We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Revolut - a new, better way of banking Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 8/7/2019 7:12:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya,

In the past few months, I've been using Revolut as my primary payment method. For those of you that are not familiar with Revolut, it's an alternative banking platform that functions exactly like a bank, but is not a bank and is instead a decentralized way of keeping your money safe and still be able to pay with a card in any store or website without worrying your data will get stolen.

Similar platforms include Skrill and Monese, but Revolut looks and functions the best out of all others IME.

Basically, the way it works is the following:
1 - You create a free account in Revolut (you can also get a free physical card with that, delivered to you for free!)
2 - You link your personal bank account that has all your money to your Revolut account
3 - You top-up your Revolut account through your main account with no fees or taxes (they send you a confirmational message with a code before you can do that, as well as require you to enter your main debit card's CVV number, which adds a double layer of security)
4 - You digitally convert between 29 different currencies on the interbank exchange rate, but absolutely free (this is ideal for people who travel a lot and are sick of having to exchange money and pay their bank big fees for doing so)
5 - You can create your custom budgeting plans and track your spending in enormous detail, helping you with saving money if that's a problem for you
6 - You can super easily exchange and buy/sell crytocurrency (the currently supported ones are BCH, BTC, ETH, LTC, and XRP)
7 - You can add lounge pass for over 1000 airports worldwide, as well as request a dedicated concierge
8 - You can set up device and overseas medical insurances
...and others

Basically, it's a fantastically functioning all-in-one financing app. You can have virtual debit cards that are disposable. This means if you want to buy something from a very dodgy site that you don't want to have any data in, you create this virtual card, top it up with however much money you need, use it for an online payment, and once that's confirmed the card gets destroyed and all your data doesn't exist anymore. Super handy IMO.

There is also no tax for ATM withdrawals, but there's a limit (200GBP for the free card, 400 and above for a tier 1 subscription, etc). There are several levels of paid subscriptions if you need higher withdrawal limits and such, but most of the cool stuff is available in the free sub.

I rarely promote anything, but I've been super happy with Revolut so far. Just to be absolutely sure, I blocked my old bank debit card (which has been used to pay stuff in many, many websites) and requested a new one, which I keep safe and it has a single purpose - to top-up my Revolut card - it's not registered or used anywhere else, which guarantees my credentials are safe.

From within the app (which is honestly one of the best-made apps I've ever seen), you can do all kinds of stuff with your physical card. You can freeze it, block it, disable the magnetic strip, disable online payments, disable ATM withdrawals and all kinds of other stuff, and it all happens within 3 seconds of you pressing the button - it's THAT quick.

Where Revolut shines the most is when you have your friends using it as well. It literally takes two clicks to send any amount of money to a friend of yours that uses the app, and they get the money moments after. It just beats any other way by convenience and speed.

Take a look at their website, and if you're interested in creating an account, you can use my referral link and for everyone that completes their account setup we both get 10 euro free. Smile

Cheers, and be well! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.