We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Amoxicillin and mushrooms? Options

breeze225
#1 Posted : 9/18/2019 1:17:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys...so I have a question if taking antibiotic (amoxicillin) is it ok to take some mushrooms? Doing research I read psychedelics with maoi are no good but aint thinking about that anyway...so I had a tooth pulled and REALLY DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THE PAIN KILLERS!!! the day before it came out I vaped some spice and the pain completely disapeered all day! Now I know its not good to smoke when you get a tooth taken out. But mushrooms have had a similar effect taking away pain in my knees I always have. So thinking about eating some today. But cant find much material on it and even a lot of the general psychedelic info is REALLY OLD! did find a few things where people said its ok but again its old info and figured I would ask you guys here what you think. Has anyone done this or heard of bad reactions?

OH I should also say I wasn't planning on going on a full blown trip!! I thinking only about a gram maybe a tiny bit more!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 9/18/2019 2:03:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Amoxicillin does not present a hazard with concurrent use of psilocybin mushrooms.

You say you have had a tooth extracted; is the amoxicillin to treat an infection, or to "prevent" an infection after, or because you have heart valve problems?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

breeze225
#3 Posted : 9/18/2019 2:10:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well ok so it was actually 2 teeth 1 I had a post from a route cannal and it broke I thought that was where the pain came from but with the x ray he said the tooth behind it could have been causing the pain so we decided to rip both out. So I THINK there might have been a little bit of infection going on with that back tooth....Would that make a difference? I mean if they would interact wouldnt they do it regardless of a infection or not?

corpus callosum
#4 Posted : 9/18/2019 2:48:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

breeze225 wrote:
Well ok so it was actually 2 teeth 1 I had a post from a route cannal and it broke I thought that was where the pain came from but with the x ray he said the tooth behind it could have been causing the pain so we decided to rip both out. So I THINK there might have been a little bit of infection going on with that back tooth....Would that make a difference? I mean if they would interact wouldnt they do it regardless of a infection or not?

It doesn't make a difference; I was just wondering what the reason for needing amoxicillin was. Dentists, IMHE, sometimes prescribe antibiotics for root canal work and there are differing views as to how effective they actually are; also pain doesn't necessarily always mean infection, nor the need for antibiotics.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

breeze225
#5 Posted : 9/18/2019 5:01:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh ok yeh honestly I agree antibiotics ARE prescribed way too much! One day they wont work anymore and we will have no one to blame but the docs that over used them! but I have actually said no to them when even they said it wasn't NEEDED before...but I want to be sure with this one as I thought the pain was from the broken post in the rout canaled tooth...but with xray you could see dark spots under the tooth behind that one and when he was poking around it hurt more near that tooth....and let me tell ya when the stick the needle for lidocaine in deep for a removal it always hurts but when he hit this back tooth deep with it I almost jumped out of the chair it was CLEARLY more painfull than any injection I have had and I have had a few teeth pulled...my teeth are crap due to years of being on a methadone clinic!
THANKS MAN!!

breeze225
#6 Posted : 9/18/2019 5:15:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey just got me curious would dmt have any interactions that you know of? I aint going to do it as you shouldn't be smoking after a pulled tooth for a couple days (I kinda screwed that up with cigs a couple time but keeping it to a minimum) but yeh when I was searching for answers this morning all I found was no aya or changa cause of the maoi factor but straight spice you ever heard of anything?

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 9/18/2019 11:42:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Doing research I read psychedelics with maoi are no good

That depends on the type of MAOI. Harmala alkaloids are typically just fine with the usual natural psychedelics, presenting a potentiating effect and, in the case of DMT of course, assisting in producing oral activity.

What does amoxicillin have to do with MAOI? The only link I see is that it contains all four letters.

Some people are allergic to amoxicillin and that is no fun at all. As it happens, anecdotally psychedelics can desensitise the immune system from the allergenic substance (one instance being with poison oak) but I would not advise trying this if one were significantly allergic to amoxicillin.

Quote:
would dmt have any interactions that you know of
I think using DMT shortly after having had 2 teeth pulled might lead to the experience being affected in some small way. This could be beneficial, bizarre or horrific, depending on your mindset and the present weather conditions.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

breeze225
#8 Posted : 9/19/2019 10:49:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

when I did a search about psychedelics and anti biotics I came across a couple people saying that mixing maoi with them wasn't a good idea...I don't have time right now to look up the links but ill try and find them again later

Yeh I did think about the fact of not having a great trip. I was just curious if it would have any interactions that would cause a negative physical response....having a breakthrough after having a piece of you riped out might not be the best idea LOL