-LSD) which has potent dopaminergic activity and, according to David Nichols, is responsible for the latter half of an LSD trip 'turning dark' in the case of people with the requisite metabolic tendencies.

This is untested speculation on my part based on extrapolations; it could equally be the case that the sedative effect of Passiflora alone is responsible for taking the jangly edge off the experience.

By way of contrast, perhaps, I've tried psilocybin mushrooms with passiflora and it seemed to add a certain weirdness to things at the time although in retrospect it's unfair to pin that solely on the passionflower.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Yugambeh
#3 Posted : 9/25/2019 11:02:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ॐ wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've had a lot of wonderful trips with LSD over the years.
After an initial period of frequent experimentation, I now spread my trips out a lot more and shoot for somewhat larger doses for insight, therapeutic effect and healing.

I've read some interesting things about combining LSD with harmalas to intensify the experience and add a visionary component to the trip.

69ron's comments in this old thread were really intriguing to me in particular:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ts&m=75412#post75412

He mentions that while rue intensifies the acid a lot more, it also amplifies the side effects, like the speediness, paranoia, etc.
Passiflora supposedly is more mellow and adds a similar visionary component to the trip.
He also mentions that it smooths out some of the rough edges of the LSD, making it more enjoyable and also allowing one to take greater doses of LSD with minimal discomfort.

I've also read that it can make the trip longer, adding a few hours to the experience.
Are we talking 2-3 hours or even more?

Lastly, I know it would be wise to tread carefully as to not get overwhelmed.

My usual go to dose is 350ug of LSD.
What dosages of LSD and passiflora should I take for a similarly intense trip?
How many hours in should I drink the passiflora tea, and can I drink more at later points in the trip in case I want to further increase the effects?

Any help, advice and reports are more than welcome.
I'm really intrigued to try this, and would love to know more if any of you have personally tried this combo.

I love the combination of Passiflora and lsd!

I brew tea with 10-15g Passiflora and drink 30min before I take the lsd.

Last time I took 1,5 blotter Goblin’s den (350ug) and I had an crazy wonderful experience, it mellowed the
journey and it made it feel a little bit mushroom/Ayahuasca type off feeling. It feels more earthy and less synthetic. Visuals are beautiful and more colourful and vibrant, if you add cannabis halfway through or after the peak.... it’s stunning!

But it can easier go towards dark places if you let it, want to or need it Pleased if you want to dig you can dig deep, be carful as it is painful BUT very healing.

It also prolongs the duration, I usually trip from 8-12 hours, I stay around similar dosages, when I add Passiflora i trip up-to 14-15 hours. It can be very tiring so last time I added Syrian Rue 6 hours into the trip as I was very tired and wanted to relax, I fell asleep 1,5-2 hours later.

I took 2g Syrian Rue that the and I usually feel quite a lot under the influence of something with that dose alone.

I would like to try dose Syrian Rue 1-2 hours before an LSD journey, but working with Syrian Rue alone, or at some times with cannabis , I know it’s very potent for the mind.
You can dig really deep with Syrian Rue alone, add cannabis and it’s hard to escape until it’s solved or repeated a 100 times. Add lsd=? For me Smile
But I’m curious to try, I just need to prepare more for the experience as I know it’s going to be rough Smile

Safe journeys!

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Yugambeh
#4 Posted : 9/25/2019 11:09:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
This is interesting. What springs to mind is that Passiflora also contains flavonoids which contribute to the sedative action. Some flavonoids are substrates for CYP450 metabolic enzymes, so it is possible that Passiflora flavonoids inhibit the metabolism of LSD into a metabolite (13-OH-LSD) which has potent dopaminergic activity and, according to David Nichols, is responsible for the latter half of an LSD trip 'turning dark' in the case of people with the requisite metabolic tendencies.

This is untested speculation on my part based on extrapolations; it could equally be the case that the sedative effect of Passiflora alone is responsible for taking the jangly edge off the experience.

By way of contrast, perhaps, I've tried psilocybin mushrooms with passiflora and it seemed to add a certain weirdness to things at the time although in retrospect it's unfair to pin that solely on the passionflower.

Yes it definitely adds “Weirdness to things”!

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.