We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Whole-bark vs. Pre-powdered Options

Sote
#1 Posted : 1/11/2010 6:20:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

Pleased to be amongst you. New guy here. Well, all new to this scene, but I have been fascinated with DMT for about two years. Hope to learn much and one day be able to teach others as well.

I will get around to writing an intro essay at some point, but for now I'm eager to know something in regards to both Caapi and Mimosa.

Say SWIM would want to brew Ayahuasca using Caapi or extract DMT from Mimosa, what should SWIM consider or know of when it comes to choosing between whole-bark and pre-powdered of these two? I ran a search and found a discussion centered on yield, but I'm wondering about the issue overall - i.e., yield, quality, purity, ease-of-preparation/extraction, beginner-friendliness, and whatever else you guys deem to be of importance.

And, specifically for brewing Ayahuasca, whether one goes for pre-powdered or not, would it be best to brew it with the ingredients in powder form?

Pre-powdered seems convenient, but I wonder about "freshness" and oxidization. I also imagine powders would appear rather suspect at the border to SWIM's country. SWIM's gut feeling says that SWIM should go for whole-bark. Thoughts, facts?

Thank you for your time,

Sote

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 1/11/2010 6:41:27 PM

The Great Namah

If you want to brew Aya I strongly suggest NOT using Mimosa.

Use Chaliponga (Diplopterys cabrerana) or Chacruna (Psychotria viridis) instead.

Mimosa is great for extracting, but not so much for oral ingestion. If you only have mimosa but still want to try oral DMT, I suggest extracting it first, then adding it to your Caapi brew. Mimosa contains a LOT of other active alkaloids in it that really influence a cerimony.

If you insist on using mimosa for oral dmt (not Aya, traditionally mimosa has never been added to an Ayahuasca brew) then I suggest using whole bark shredded by hand. Your biggest problem is going to be filtering the mimosa if you use powdered, and you don't want ANY plant material in your brew (if using mimosa).

Also be VERY careful in your dosage...people have reported extreme experiences on as little as 4g of mimosa.

Again, I highly suggest looking into traditional Ayahuasca brews using one of the admixture plants I listed above. Chacruna is generally gentler than Chaliponga, but NOT ALWAYS.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#3 Posted : 1/11/2010 8:54:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with acolon_5. Whole mimosa doesn't make good ayahuasca.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Sote
#4 Posted : 1/12/2010 9:31:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your advice, Acolon, and appreciation to Ron for giving it credence with his support. I will look into the possibility of using Chaliponga or Chacruna for Aya, and probably save Mimosa for an eventual DMT extraction. Either way, I would make sure to start out with a dosage at the lower end of what has been reported to give a benign experience, something I will read more about on this forum (previously having only read reports @ Erowid).

narmz
#5 Posted : 1/12/2010 10:39:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isn't Mimosa used in Brazil for a brew called Jurema or Yurema? I read, and this is straight from wikipedia, that it has been traditionally used without an added MAOI, yet is still active orally. It states that the discovery of Yuremamine in mimosa bark in 2005 may help to explain the oral activity. Anyhow, at least some people find it is worthy of oral administration without an extraction.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

joebono
#6 Posted : 1/13/2010 12:48:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
Isn't Mimosa used in Brazil for a brew called Jurema or Yurema? I read, and this is straight from wikipedia, that it has been traditionally used without an added MAOI, yet is still active orally. It states that the discovery of Yuremamine in mimosa bark in 2005 may help to explain the oral activity. Anyhow, at least some people find it is worthy of oral administration without an extraction.

I made a MHRB brew with 30 grams once and drank it without a MAOI. There was zero activity at that dosage.

BecometheOther
#7 Posted : 1/11/2011 7:29:22 PM

metamorhpasizer

To each his own acolon, but your fears about mimosa are way overstated..

Theres easy ways to clean out the brew using eggwhites (ive posted links to my tech before), but even if you do ingest some powdered plant material
Its really NO BIG DEAL.
All the best experiences i have ever had have come from this brew, and I am experienced with traditional ayahuasca as well...
It makes a wonderful magical healing brew, You just gotta learn how to work with it, but definetly form your own opinion about it instead of just taking his word for it, he obviously isn't experienced with jeruma
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

BecometheOther
#8 Posted : 1/11/2011 7:33:14 PM

metamorhpasizer

http://forums.mycotopia....36-clear-mimosa-tea.html

Tech for clear mimosa tea works wonders Pleased
Theres a walkthrough and pictures
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

godling
#9 Posted : 1/12/2011 1:32:22 AM

Winnie the Pooh

Harmalosa wrote:
http://forums.mycotopia.net/holding-tank/65136-clear-mimosa-tea.html

Tech for clear mimosa tea works wonders Pleased
Theres a walkthrough and pictures

woah nice tech... swim will be trying this when possible...
everything posted by godling is false information.. just imagination at work

I am learning not to search for eve anymore but to just 'be' with her for she is already the other half of my soul and one day we'll organically meet as we reach across the cosmos to one another..now comes the light of love

shine as bright as the flame in the pupil of my eye

ragabr
#10 Posted : 1/12/2011 2:27:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not believe that Acolon_5 was warning about tannins and intense purge, but about the activity of mimosa.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

BecometheOther
#11 Posted : 1/12/2011 9:25:58 PM

metamorhpasizer

if it was inactive I dont know why you would ingest it lol....

But in all seriousness, He was warning about both high potency, and taste/consistancy... I consume doses of 8g regularly, and once 12g.. Even the 12g was a very positive experience..

Im just sayin its really easy to dabble in something once, not get where you wanted to go with it, and then proceed to blame that plant for that experience, when really you just need to refine your method of approaching that plant, We here at the Nexus should understand that better than most

just find the potency of your bark before diving in with a big dose, and theres nothing to worry about!

Dont get my tone wrong here, im just trying to stop misinformation before your discouraged from doing something that could be amazing and lifechanging here....

Anyone saying mimosa cant/shouldn't be ingested orally is ignorant on the subject
I have had so many heavenly and enlightening experiences with mimosa brew that I find that assertion (that its no good for oral use, only extraction) very laughable indeed.

Please take nothing I said as an attack twords anyone, its purely for informational purposes Pleased