We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Taste of Chacruna Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 7/27/2019 8:00:30 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

I drank chacruna yesterday and...😖🤢 it tastes exactly like a mouthful of ocean water, but with an extra taste to it. So does chacruna have salt in it or something? :/ even as reduced as it was I couldnt down enough to get visions.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

twitchy
#2 Posted : 7/27/2019 9:31:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The viridis that most vendors offer seems to have a greyish funky color to it and isn't worth fooling with, at least in my experience. I don't know if it's something wrong with harvesting or storage methods, or if perhaps they wash it or treat it for export but I've yet to come across anything really worth what they get for it. However I've read many times that the hawaiian sourced chacruna is supposed to be orders of magnitude more potent. It's a fairly easy plant to cultivate though if you have some skill with plants, just be careful to insure you are getting the right species as alot of folks apparently offer carthagenensis or alba as viridis. If you go that route there's some tricks up the potency. Thumbs up
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

tregar
#3 Posted : 7/31/2019 2:14:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck Franlover.

Agree with what twitchy had read, the Hawaiian chacruna (no matter where it is from) is always super dream, 30 to 35g is moderately strong territory, have dreamed over 56 times, never had any South American leaf work beyond a scale of 1 on a potency scale from 1 to 5 however, and even then requires twice as much. Taste is bitter if it is strong, like most other plants, and the taste is quite bad, hard to explain. Be careful, sometimes (1 time out of 10 or so) only 20g of hawaiian leaf will be as strong as 35g. 35g can easily be a 4 or 5 on a scale from 1 to 5 dream strength. I'm talking all the walls full of honeycomb visuals, a buzzing frequency that comes on strong and persistent, a feeling of taking off like Dennis Mckenna used to say on a full strength elevator to the top floor, this strength can easily last some 90 minutes before it goes down a few notches, so be careful. Like handling a high speed sports car for 90 minutes.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 7/31/2019 7:05:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hawaian is better indeed. Most of the chacruna is from peru, and it is just very weak. But it IS active.

It is hard to give an advice on how much is needed, normally, because it does vary a lot. With some batches of chacruna you can easily put 80 grams in a brew, while good hawaian chacruna is active at even 25 grams.

First question would be: was it the caapi or the chacruna that failed, or both? If you had enough caapi, then you should have had at least SOME effects, if you took anything over 40 grams of chacruna. If you had no effects at all, then it makes sense to look at how much caapi you took first, and try to up the dose the next time.

Normally, a starters dose is somewhere around 50 grams of both caapi and chacruna. If you feel nothing, then a little more caapi may do the trick. As little as 10% extra may make all the difference then.
If you feel some effects, but it's just very weak, then at least the caapi worked. If 50 grams of chacruna gave very weak effects, then you can just try to take 20 or 30% more next time.

40 to 50 grams is a good standard to start with, because on the one hand it will still be manageable if the chacruna is realy potent, and on the other hand it will still give you some effects if the chacruna is realy weak.

Jagube
#5 Posted : 7/31/2019 8:30:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With my last batch, 15g Hawaiian was WAY too much. I couldn't see the consensus reality in front of me.

As for the taste, I've had salty Hawaiian leaf and non-salty. The last one is not particularly salty, but it's thick and oily.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 7/31/2019 10:25:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
With my last batch, 15g Hawaiian was WAY too much. I couldn't see the consensus reality in front of me.

As for the taste, I've had salty Hawaiian leaf and non-salty. The last one is not particularly salty, but it's thick and oily.

Yes, hawaian is definately a lot stronger.
But for all the non-hawaian chacruna i would say that if you have a batch of unknown strength, 40 to 50 grams is a good standard to begin with. That is usually on the weak side, even.

FranLover
#7 Posted : 8/1/2019 12:59:39 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

thanks for the replys everyone =)

Dragonrider I was drinking from a cup of 50g probably peruvian and didnt drink more than three sips, so probably drank 10g and the chacruna failed. It was so undrinkable >_< I will try again though.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

VibeSurfer
#8 Posted : 8/1/2019 1:46:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chacruna potency is highly variable. I’ve read here on the nexus that it can be .1 - 1% DMT. Ive heard that the age of the leaves matters a lot as well, but I haven’t looked too much into that assertion. Maybe older leaves are less potent and taste worse.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo