We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can different active plant materials produce different visual effects? Options

Scatterday
#1 Posted : 9/22/2019 5:33:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dear DMT nexus forums,

I'm going to make an introductory thread soon and others of all of my trip reports but my question regarding visuals was the one I was curious about.

My first few trips the freebase crystals looked very different and produced lots of colourful complex geometric patterns that were mesmerising to look at.

The last few ones have been very different, Almost like I was in this white room that felt like royalty to me and these beings made of pure white energy were showing me these objects.

I enjoy both visuals for their different effects but it maybe seemed like the white room DMT experiences were much stronger or that might actually just be in my imagination.

Can different families of DMT active plant material produce effects like the ones I'm describing?

Even my housemates have had very similar experiences, Whenever I seem to source DMT everyone seems to have a similar experience.

I really enjoyed the beautiful geometric patterns in this higher dimensional plane, I've seen the patterns before but I was in a castle of some sort made of geometric patterns.

The castle experience was very intense but without the castle the geometric patterns were fantastic just to look at.

I'd like to be able to find out what everyone's thoughts are on what's happening.

For example but most likely not accurate

-Mimosa hostilis root bark (Very visual with beautiful geometric patterns that are mesmerising to look at)

-Acacia acuminata (Very deep experience that sends you to places where not too many geometric patterns exist)

Hard to explain but I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm referring to.

Interested to hear some responses. Thumbs up

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/22/2019 6:58:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the DMT extract comes from different species which may contain different psychoactive alkaloids, it is reasonable to suppose they may have different effects. For example extracts from certain Acacia species which have other alkaloids vs from Mimosa hostilis which has mostly only DMT

If the extracts are all from the same plant, specially plants that have shown very little variability in alkaloid content like Mimosa hostilis, then I think its very unlikely there will be different effects between different batches, even if extracted differently. In those cases my hypothesis is that any perceived difference is related to self suggestion of some kind (you know its a different batch or you see a different colored extract and then you expect it to be different so your mind reacts differently)

TalkingGarden
#3 Posted : 9/22/2019 7:49:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know for me at lower doses the geometric patters are very dominate. However when I up the dose sometimes they are still there but most of the vision has a very high def look to it more like a solid image. Would that be the case when your in the "white room" meeting beings was it a higher dose or more efficiant method?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 9/22/2019 9:07:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TalkingGarden wrote:
I know for me at lower doses the geometric patters are very dominate. However when I up the dose sometimes they are still there but most of the vision has a very high def look to it more like a solid image. Would that be the case when your in the "white room" meeting beings was it a higher dose or more efficiant method?

Good point! If for example a certain extract is somewhat less pure (with non-psychoactive impurities) and you vap same amount as a higher purity one, you'll get a smaller dose and therefore different effects. Or theoretically if the impurity is some sort of oil that protects the DMT from excess fire heat, it can be the inverse and actually prevent DMT degradation from certain smoking methods and therefore you'll get more DMT in your system overal even though its less pure. Or if you just use a different smoking method, some can be more or less effective.

Many variables we can consider..

TalkingGarden
#5 Posted : 9/22/2019 9:41:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeh especially when your trying to get down the method things can get a little different. I mostly use my dab rig with a titanium nail. When I first started I played with the temp as some people like low temp (wich is what I decided on) but also I have heard some say turn it up so it vaporizes from the air temp right above the nail so the dmt never actually touches the nail. this can make a huge difference!

Scatterday
#6 Posted : 9/23/2019 3:42:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

TalkingGarden wrote:

It was administered using the same method that's what I can't figure out and friends who trip on the same crystal as me using the same method have almost identical experiences. The first batch of crystals were almost like the dryness and consistency of popping candy, Very orange in colour but the next few batches I've been getting were almost a waxy kind of powder but dry in the same sense although they were very white.

I'm assuming it was lipids/fats left over after the extraction that couldn't be cleaned?

Supposedly the first batch was from mimosa according to the source and the other batches from a different source are from acacia he says.

It may be a difference in strength I'm really not sure at this point but these geometric patterns seemed very warm and seemed to rotate and shift in the most beautiful ways possible, I could tell it was a higher dimension of some sort and I was seeing these geometric patterns from impossible angles.

It was a really pleasant experience just observing them.

The next few experiences were very different but full on at the same time. The visuals filled up everywhere in my vision and there was no "blackness" left just like what you see when you close your eyes.

In one of the trips I was in a palace and all of the wall/background texture was made of these complex geometric patterns but they weren't moving they just seemed static. The closest thing I could describe them to would be stained tiles but very sharp, bright and they almost glowed.

The next few were very different almost like I was sent to a room with these women sitting on these thrones with more eyes can you can imagine but there was still some blackness left in my vision.

The next trip which was just over this weekend was full blown visuals where I was in the same "throne room" you could call it except there was no blackness left in my vision and everywhere was filled with this white energy and these beings made of pure white energy were holding objects in front of my face then taking them away very quickly as if they were trying to show me something. I just couldn't seem to capture what they were showing me or what it was exactly.

I re dosed after this experience and was sent to an empty void with maybe a few traces of colour here and there but it was a very full on experience.

TalkingGarden
#7 Posted : 9/24/2019 5:25:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I am not to educated on this specific point but I am pritty sure if it oxidized that would effect the trip. It can become dmt n oxide from being left out to long or being put in front of the fan to long. Maybe Some of the stuff you got had oxidized much more than the other stuff. I try to avoid it because with me I feel like there is more body discomfort with it. But I have read that it can make a big difference the effects I THINK come on a little slower and last longer as well for dmt n oxide vs dmt….Did you notice this this in some of your trips? did some last a lil longer or not catapult you as quickly? that may be a way to identify it. And I am pritty sure as it oxidizes it will turn yellow then be slightly goo-y not pure white dry crystals...

twitchy
#8 Posted : 9/24/2019 8:13:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also wouldn't underestimate the effects of your diet prior to the experience, both long term and immediate. The flora in our gut is the foundation of everything else that goes on down there and even small changes in our diet can radically change the rest of our body's chemistry. There's so many variables, but I think that intentions and expectations also are perfectly capable of producing radically different experiences and I believe, very strongly, that there's another intelligence involved when we embark on these journeys and god only knows what their intentions and expectations might bring to the table.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.