We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Horrific mouth and nose trips Options

Yeuph
#1 Posted : 9/3/2019 1:26:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I posted this on Reddit earlier today so its just a copypasta. Thought I'd get better input here anyway:

"So as with all things DMT this shit is really hard to explain, and I can't really find anyone else that has experienced these issues so whereas we can maybe just talk about "DMT hyperspace" and we all kinda understand - talking about this is going to be a lot more difficult.

I've been using DMT for about a year now. I had one breakthrough experience and maybe 15 really good "waiting room" experiences - and a number of "I'm still conscious and listening to music" experiences (I actually absolutely love this as I've had time stop *on* notes where I just hear a single tone for a while, other really cool stuff like that).

Anyway - 4-5 months ago I was smoking and I had my first horrific experience. I'm not going to try to describe everything that happened in detail because well, I just fucking can't - that said, here's the important stuff - After smoking my mouth, teeth and inside of my nose got freakishly cold - this was the coldest cold I've ever felt. I imagine for my neurons to register this in normal circumstances I'd have to put liquid helium in my mouth or something. It was awful. From that point my mouth split into 3 and stretched out - all kinds of weird shit happened which I can't really describe properly - but my issue is this "cold feeling".

It happened again an hour ago. In between these 2 experiences I've had good trips and these seemingly come out of nowhere. I'm not really sure what to do about it. I'm not really terrified when this is happening as I can tell myself "Well fuck, this really sucks but it'll be over soon" - but after having this happen twice I'm starting to get afraid to pick up the pipe.

What do you guys think of this? Has anyone heard of anything similar? Any ideas at all? We all know there can be a really dark side to DMT, but this is just plain fucking horrific."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

FranLover
#2 Posted : 9/3/2019 5:24:40 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I'ved had a bit of that cold mouth for sure. I had to open my mouth to let it out, gasping for air, broke out in laughter and the laugther sounded echoey, metallic; it was the sound of someone walking on steel stairs in some big empty warehouse. Was an insane laugther in expression to, didnt know I had that in me.

What seemes to happen though is each individual develops a form of bad trip. I noticed that when you said "In between these 2 experiences I've had good trips and these seemingly come out of nowhere. I'm not really sure what to do about it. I'm not really terrified when this is happening as I can tell myself "Well fuck, this really sucks but it'll be over soon" - but after having this happen twice I'm starting to get afraid to pick up the pipe."

Thats how they start happening. You figure its Ok just an anomally, and in a way they are, but if you are asking does it stop happening the answer for me is Yes and No. Time will tell on this one.

As a precausion maybe change things. maybe smoalk less often? Or use Changa to breakthrough or if not drink B Caapi before smoking dmt.

I hope cold mouth doesnt get too ugly for u!Smile I had trips in which I thought like you said "Well fuck, this really sucks but it'll be over soon" but it was being smashed in the brain by the heaviest thing in the world. Object moving at infinite speed meets the universe's densest wall. I couldnt imagine a worst pain and bad trip, yet at the time I thought little of it, the strenght I had needed to endure it made me repress it or something, cause I kept smoalking at a regular pace. I dont think trips got easier.

I dont know how terrible this trip was to you, to me it sounds bearable. I compare it to the times Ive gotten that needles in your mouth feeling, or other weird uncomfy feelings, which can be ignored to an extent. Although if you say your mouth turns into three sounds kind of crazy
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Yeuph
#3 Posted : 9/4/2019 12:19:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, it was bearable but it hurt. And I did mean it was "horrific" as in something out of a horror movie, though intellectually it was really cool and I wasn't scared at the time just like "Uhhhh, ok wtf... End please".

The mouth turning into 3... It wasn't so much "my mouth" as the... neurons stretched out in front of me. Instead of my mouth it was like it turned into some other weird appendages. That was really fucking weird, but it was just the super painful cold feeling that's bothering me.

It'll probably be a week or 2 before I pick up my pipe again. Honestly I'll probably smoke some with an upcoming date with Lucy as we've dated hundreds of times and I'm more comfortable in that headspace than anywhere else. If I have problems then.. then hrmmmm.

twitchy
#4 Posted : 9/4/2019 8:03:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible that this is a physiological reaction, like when you get cold your body will remove blood flow from the extremities to protect the vital organs, or increasing blood flow to an abrasion to facilitate healing? Maybe with the smoke being particularly alkaline, or even impure, the mouth and nasal passages are reacting in some way that causes this sensation and you are more sensitized to it because of the state being induced? Just a guess, but it seems others are experiencing similar symptoms.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

HagRaven13
#5 Posted : 10/21/2019 8:37:48 AM

laughter is the best medicine

sorry to hear it was painful i cant even imagine being in psychical pain while under the influence. Alot of the times when i smoke after wards i do get unbearably cold, sometimes it gets to the point where im shaking, it could just be cold in my house or the profoundness of the trip its self causing some sort of anxiety, but never the less i do get the cold vibes.

I to get weird mouth sensations occasionally and weirdly enough i like to feel around my teeth coming down from a break thru, i cant really explain it but it feels almost divine in a way. but never pain, when i first started the taste would linger for a while which i hated but now i kinda like the taste.

maybe it could be the batch/amount you have or your smoking method, i hope it doesnt happen again, you should keep a water or hot beverage by you for the next time just in case.