We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca alkaloid extraction? Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 7/23/2019 7:27:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi psychonaouts Smile
i have a brew that unfourtunly been fermenent in the fridge in vacuum sealed bottle after about 6 months...
so since its not deserve for consuming, the only option that left is to extract it Smile

how would a nexian will extract both harmalas and dmt's from the brew?
available solvents: dcm(with no distillation to work with unfortuntly),naptha, mek, ipa and i can buy hexan etc but prefer to work with what i have.
acids: fumaric, hcl, vinegar
bases: most of the common usable bases around 5 types.
and nacl of course.
vacuum filter, sep funnel, pipets..
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 7/24/2019 6:38:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

For me the Harmalas never dissolved in Naphtha and I think they are indeed insoluble. They may be soluble in MEK and in IPA, but they also mix with water. Therefore they cannot be used for a liquid-liquid extraction and I guess that is what you definetly need to do at a certain step.

So therefore the only way would be by simply freebase your stuff to pH ~ 10 + and then extract with DCM. As you cannot use distillation to remove a solvent DCM is still your friend as it evaporates rather quickly. But the last bits may take a long while to fully evaporate without any additional low heat like 40 °C.

But I think you may also pull A LOOOOT of stuff from the plants that are normally no worries, as you eat/drink the brew altogether. But when you now want to come to a nice extract this will make live complicated ... I guess with just a regular alkaline extraction you will end up with a black sludge, also filled with inactive plant components and chlorophyll and stuff ...

Because of this wild mixture and being an oil it would just be suitable to be used as a beverage again, smoking would be nasty Confused

The nausea inducing components are also very likely be extracted, but I guess you can handle that if you would have drunk it anyway Laughing

Then again you could use fumaric acid. But as alkaloids are named based on their property to contain 1 or more amines that could potentially react as a base, all the bad guys are likely to be dropped by making the FASA method, so it also would not separate it from the goodies. Confused

There could just be the problem that as it will very likely be an oil filled with X different components it may degrade rather fast compared to the shelf live of solid crystals. And also if there are fermented products of fungi and/or bacteria they are also likely to move into the DCM rather than staying in your brew Sad

Fractalus
#3 Posted : 7/25/2019 3:23:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser Thank you for your respected replay, its open ways of tought in my mind.

how's this sound: take the brew, filter it, then base, then the harmalas should settle and the water should contain dmt, take the water and extract like any mimoza/acrb and do lots of re-x.
take the settled harmalas and do lots of re-x salts manshke or gibran2 cappi extract

what you say about this? i think all the re-x and acid-base should give prety clear alkaloid
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.