We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dreams/reality...? Anyone else? Options

atomu235
#1 Posted : 8/2/2019 10:50:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. I have a bit of an odd question (I know, funny choice of words for DMT Nexus) ;-)

Several months back I had a strange kind of dream-like experience. Let me describe it shortly. I'll try to be as accurate and concise as I can.

I woke up in the middle of the night. Based by the hour I assume it was during REM phase.

As I sat on my bed my whole bedroom was filled with colors, shapes, everything was vibrating. When I looked at my hands they looked as if they were made of pure, white light. I was just sitting there for a moment in pure amazement. I have never had such an experience in my life.

It all lasted 5-10 seconds tops. After these few seconds everything went back to normal in a blink of an eye. My bedroom was dark again. I actually had to pinch myself to make sure I am awake. 100% awake.

The visuals were not anything like DMT, Mushrooms or LSD. They were in a class of their own. Potency wise it was kind of 'like' DMT but extremely short and I had full control of my body. I was in my body.

After that I went to the bathroom and could not stop thinking about what just happened. It took me around 30 mins to fall back asleep.

From the dream I had before the experience I only remember that it was very vivid and of no personal nature. It was not about myself. No clue what/who it was about though...

I do meditate twice a week or so. I also do go on trips every now and then. When I hear the 'calling' for lack of a better work. I know it may sound absurd but...

Weeks or even months (?) before this experience I did not trip. Only meditation. What I can visualize during meditation does not even come close though...

Onto my question then - has anyone ever experience something similar?

Could you please direct me toward some scientific papers that may be on a subject of this nature? No hokus pokus websites please :-P I'm looking for something concrete.

I read a bit about lucid dreaming, REM waking, dream paralysis, hypnotic states etc but none of those seem to fit my description well.

Thanks in advance for any tips! :-)
Be inquisitive and always question things...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Intezam
#2 Posted : 8/3/2019 4:39:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

aho, could it have been a false awakening, like you did not really really wake up, but you dreamt you woke up, sat there, looked at the walls, at your hands....and then went to the bathroom...and then back to bed?

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 8/3/2019 12:42:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, i have often experienced simmilar phenomena. Sometimes it seems that the brain continues to go in "dreaming modus" while you, or maybe another part of your brain, is already awake. It usually does not last for more than a minute, and the degree of wakefullness is usually 50% or less.

But yeah, for instance:.. i often dream of a dog i had, as a kid. And then, when i'm half awake in the morning, i remember i have to give him his food or that i have to take him for a walk.....and then the dog is their, waiting.

And then i have to remind myself that the dog isn't real. If i don't do that, then the result will be that i fall asleep again and go walk with him, or feed him...in my dreams.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 8/3/2019 4:26:04 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Yes happened to me. I once woke up and my ceiling was full of golden chinese characters. It was more than gold, it was made of light. Lasted 5-10 seconds.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

WarpedDimension
#5 Posted : 8/3/2019 5:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe you received super powers?! Have you tried shooting lasers from your fingertips or lifting something very heavy with your new super hands?

Razz

Seriously though, I think the mind fills in the blanks for us often. It predicts and creates. Our subconscious mind can create things that we cannot imagine with our conscious mind. You conscious mind and subconscious mind were melded together for a very brief period of time after you woke perhaps? The conscious mind did not come in with it's labeling and structure. Maybe this is the way reality really is? Maybe you tapped into that for an instant?

Sounds like a cool experience even if you can't shoot lasers from your fingertips!
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

atomu235
#6 Posted : 8/5/2019 10:48:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam wrote:
aho, could it have been a false awakening...

No, definitely awake. I'm the type that can wake up in the middle of the night and do math and this 'strange' experience happened only once.

dragonrider wrote:
Yes, i have often experienced simmilar phenomena...

FranLover wrote:
Yes happened to me...

It happens then. I’d like to know what this is called though. I struggle to find anything. It happens so seldom that I doubt anyone studied this. If yes – then links highly appreciated :-)

YouAreWeAmI wrote:
Maybe you received super powers?! Have you tried shooting lasers from your fingertips or lifting something very heavy with your new super hands?

I wish! Telekinesis would be awesome. Only had a few seconds though so wouldn’t be able to scorch my bedroom with lasers in time ;-)

YouAreWeAmI wrote:
Maybe this is the way reality really is? Maybe you tapped into that for an instant?

That's an interesting way to think about it. Reality is for sure way beyond our usual senses and I doubt anyone will even be able to fully comprehend it. That just makes it even better... :-)

I only wish there was a way to induce such an experience. Not a clue how though...

#7 Posted : 8/6/2019 4:32:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I've had dreams to where I'd just puffed a nice bowl of cannabis, wake up in my bed (early morning), and for about 8-10 seconds the full taste/effects seemed to carry over, having the taste fully in my mouth, without question as I sat there staring at my ceiling shortly before getting up to get some water, use the bathroom, and go back to sleep for a couple hours.

I've also has this in numerous dreams with particular smells/tastes, like the one time I was walking down this busy relatively desolate street in this upscale posh town, walking with this woman, dressed up, her close to me, her perfume, the taste of her lips. And whatever the trigger ended up being for me to awake - I'd come to, lying there in bed, having that smell within nose range, having that taste on my mouth.

So what's that say about our everyday consensus reality of the waking state? What's that say about 'dreams'? What's that say about our everyday sensory apparatus that allow us to construct the everyday reality around us?

It's very interesting.

I've also woke up numerous time from an intensely vivid dream, half in, half out, with the entire room awash in small, concentric, undulating patterns, continually feeding into oneanother, changing, morphing, while not that strong - it was obvious that as I lied there everything around me was in this quasi dream, tryptamineish, dissolvable state, very detached, peaceful.

twitchy
#8 Posted : 8/6/2019 7:44:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Came across this the other evening, thought it would be a great addition to the thread...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC5786560/

I've just about convinced myself over the years that serotonin and melatonin are potent psychedelic indoles and that consciousness itself is something akin to a psychedelic experience that we have overlooked simply due to our chemically biased point of reference. I read something a while back that also suggested that melatonin might be converted to DMT in the lungs(?) during REM sleep due to a hyper-oxygenated state causing alkalosis... wish I remembered more of it as this isn't my area and it's difficult to relay but dreaming sure seems tryptamine-ish.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Icyseeker
#9 Posted : 8/7/2019 2:38:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had very similar experiences. Right down to the time it lasts. It seems as soon as conscious attention is given to it, that it retreats. Haven't had much luck getting to any such state during waking state so I think it has something to do with dreams. Anyways I've learned to enjoy it for the brief time it shows up.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

atomu235
#10 Posted : 8/12/2019 6:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
Came across this the other evening, thought it would be a great addition to the thread...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC5786560/

Thanks for the link and input. Definitely interesting.

KannaRas wrote:

Haven't ya red the post ?
arr where is it ?
must be in the part of the nexus you can enter while sleeping

This is part of the new communication channels weve been experimenting with...

...any ways was it a good exprience ?

You have a peculiar thought pattern for sure ;-)

Yes, it was. It imprinted itself really well in my memory. I tend to remember it almost every day. If only for a moment.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 8/17/2019 8:23:55 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Something very similar happened to me as a kid, prior to any drug use or even knowledge about psychoactive drugs.

I was asleep in a room fitted with thick curtains, such that the room was completely dark, even when one's eyes became accustomed to it. So, as with the OP, I awoke in the middle of the night. I know that I really was awake because I know what that feels like and I knew this at the time as well. Anyhow, all the objects in the room were illuminated from within with a kind of golden green light. This lasted for what I would estimate to have been a couple of minutes and then faded away to darkness following a slight orange after-image. I thought this was a little strange but I was not afraid and just laid back down and went to sleep.

This was a one-off incident for this type of phenomenon in my life so far; another thing that makes it unusual is that I was sleeping in our living room rather than my bedroom for that one night because we had a visitor who was accommodated in my bedroom. So maybe this phenomenon happens more often in the living room but nobody is there to see it Big grin

My parents' house is slightly radioactive (granite)...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli