We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt changed my shroom experiences Options

teotenakeltje
#1 Posted : 1/9/2010 9:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

after having a dmt experience my mushroom trips have gone to an other level...
as soon the effects of the mushrooms start to kick in...my subconsiousness reveals impressions of my previous dmt voyage, as soon as the effects fade away i cannot hold them.
So even with low doses i get a glimps of the vastness of the experience, the endlessness, and most of all the humbling impression.
There's also fear, because it remembers me of the dark side to...my darkside.

Before dmt i was able to share the shroomexperience with others, you know, funny kind of way, now it's like i've got a lot of work to do so i prefer doing it alone...

I think it is part of the processing, it shows me my mind is still dealing with that first dmt experience and i think it is wise to give it a rest for now.

Would be nice to get some feedback, maybe similar stories.

Peace and Love to all of you...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ice House
#2 Posted : 1/9/2010 9:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I agree. Before DMT, I explored with heroic doses of shrooms. I can no longer do that. Just a small ammount, now sends me into a frquently dark introspective guilt ridden experience. I dont enjoy shrooms like I used to. I feel they attack me. DMT seems to be less judgemental.

I have gone through many trials and tribulations in 45 years. I retired from the USMC a few years back. I saw and did some ugly things. I got out and spent a few years addicted to coke,meth,and booze. Now I am completely sober. I have been for over a year now. I have made sincere attempts to make ammends, Shrooms wont allow me to forget and move on. This was never an issue before DMT. Maybe being sober has something to do with the change in my shroom trips?

I do understand what your saying.. I agree. I would never consider taking shrooms with others, mostly because I dont know for sure how I am going to react to the shrooms... I get nervous thinking about it sometimes.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 1/9/2010 11:44:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is interesting...

I've noticed that, post DMT, a big dose of mushrooms takes me to a very similar space, with very similar visual architecture to a DMT trip, only (most of the time), a lot more forgiving, warmer, gentler, slowed down.

However, I have had a few dark trips since coming to DMT, and I never really lose it on mushrooms...they are my number one ally.

One time, myself and a good friend had eaten some dried, locally picked, liberty caps.

I noticed he was having a hard time, and he went to have a lie down and a wrestle with the particular demons assailing him. Around that time, really quite late on in the trip, it almost felt like a shadow descended upon me, and to my helpless, yet calm horror...I experienced the death of my brain, as each level of consciousness grew darker and imploded, level by level. This was very harrowing, and yet I was completely at peace at the same time. My friend returned, and I found out he had been encountering death in his own way...the mushrooms had been leading him somewhere dark, and rather than resisting the flow he went with it...and he had a very harrowing, yet rewarding experience.

And when we both came down, we shared a marijuana cigarette...the tastiest and most pleasurable spliff I've ever had, and this harrowing feeling was replaced with this feeling of elation and invincibilty at what we'd just been through.

So ultimately the experience was rewarding. Another time, we very foolishly mixed some Psilocybe cubensis and Copelandia cyanecens mushrooms...and boy did they spank us! The two species hated each other, and our bodies and minds were the battle grounds, a really torturous, wild trip...none of the normal jeweled, bemushroomed beauty...the world was sickening, ugly, dark and twisted, almost like it was being vomited into existance. The simple buzzing of house fly around the dark room during our despair, immediately brought up the feeling that death was nearby again, smiling at us in the shadows. During all of this, and our agony, a close friend had eaten some Copelandia only, and was proceeding to go through the most intense psychotic episode I have ever been witness to...complete and utter despair...we wanted to help him, but he was so far gone, and we had so much on our own plate, we could only keep the group together and hold on to the thought with passing time the situation will improve...its weird, looking into a friends eyes, and him not being there, just nothing, some human body prototype, a lump of flesh...creepy. He swore of psychedelics after...and yet his experience during this episode was incredible.

Despite the intense darkness of both experiences, they were important for me personally, and I learnt a lot, more, arguably, than many of my more blissful voyages.

It could be argued though, that with each step into the light, another should be taken down in to the darkness...kinda a yin yang vibe, the universe in balance...

My friend had another trip on these mushrooms at a later date...and had a very bad experience from very early on. We chalked this up to old mushrooms (?) but this DMT connection is an interesting theory...

Virola78
#4 Posted : 1/10/2010 2:51:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience with mushrooms the social trips are often the most difficult. This is of course because there are more persons involved. Each set of mind which will influences the group. Also the group tripping is more of both 'here' AND 'out there'. The overlapping of those different states can add some weird and nasty (dark) spin to the experience. Sometimes it is best to just settle down to get accustomed to the shifting in conciousness, but because of the group one cannot always let go and just flow fly away. In group tripping you have to deal with others. So it is best to do this with people who have about the same level of experience. Otherwise there will be a huge gap between individual trips. Instead of synergy there will be frustration and bad vibes. You do not want to be hold back because someone inexperienced is confronted with all sort of surfacing personal issues and problems. In my opinion social trips should be about fun and adventure together, experiencing and exploring whatever strange things comes along the path you are walking together (literally).

Especially in group tripping it is important to make sure there is new input from time to time (by walking around outside, instead of sitting on a couch in the same room for the whole duration of the trip). What also helps to give direction to a group trip is to have a rough plan ready in advance. A realistic plan everyone in the group agrees on of course. So plan a route and make sure there wont be too much unpleasant surprises (like barbwire or otherwise dangerous or stressfull terrain). And also take into account an 'endpoint', somewhere you can all settle down in peace when the walk is over. An big tent or a campfire, or some other place where you can sit down and relax afterwards. Of course the trip will always take a walk on its own, but especially in group tripping it is very comforting and reassuring to have some vague idea about where to go, some destination. But do not plan to tight of course. There should be plenty time and room for adventurous sidesteps and so on, on the fly.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

breakMYhead
#5 Posted : 1/10/2010 3:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To the OP, i've only had mushrooms once since D, and I had pretty much exactly what you described.
i post on behalf of a good friend.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 1/10/2010 4:31:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think the problem with mushrooms is that you cannot ever exactly predict how strong they will be. When you underestimate them they can completely overwhelm you and blow you away. If you take a little more than you can handle you'l have to sit it out for maybe 8 hours.

Some type of shrooms are very simmilar to the feeling of DMT, while some have a different vibe. They each have their own character.

Some type of shrooms have a darker character than others.
There are shrooms that can easiliy lead you to dark places while on others this is more unlikely.

I don't like any psychedelic with the wrong people around me. I have to be either completely alone, or with people that i realy trust and love from the very bottom of my heart.

Being in the right company of people is fantastic and will deepen friendships and relationships.

Oncewas
#7 Posted : 1/11/2010 10:34:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms changed mushrooms for me. After my first heroic dose sub-heroic doses have a totally different take.

I haven't eaten and mushrooms since I started working with dmt but when I do I will let you all know. I was considering doing an aya brew and adding a gram of mushrooms just to see if it would synergize. Anyone ever try this?

elphologist1
#8 Posted : 1/12/2010 12:48:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I think the problem with mushrooms is that you cannot ever exactly predict how strong they will be. When you underestimate them they can completely overwhelm you and blow you away. If you take a little more than you can handle you'l have to sit it out for maybe 8 hours.

Actually you can arrange for a known dose. After a few small trial grows, I cloned a particular mushroom and grew about half a pound (wet) of mushrooms. I dried these and ground them up. Knew exactly how strong a dose was from that batch from then on. Actually, over the course of almost 3 years it seemed the potency decreased about 20-30% (with careful storage). Unless I became less sensitive to the effects over time.

elphologist

Virola78
#9 Posted : 1/12/2010 1:34:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

elphologist1 wrote:
polytrip wrote:

Actually you can arrange for a known dose. After a few small trial grows, I cloned a particular mushroom and grew about half a pound (wet) of mushrooms. I dried these and ground them up. Knew exactly how strong a dose was from that batch from then on. Actually, over the course of almost 3 years it seemed the potency decreased about 20-30% (with careful storage). Unless I became less sensitive to the effects over time.

elphologist

Yea i should grow them...
Standard dose of sclerotia from the smartshop can vary quite a bit.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

VisualDistortion
#10 Posted : 1/21/2010 4:46:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it comes from working with a substance for so long that you begin to recognize it true beauty and what they are capable of revealing in your mind and in your heart. When I first started shrooming it was all about what is going on, what am I seeing, what am I doing right now and making the fungus part of an experience. Now the fugnus IS the experience. Now I can close my eyes and open up to a beautiful and unique experience within my own mind(A very similiar one to hyperspace). I can open up to myself and engage in intellectual dialogue much easier than I used to be able to. The world beneath my eyelids is a very beautiful and color world alot like hyperspace, but I don't think DMT is the reason for the change. I think I have just grown with the substance and come to understand it better.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

polytrip
#11 Posted : 1/21/2010 11:08:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
elphologist1 wrote:
polytrip wrote:

elphologist

That's true. But most people who have realy bad experiences with shrooms, also have little experience with it.

There are many people who think that shrooms are like hash or something. They expect it to be just funny and spacy. This misunderstanding can arise because some shrooms are incredibly weak while others are incredibly strong.

I think that strong shrooms are only suited for people who already have experience with psychedelics because they can rival DMT in how overwhelming it can be, while they can last up to 8 hours if a large dose is taken.

Shrooms ought to be taken as seriously as DMT and not as some sort of funny thing that can give you gigles and some nice visual effects. Underestimating them is realy a very bad idea that can get you into deep trouble.
People who think they can still function normally and drive cars and such are realy asking for serious problems.

Virola78
#12 Posted : 1/22/2010 1:39:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea it is never fun to see someone holding on desperately..
turning into a stiff retard lol
Ego should fly, not die Wink