We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New here - about me Options

jayeiriss
#1 Posted : 7/24/2019 2:47:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello All,

I am an avid cactus enthusiast. I also have experience across a range of entheogens throughout my life. As of late I have been becoming more intimately involved with cactus as medicine, mostly at lower doses-microdoses, although I have had full blown experiences with cactus. Over the past few months I have been finding a lot of my questions being typed into google, ultimately to be lead her for the answers. It was then that I decided it might make sense to become a member here and get aquatinted with like minded people.

A special shoutout goes to 69ron who almost singlehandedly answered most my questions regarding cactus in some of his posts. Not only that but thank you for also opening my mind to other possibilities in regards to cactus.

Ayahuasca and DMT were not really on the mind, but maybe after some more exploring a day will come when I am ready.

Thanks again!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

waitfornever
#2 Posted : 7/25/2019 1:32:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to Nexus! I laughed when you said many times you looked for an answer and it led you here. I had the same experience.

Please feel free to share your knowledge of cactus. What is your preferred method of ingestion?
Insanity is past, present, and future pain. 
Past pain never dies, otherwise it would not be pain. 
Life is present pain. 
All unknown and feared is future pain. 
Is the absence of pain happiness? 
And if constant pain leads to insanity; Can constant insanity destroy the pain?

jayeiriss
#3 Posted : 7/25/2019 4:18:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey waitfornever,

As far as being redirected to Nexus, that was the case 9/10 times. haha.

I have been playing around with Peruvian Torch exclusively as it has less additional alkaloids than the other mescaline containing cactus. The flesh is dried and ground up into a sort of flour, it is mixed with a small amount of water, just enough to make little cactus balls to swallow. That or just capped and ate. Since dosages is kept to around 3.5-7 grams this method seems efficient. This is done every 4 days on average.

At these lower doses, with or without any synergistics, things are: crisper, seem more 3-d, waves and flowing noticed in peripherals, shimmering, and cusp of things wanting to breath, music enhancement is great, body high is wonderful but not overpowering unless B. Cappi added (yet to try with Syrian Rue), heightened state of awareness and connectivity with everything around, enhanced insight, creativity enhanced, increased empathy, the list goes on....At these lower doses, don't necessarily want too much expansion, will save that for when a full day can be devoted to a higher dose.

Mixing with 75mg TTH and 75mg Harmine with 7g cactus:
Greatly enhances the body load and body high. I would say it also breaks down more walls offering much more mind expansion, but clarity is still there. The addition of B Cappi at these doses does seem to cause a body high where one can't get much done but lay down and throw on some music. B. Cappi is a great addition but does alter the experience more than anything else mentioned. Exploration with lower does of TTH and Harmine need to be explored.

5 Datura stramonium seeds with 7g Peruvian Torch flesh:
3 seeds chewed 20 minutes before taking cactus. Then another 2 seeds 4 hours later. Did seem to help with nausea, but can't say I noticed much in the way of visual enhancement that 69ron had mentioned. Cactus isn't very visual at this dosage range anyways.

As many have noted, the addition of caffeine and/or coca leaf in its natural state is enjoyable with Cactus too.

MachienDome
#4 Posted : 7/25/2019 11:40:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! The Nexus has all types of great info and very knowledgeable members.

We should talk cacti sometime!
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

waitfornever
#5 Posted : 7/26/2019 12:21:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for what you shared, I am grateful. I am new to cactus, forgive my ignorance and questions.

I was unaware of Peruvian Torch having less additional akaloids. Are these additional akaloids all considered unwanted for your uses or in general unwanted? Also, if/when you take higher doses do you still consume your cactus with the same method? Any personal thoughts/experiences with ethanol cactus "extraction"? I am currently working on my 2nd true cactus experience and am quite eager.

Nothing like coca leaf, it goes so well with so many different plants.........mmmmmm

Be easy
Insanity is past, present, and future pain. 
Past pain never dies, otherwise it would not be pain. 
Life is present pain. 
All unknown and feared is future pain. 
Is the absence of pain happiness? 
And if constant pain leads to insanity; Can constant insanity destroy the pain?