We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
De-fat step makes a difference with ACRB Options

Metta-Morpheus
#1 Posted : 8/13/2019 12:42:05 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

This most recent extraction was the first time I remembered to do a defat step before it was to late. Just confirming for anyone using acrb, significantly less goo in bottom of jar. Threw me off as my yield looked crappy, but after weighing, pretty close to expected. I just thought my previous yields were really good. But they were heavy on fats I think. Anyway, I just obtained some gnosis about acrb. I can be told, but once I see for myself is when these things stick. I don’t think I’ll forget again Neutral
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Nydex
#2 Posted : 8/13/2019 9:01:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I've seen many people praise the defatting step and say it's super important. I did make it during my last ACRB extraction, but it was also my first so I have no grounds of comparison whatsoever.

Can you share your method in detail, please? Thanks! Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Metta-Morpheus
#3 Posted : 8/13/2019 10:10:23 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I did 3 1.5 hour boils on my bark, with an unmeasured amount of white vinegar each time. I don’t get crazy with the acidification, just get the ph down so the spice wants out of the bark. Then combined boils and reduced to workable amount (an 800 ml mason jar for 200 gram bark). This is when I normally jumped right to basing and forgot the defat step. So instead, I did a normal naphtha pull at this point before dmt was in freebase form. This allowed all the non polar junk that comes out later to move now while leaving spice in aqueous solution. I also froze this pull just to see if any spice came with it, but no, just a bunch of gunk. I then proceeded as normal with basing and pulling. Still a little goo, but I suspect this is the nmt and maybe a tiny bit of fats. I know you could completely defat it if you repeated the defat pull until the naphtha pulled clear, but I only did this once.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

DreadedShaman
#4 Posted : 8/13/2019 10:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've talked to a fair amount that say the defat isn't necessary, especially if you re-x, but I swear by it, great product without re-x