We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT reality visual bleedover. Options

wet sand
#1 Posted : 8/8/2019 8:30:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have a strange question, After becoming a DMT user, I've found that i have two weird side effects and was curious if its common or not.

When I'm sober from DMT, If i close my eyes, I see faint ghosty DMT like visuals and faint patterns moving around.

if i mediate the visuals come on even stronger.

After taking a break from DMT for a few months it never ended up going away.

Basically It started happening after my very first experience with DMT, And the only way i can describe what I'm seeing is DMT esque.

Another thing I've noticed is that even when I'm completely sober from DMT, I've experienced a weird light sensitivity with my eyes - that's not exactly what it is, But I'll explain it like this.

If i look at a light bulb or street lamp at night or the sun even in passing, If i close my eyes, The bright light will morph into a small DMT esque colourful visual with moving patterns. It normally lasts for about ten seconds before fading away.

With any bright light i see, if i close my eyes then the light will morph into a rotating multi sided interlocking cube with rotating wheels within wheels type stuff. It's very colourful and it's the type of thing i never knew could exist before trying DMT.

That's why I'm 100% certain that it's related to my DMT use.

It's a purely visual phenomenon.

Another way I'm certain it's DMT related is because whenever i do smoke spice, These side effects will be more noticeable and stronger.

After a few days the side effects will decrease, But never go away completely.

Before i decided to get into the spice i researched it quite well and found that despite it's potency its a physically safe substance to take with no long term detrimental effects.

To be honest, My side effects haven't been a problem for me, But it's definitely noticeable.

Has anyone else ever experienced this ??

It's difficult to explain, But hopefully someone else will understand what I'm talking about.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 8/8/2019 8:53:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I experience similar with grid patterns. During the first year I was using DMT it was very noticeable but as time goes on I rarely notice it. It happened quite strong yesterday actually, a full screen of patterns across my vision which faded after about 10 seconds.
I haven't noticed any deterioration of my mental acuity or reasoning though.
I'm not really worried either, it just is.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

RoundAbout
#3 Posted : 8/9/2019 12:04:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're not aware (I apologise if you are) you can find more similar reports by searching the forums for HPPD (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder). There are many people that I suppose would be considered sub-clinical and have no problem with it.

โ—‹
#4 Posted : 8/9/2019 4:31:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I've had faint recollections of that place come over my internal visual field even while just reading texts from others experiences. Certain music will do it too. Nighttime really can bring these things out ime.

For me it's part and parcel due to the things I've experienced. Aside from providing a significantly different outlook on myself and reality, these experiences really haven't intervened into my everyday life and operation within it all that much if any. I'm still little ol me living continuously within everyday life. Still have to wake up everyday and live my best life within the constraints I'm given.

Though..particular music from significantly powerful past experiences + reading snippets of some peoples past experiences can really shift things for me. It can definitely come back in vivid fragments.

Northerner
#5 Posted : 8/9/2019 5:03:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's probably what triggered it for me the other day tatt, I was reading an experience report. I didn't link what I was reading with the possibility of triggering that. I just kinda shirked it off and kept doing what I was doing.

It's like this one desk I own regularly smells like spice and has done ever since I used it to research my first extraction.

I think DMT can create links in our brains that weren't there before. It's not like damage but more like being hotwired for increased perception.

wet sand
#6 Posted : 8/9/2019 5:04:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:
If you're not aware (I apologise if you are) you can find more similar reports by searching the forums for HPPD (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder). There are many people that I suppose would be considered sub-clinical and have no problem with it.

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't exactly sure what to type in to look it up and see if if was common or not.

I'll check it out. And for me it hasn't been a problem, Just a strange side effect that i knew was related to spice use.

Northerner
#7 Posted : 8/9/2019 5:12:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think some degree of it is pretty common, it's just where it becomes debilitating or anxiety inducing that's pretty rare.

wet sand
#8 Posted : 8/9/2019 5:42:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
That's probably what triggered it for me the other day tatt, I was reading an experience report. I didn't link what I was reading with the possibility of triggering that. I just kinda shirked it off and kept doing what I was doing.

It's like this one desk I own regularly smells like spice and has done ever since I used it to research my first extraction.

I think DMT can create links in our brains that weren't there before. It's not like damage but more like being hotwired for increased perception.

That's a unique one with your desk, You used it for researching your first extraction and now it smells like spice to you ?

After my first time smoking spice, I can remember for days and days afterwards being able to notice the strong sweet smell of dmt in my kitchen cos I'd left my bark in a bag overnight on my kitchen bench.

Before my first trip i couldn't pick up on any type of dmt from my bark, But after that first trip, It made my body extra sensitive to the sweet distinct DMT smell.

It reminds me a few years ago hearing a certain song that i hadn't heard since i was a kid. As soon as the song started, All of a sudden i could smell the strong scent of fresh pencil shavings. Followed by a strong memory of me being a kid and drawing and sharpening pencils while listening to that song on the radio.

So a sound memory triggered a strong scent memory for me.

And like i said, After first consuming spice, My nose got extra sensitive to the sweet smell of dmt in bark. It was the greatest smell ever lol

The human brain is definitely fascinating, And dmt seems to alter the brain in some ways, But to my knowledge it can't alter it in a bad way with any negative lingering residual effects. If I'm wrong about that then i definitely haven't heard of it yet.

FranLover
#9 Posted : 8/9/2019 5:53:35 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Yes Tatt, I hear the songs I've brokenthrough to and I get the craziest shiver down my spine.

For me what is discussed in this topic is very common and reading the fam's testimonies on this further confirms it.

When laying under a white celing light and closing my eyes Ive seen a neon blue rectangle which forms into grids or moves around. Its mostly neon colors, blue and magenta. All of this using only using weed, but I never used to see absolutley anything on weed before dmt.

One of the first, if not the first, breakthrough I had on changa I saw a plant, maybe a vine, with deep green leaves stretch and strike out beautifully at the begining of the whole trip. Just today Ive had happen to me what happens many times in the week, which is I am laying down and I move and in a burst of a second I see an image in my mind that is botanical in nature. Its weird cause its so fast its like I dont even see the image, it feels more like I recieve the info of it and then recreate it in my minds eye. Today it was some green bushes filled with deep red cherries or flowers covering it; I remember the red, it was beautiful and glowed.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Northerner
#10 Posted : 8/9/2019 6:55:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wet sand wrote:
That's a unique one with your desk, You used it for researching your first extraction and now it smells like spice to you ?

Not always, just sometimes. For a long time I thought it was the computer but now that's on another desk and the smell intermittently appears on my old wooden one. I can distinctly remember the first time I smelled it on it as well.

For a while after I started I could smell it everywhere too. In the streets, on my clothes, at work, in the forest. It was omnipresent. After a few months that faded.

wet sand
#11 Posted : 8/9/2019 2:04:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
wet sand wrote:

Not always, just sometimes. For a long time I thought it was the computer but now that's on another desk and the smell intermittently appears on my old wooden one. I can distinctly remember the first time I smelled it on it as well.

For a while after I started I could smell it everywhere too. In the streets, on my clothes, at work, in the forest. It was omnipresent. After a few months that faded.

It would be great if dmt was more common and somewhat less taboo to the point where tests were more common. I'm curious as to why exactly the smell of dmt becomes so much stronger and sweet after you start consuming spice for the first time.

For me it lasted for a few weeks, But i remember after first smoking spice, The next day waking up and going into my lounge room/kitchen to find my house absolutely reeked of the stuff. Of course the person who lived with me and hasn't smoked spice couldn't smell it at all. I could smell it out in nature too.

Another early side effect i had lasted for about 2 months, Whenever I'd close my eyes, I could see dmt trip faces appear, I'd see eyes looking back at me in the darkness, They'd flash with colours with flowing vines and patterns around them.

When I'd lie down to go to sleep i could see these faces get more intense. At the time i found it cool as hell.

Over time it faded, Now when i close my eyes i still see things and moving patterns, But they are non descript and semi transparent and ghostly. I'm just guessing but if i ever give up spice for good then it'd probably disappear after a year or maybe longer.

RoundAbout
#12 Posted : 8/9/2019 3:37:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wet sand wrote:
It would be great if dmt was more common and somewhat less taboo to the point where tests were more common. I'm curious as to why exactly the smell of dmt becomes so much stronger and sweet after you start consuming spice for the first time.

If you're suggesting that what you're smelling is actually DMT that needs to be found: it's probably just indolic smells in general. It is for me, anyways.

wet sand
#13 Posted : 8/9/2019 5:33:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:
wet sand wrote:

If you're suggesting that what you're smelling is actually DMT that needs to be found: it's probably just indolic smells in general. It is for me, anyways.

Do you mean that the reason i could pick up the smell of dmt with far more potency is because after that first experience with spice my body wanted more or something ? " DMT that needs to be found . "

I didn't really mean it like that - For me it was just a unique side effect, After smoking spice for the first time, All of a sudden the unique sweet sickly smell of dmt became way more potent.

After an early extraction i was talking to a friend, He said to smell the yield and see if i could pick up a smell, I tried and i couldn't, It just seemed odorless to me. But after i smoked spice for the first time i could definitely identify the smell. It became quite more pronounced and potent and identifiable. I'd sniff in my bark bag and smell it in that too, it'd reek of it.

I guess it's like how pot has a certain unique odor to it.

However, Like someone else in this thread stated, I could also smell the DMT smell when i was in nature. I'm not saying that i was like a truffle hound smelling DMT and finding it like that. I could just smell it more when out in nature. I have no idea why it would happen, And eventually the smell became less potent over time. ( maybe cos as i started smoking more spice over time that my brain got used to it ?? Idk ) .

RoundAbout
#14 Posted : 8/9/2019 6:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wet sand wrote:
...I could also smell the DMT smell when i was in nature. I'm not saying that i was like a truffle hound smelling DMT and finding it like that. I could just smell it more when out in nature. I have no idea why it would happen, And eventually the smell became less potent over time. ( maybe cos as i started smoking more spice over time that my brain got used to it ?? Idk ) .

I meant you're probably not smelling DMT in nature... it is probably other indolic compounds that have similarities to DMT.

wet sand wrote:
...it was just a unique side effect, After smoking spice for the first time, All of a sudden the unique sweet sickly smell of dmt became way more potent.

After an early extraction i was talking to a friend, He said to smell the yield and see if i could pick up a smell, I tried and i couldn't, It just seemed odorless to me. But after i smoked spice for the first time i could definitely identify the smell. It became quite more pronounced and potent and identifiable. I'd sniff in my bark bag and smell it in that too, it'd reek of it.

Yes, this is a really common experience after smoking DMT. I certainly experienced it. I imagine it is similar to becoming sensitive to smells that are present during illness or discomfort... but this is a different sort of intense experience.

Almost as though you're 'primed' (I don't know if this is the correct word) for a particular pattern... and you're therefore more likely to mistake other things for it if you're not careful. HPPD in general kind of seems like sensory processing that is no longer 'tuned' for external reality to me.

dragonrider
#15 Posted : 8/9/2019 8:37:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if the DMT itself is the cause, or whether you simply have just become much more receptive to phenomena that have always been there.

Have you tried to meditate?

twitchy
#16 Posted : 8/9/2019 8:53:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
I wonder if the DMT itself is the cause, or whether you simply have just become much more receptive to phenomena that have always been there.

That's what I believe personally. This other place it always there, just beyond the range of our senses and consciousness, like a noise that we hear constantly and get so used to that we no longer hear it until all else is silenced or the sound is isolated and amplified through pharmacology. I think it is because of this, we tend to overlook the fact that serotonin is a tryptamine.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

breeze225
#17 Posted : 8/9/2019 10:31:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

reading this I am interested to see where it goes for me I am still new maybe 2 months with this and the first month was only twice and yes a lot when I close my eyes well I don't see BRIGHT colors and DISTINCT patterns but it almost like I am looking at through a vail everything is blurry and dull BUT DEFFINITLY there! maybe this will increase as time goes on. I don't have the smell reaction thoโ€ฆ.but songs bring back feelings I felt while on dmt with those songs in the background....one of the very early trips (wasn't full breakthrough at that point more like I walked up to the breakthrough line but didn't cross) but I watched a video called "I am a soul" by nibana (actually I posted this video cause it made me feel so good) it made me feel incredibly powerfull while watching it on dmt I remember the thought "only god can make me and NOTHING can destroy me" now if that song comes on that feeling of like unlimited power deffinitly comes back happens with a few other songs as well.

I have done some reading and alot says that yes this stuff does make new connections in the brain. after a bunch of trips I have a thought that well our conscience brain is that ego but we all share the same subconscience and I think what this does is it builds a bridge between the 2...putting things back in ballence maybe...obviously that bridge is strongest when using dmt but I don't think that bridge will ever erode away completely once its there...

wet sand
#18 Posted : 8/10/2019 3:23:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
dragonrider wrote:

That's what I believe personally. This other place it always there, just beyond the range of our senses and consciousness, like a noise that we hear constantly and get so used to that we no longer hear it until all else is silenced or the sound is isolated and amplified through pharmacology. I think it is because of this, we tend to overlook the fact that serotonin is a tryptamine.

I'm taking a pure guess here but i think you could be right. After my first time smoking spice, i had a long beautiful trip, Then for at least 48 hours afterwards I'd experience wave sensations where i could feel the trip partly come on again.

Then after that for weeks whenever I'd close my eyes, I'd see visuals appear in the form of eyes peering at me, When I'd notice the eyes looking at me it's face would then appear ( the faces wouldfeel sentient because they'd change along with my thoughts and emotions, like entities in hyperspace trips I'd had ) . Along with faces I'd see flashes of floating visuals and patterns. It was all very wavey and vibrant and colourful.

I'd love going to sleep at night cos it would come on even stronger, I thought it was cool as hell and considered it as free trips since i was seeing what was clearly dmt esque visuals without smoking anything that day.

Eventually the faces got weaker and less apparent over time and has left me at the point i am now, Where i see transparent wavey patterns.

And regarding mediation, During the first few weeks or months after my first time smoking spice, I found mediating was enjoyable and would help bring on the faces and patterns more. at the moment though mediation doesn't bring back the eyes and faces and visual patterns i used to see. Well....i kind of still see dmt like patterns and stuff but it's way more transparent and nondescript now, But it's definitely still there whatever it is.

I can't say that i 100% know for sure that my mind is now permanently open to seeing things which are normally unseen, especially since the visuals have lessened, But it's an interesting way to look at it.

And if i look at a bright light and then close my eyes I'll see very colourful moving dmt like patterns. So something is definitely different.

If it caused head aches or something then I'd worry, But luckily so far it's just a weird side effect novelty.

wet sand
#19 Posted : 8/10/2019 3:32:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

breeze225 wrote:
reading this I am interested to see where it goes for me I am still new maybe 2 months with this and the first month was only twice and yes a lot when I close my eyes well I don't see BRIGHT colors and DISTINCT patterns but it almost like I am looking at through a vail everything is blurry and dull BUT DEFFINITLY there! maybe this will increase as time goes on. I don't have the smell reaction thoโ€ฆ.but songs bring back feelings I felt while on dmt with those songs in the background....one of the very early trips (wasn't full breakthrough at that point more like I walked up to the breakthrough line but didn't cross) but I watched a video called "I am a soul" by nibana (actually I posted this video cause it made me feel so good) it made me feel incredibly powerfull while watching it on dmt I remember the thought "only god can make me and NOTHING can destroy me" now if that song comes on that feeling of like unlimited power deffinitly comes back happens with a few other songs as well.

I have done some reading and alot says that yes this stuff does make new connections in the brain. after a bunch of trips I have a thought that well our conscience brain is that ego but we all share the same subconscience and I think what this does is it builds a bridge between the 2...putting things back in ballence maybe...obviously that bridge is strongest when using dmt but I don't think that bridge will ever erode away completely once its there...

" looking at through a vail everything is blurry and dull BUT DEFFINITLY there "

That's what it's like for me whenever i close my eyes now. It's wavey and foggy, It's wavey and multi leveled, But not colourful or distinct - But it has a strong dmt vibe to it.

And like i said earlier, If i look at a bright light even just in passing, Then when i close my eyes i see all the colours come back for about ten seconds and see these strange cube yet spherical shapes that have moving shapes within moving shapes

wet sand
#20 Posted : 8/10/2019 3:40:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Could someone let me know if it's possible for newer nexis members to post pics ?

I found a pic of something similar to the close eyed dmt esque colourful visuals i see as a side effect of bright lights. Just in case anyones curious.

If not then look up the album cover for an album called angles by a band called the strokes.

It's kind of like that, But more 3d and colourful with movement. - The patterns I'll see is both spherical yet blocky.

And thanks to everyone for helping me understand this phenomena more and for bringing hppd to my attention. it wasn't worrying me, But i do feel a bit better knowing that it's kind of common.

Happy travels.