We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting mostly NMT from this batch of MHRB..? Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 8/3/2019 12:39:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone ever gotten just tons of NMT out of mimosa? This is the first time I'm seeing this. It's the same vendor I always use, and I don't think I'm doing much different, just an STB. The weird thing is some (I'm talking like 10% or less) of the NMT actually kinda looks like DMT in the crystal structure, but I also know that NMT is way more "powerful" (I'm thinking in terms of receptor binding affinity but I couldn't find any actual data on that from a quick google scholar search) than DMT, at least for me and I think most people will say that NMT blocks DMT and that's why they prefer to extract pure DMT (if they are trying to get DMT effects) from Mimosa rather than Acacia which is known to contain lots of NMT.

If you're wondering how I KNOW the difference between NMT and DMT, ok well aside from the obvious subjective effects (NMT by itself is just hypnotic & meditative to me unless I take a lot or use harmalas), NMT and DMT vape at different temperatures when dissolved in DMSO. They also taste totally different when vaping. I find myself literally making this disgusted face when I vape DMT, like bleh, bleh! NMT on the other hand not only vapes smoother but tastes way better.

My conclusion is basically that there is some variable on the farm which is causing this all of the sudden. It's just strange because it's the same farm I source from for years now, so I really can't imagine what's going on. The vendor also was perplexed by this. He's never heard of this either until now (and altho of course he does not guarantee what his bark contains, his business might go under if suddenly all his bark is containing NMT instead of DMT which people are expecting).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Intezam
#2 Posted : 8/5/2019 5:32:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could it be that the vendor accidently mixed up ACRB with MHRB? Why dont you use ACRB? (Some) ppl here use MHRB to avoid the extra NMT....
...we think

moyshekapoyre
#3 Posted : 8/8/2019 2:54:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

No, ACRB is brown, MHRB is pink. I can easily tell the difference. I am thinking that some environmental factor is at play in the alkaloid content of this batch of MHRB. I tried from a different batch and did not get NMT. But yes, I use MHRB when I want just the DMT. So, this was unexpected. I have a really pretty picture of the NMT if anyone wants to see it.

DreadedShaman
#4 Posted : 8/9/2019 12:05:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

moyshekapoyre wrote:
No, ACRB is brown, MHRB is pink. I can easily tell the difference. I am thinking that some environmental factor is at play in the alkaloid content of this batch of MHRB. I tried from a different batch and did not get NMT. But yes, I use MHRB when I want just the DMT. So, this was unexpected. I have a really pretty picture of the NMT if anyone wants to see it.

ACRB that I've had before has always been on the red/orange side of things... Not something I would describe as brown.

I'll be glad to look at pictures tho Very happy

Also shouldn't we mind talking about vendors?

moyshekapoyre
#5 Posted : 8/9/2019 1:19:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

We are not allowed to talk about vendors? I just assume we aren't so I don't. Anyway probably nobody here knows the mimosa vendor I use because he only has a few USA customers I think. But his bark has been excellent for years so all of the sudden it's just really weird. I'm taking it as a good thing, but still weird.

I would like to know where you get red-orange ACRB tho. Mine is from Hawai'i. Ecological, if you know what i Mean.... and very Enterprising.

moyshekapoyre
#6 Posted : 8/9/2019 6:48:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I did TLC on this "NMT" and it like it is mostly DMT from the fact that I got this larger spot. It matches what Endlessness told someone else about NMT/DMT on TLC. So basically, the bark seems to have more NMT than usual, but still mostly DMT, but the NMT is so overpowering that I feel zero DMT effects.

Note the reagent used was Marquis (because it seemed to me that reagent could possibly distinguish DMT from NMT, but I guess not?). Before putting that on, the spots glowed under UV like that other guy's TLC sheet that had NMT & DMT. Ignore that one spot on the top right, that was just me dropping some testing liquid on there by accident.
moyshekapoyre attached the following image(s):
nmt on marquis.jpg (3,338kb) downloaded 142 time(s).