We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
* Options

Feanor
#1 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:24:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Feanor
#2 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:30:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Feanor
#3 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:31:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Feanor
#4 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:33:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Feanor
#5 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:34:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BoKuDen
#6 Posted : 1/7/2010 2:04:13 AM

-

...Is this available in hard back and could you sign it?

I'm halfway through chapter 4, and certainly will be watching this thread as you update with new chapters.
"The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand."
I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
Our Great War's a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives.

Pulse
#7 Posted : 1/7/2010 4:00:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, fascinating! :] i really enjoyed the read. I wanna know ur other experiences with dmt. im no psychonot yet. I have experienced lack of sleep halucinating. i couldnt sleep for 3 days and i became delerious changing my ideas of what was going on. I was actually hyper and wide awake, but my out of touch mind winded me up in the crazy hospital. Wonder if it means that people back in the years before the agriculture revolution could get along with no sleep? I actually sensed my senses had hightened. What does this say about schizophrenics? if everything we make real in our heads becomes real and is, what does this say about creation? its interesting... very intersesting. Razz The purpose for exsistence. Experience? Interaction? Amusement? Emotion? Hmm maybe the purpose of exsistence is simply the need to exsist and change. But who knows...

Feanor
#8 Posted : 1/7/2010 5:06:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

BoKuDen wrote:
...Is this available in hard back and could you sign it?

I'm halfway through chapter 4, and certainly will be watching this thread as you update with new chapters.

I'm currently awaiting the response from a publishing company about whether or not they'd be interested in publishing it. If they say no, then I'll go from there, but if they say yes, then there's a good chance that it could be offered in hard back, seeing that many of their books are offered in hard back. I'll definitely get it published, but I just don't know exactly by who or when. When it comes out, though, I'd definitely be glad to sign a copy for you. I'm glad to know that you're into it.

Quote:
Wow, fascinating! :] i really enjoyed the read. I wanna know ur other experiences with dmt. im no psychonot yet. I have experienced lack of sleep halucinating. i couldnt sleep for 3 days and i became delerious changing my ideas of what was going on. I was actually hyper and wide awake, but my out of touch mind winded me up in the crazy hospital. Wonder if it means that people back in the years before the agriculture revolution could get along with no sleep? I actually sensed my senses had hightened. What does this say about schizophrenics? if everything we make real in our heads becomes real and is, what does this say about creation? its interesting... very intersesting. The purpose for exsistence. Experience? Interaction? Amusement? Emotion? Hmm maybe the purpose of exsistence is simply the need to exsist and change. But who knows...

Thanks a lot for the response! I'll update with some more DMT reports soon. About people getting along with no sleep prior to the Agricultural Revolution - Yes, that is an interesting postulation! I guess, we can only guess. I've always thought that schizophrenics are some of the smartest people in the world. I happen to know a few of them, and they are the most psychedelic people I know; I admire them for that. Schizophrenia, as I will address in detail later on, is what happens when the psychedelic experience goes wrong. When it comes to altering your consciousness, I think that there's a healthy amount of times by which you can do it. If you do it too much with psychedelics, schizophrenia may very well occur. You have some very interesting thoughts; thanks for sharing.

Virola78
#9 Posted : 1/7/2010 12:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Feanor : )

Very interesting.
Have not read it yet, no time now, but i very much like the initiative. Especialy since you are putting philosophy in there too. Nice!!

So i read it. And i liked it. Not at all what i expected it to be at first glance.

Some reminds me of Castaneda, but it is still very different and much more in the spirit of this time.
You have found a nice way of bringing things, and i like playing with the new ideas that are presented.

So keep up the good work. If you post more, i will be happy to read it.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Feanor
#10 Posted : 1/15/2010 2:57:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

universecannon
#11 Posted : 1/15/2010 3:44:56 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I read your dmt chronicles a long time ago on shroomery, very interesting stuff! Good luck with the book your working on. Thanks for posting all these chapters up here, ill be sure to give em a read. Welcome to the nexus

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Dimitrius
#12 Posted : 1/15/2010 4:25:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really enjoy reading your lessons/sessions with the Elf Goddess.

Smile
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Quasar
#13 Posted : 1/15/2010 6:07:13 AM

Alpha Egg Omega

"This is the professor who showed me that Philosophy is the most supreme alternative to the psychedelic experience."

This is an absurd comment... Alternative in what way? Are they in competition, do they both have the same goals in mind?

Psychedelic means "Mind Manifesting", so experiences which reveal the nature of the mind are not as valid as philosophy? How is "mind manifestation" not in some way deeply intertwined with philosophy...

and not to knit pick but for me citations are a central part of academic papers/writings, maybe not for this class or in your style but there are many points and references made to philosophers perspectives etc that could use citation.... plus i think it would look good if you were trying to get it published.

Also, I have never ever heard of such repeatedly anthropomorphized psychedelic entities, you talk about them winking, talking slyly etc etc... do you really experience these "trips" as such detailed and linear conversations and lectures? I mean I have had psychic intuitions, detailed unimaginable information downloaded, intense exchanges of psychic energies and lessons, but never in such a structured dialog... Interesting and unique for sure.

Feanor
#14 Posted : 1/15/2010 11:41:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, UniverseCannon and Demetrius.

Quasar - I don't think it's an absurd comment in the slightest. Just break it down, and you'll understand what it means. There are many ways by which one can reach the enlightenment that comes along with psychedelics. All I'm saying is that Philosophy is an alternative to taking psychedelics, and that, through philosophy, too, one can come into contact with what one comes into contact with through using psychedelic substances. A --> X B --> X C --> X. A, B, and C are different alternatives to pursue in order to reach X (the psychedelic). After taking psychedelics, I think that philosophy is the next best route one can take to reach enlightenment. Another person may differ with me and say that Yoga is more superior to Philosophy - Just a difference of personal preference.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I think that psychedelics are the best route to take, that psychedelics will lead you to enlightenment the best. Then, I think philosophy is next up in line. Then, after that, I'd say Yoga is the third best. Trust me, I wasn't trying to imply that philosophy is better than psychedelics, just that after psychedelics, philosophy is the next best thing one can do to become enlightened.

I don't like citations, and I think that they just get in the way.

These reports record, to the best of my ability, how I experienced all of these events. The dialogue, as it is recorded, is not word for word accurate, but it's always that way in an piece of creative nonfiction. People don't carry notepads around and write down everything somebody says to them, so they can put it in their book. Castaneda didn't record word for word what Don Juan was telling him, yet there is still a ton of dialogue that Don Juan participates in. As long as it hits the central theme or idea, I think that the dialogue is excersizing the truth. Everything does not need to be word for word.

Quasar
#15 Posted : 1/16/2010 4:11:30 AM

Alpha Egg Omega

"I don't like citations, and I think that they just get in the way."

Hmm I enjoy citations because they do two things:

lend credibility to references of others work

and

allow me to explore the ideas the author pulls up from other philosophers/writers works and thus derive my own conclusions

My comments are surely personal preference... But, I will say that failure to cite when diving into philosophy and somewhat academic waters puts oneself at unequal and unfair footing with the readership, expecting them to trust conclusions and paraphrased philosophies on faith alone... This criticism would not be placed on any other "trip report" but your presentation of this as a book to be published made me comment on it in such a way.

---

So how would you define enlightenment?
Are you enlightened?

---

I appreciate the effort and it is a very interesting read, thanks for posting this.

Elpo
#16 Posted : 1/16/2010 9:14:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's dangerous to say that psychedelics lead to enlightenment... i mean just look at the 60's. I don't think it's as easy as that. I agree that they can be seen as a tool to become better humans but if they will lead to enlightenment is a much bigger step.

I wish you all the best with your book.

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

transitory
#17 Posted : 1/16/2010 12:25:01 PM

currently intergrating

Thank you for sharing this with us Feanor. I have enjoyed reading so far.

The following resonates particularly...

Feanor wrote:
they started going through me. Yes, they went through me!

It felt as if they were imbedding me with a certain and unique type of perplexing information. They were changing me. As each one entered my soul, he or she implanted their own and unique piece of data inside of me...

Suddenly, I heard her...She spoke inside of my head ...

"Search within your soul, and find the one question that's been pestering you the most."

"Are you real?" I asked with caution...

"Very good," said the Elf Goddess benignly. "The answer to that question is what the Elves gave you when they imparted their knowledge inside of you...

"I think that this is all real," I said solidly.

"Good," said the Elf Goddess.

"So you are real," I said mesmerizingly. "You really do exist."

"Yes," said the Elf Goddess with a happy smile.

I opened up my eyelids...I was in a state of utter bliss...I was proud, joyful, and ecstatic.

I do however agree with Quasar on the subject of citations and for the same reasons he stated.
"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

ambi-lysergance
#18 Posted : 1/16/2010 1:32:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

feanorVery happy

I am extremelly familiar and equally engaged with your work

its a pleasure to have you around friendVery happy
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

Feanor
#19 Posted : 1/16/2010 10:14:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the comments, Quasar, Elpo, transitory, and ambi-lysergance. By the way, I like your name a lot, ambi-lysergance! Cool

About the citations - That's the thing, though. I don't care about credibility! A lot of philosophical works, such as Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, don't use citations. This is a piece of creative nonfiction, and most of those kinds of works don't have citations. I will put in a bibliography, though, so people can come to see which materials led me to derive my assertions.

About enlightenment - I'm not going to answer that right now, because it is one of the most central concepts to this work. Don't worry, though, I'll definitely answer your question in later chapters.

ambi-lysergance
#20 Posted : 1/16/2010 11:43:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Feanor wrote:
By the way, I like your name a lot, ambi-lysergance! Cool

thank you feanor, it was initially a name for a future music project inspired by a deep tryptamine induced trance but the realms of fatherhood took the intiative so that is on the backburner so to speak, if you ever use it in one of your divine creative ponderings Im more than happy to accept a signed copy (hardback or otherwiseVery happy ) and a small print credit lol

seriously though I understand what you were getting at in your last post, as i say I think Ive prob read, been somewhat influenced by (in one way or an other) been encaptivated by all of the stuff youve ever published online and im glad youve popped your head up here.

Very happy
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

123NEXT