We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Justicia pectoralis Admixture Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 7/23/2019 7:01:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justicia_pectoralis
Justicia pectoralis
As regards other applications, it is noted for its pleasant smell and as a source of coumarin, which it produces in plenty, and which in combination with umbelliferone is responsible for many of its notable properties. It is also admixed to epená (Virola) snuff to make it smell more pleasant. In particular var. stenophylla might also be hallucinogenic in certain preparations; it is known to wajacas (shamans) of the Craós (Krahós, KrahôPleased tribe in Brazil, who know that variety as mashi-hiri and consider it a potent entheogen, not to be taken by the uninitiated.[3][4] The wajacas (shamans) refer to the leaves of the Justicia pectoralis var. stenophylla as bolek-bena meaning "Leaves of the Angel of Death." Its name likely comes from the fact it has killed three curanderos.[5]

I've been growing this for a couple of years, and the one I have is the varietal known as stenophylla. I keep seeing references to the 'three curanderos' it has allegedly caused the death of, but I can't seem to find out what makes this plant so dangerous and was hoping maybe one of the learned here could provide some insight. Is this dangerous only when used as an admixture of snuffs or is it also dangerous in the oral ROA when brewed? I've seen conflicting information on it's tryptamine content, and the most recent information seems to point to it being a dead end as far as DMT, but traditionally it is said to be very powerful as an admixture for the very experienced only, but what does this really imply? I'm familiar with the dangers of coumarin, but I can't imagine that is the psychoactives that are frequently reported though.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

twitchy
#2 Posted : 7/23/2019 7:25:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.sciencedirec...le/pii/S0102695X1730385X
Shocked
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

TexasTrichocereus
#3 Posted : 7/23/2019 6:03:20 PM

Stay humble don’t stumble

I’ve been growing Justicia pectoralis for a few years myself as well. No idea off the top of my head if it’s stenophylla or not. How do you tell?
Have not tried it either. Maybe someday.

twitchy
#4 Posted : 7/23/2019 7:50:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TexasTrichocereus wrote:
I’ve been growing Justicia pectoralis for a few years myself as well. No idea off the top of my head if it’s stenophylla or not. How do you tell?
Have not tried it either. Maybe someday.

Just a shot in the dark from looking at various images and based on the name, but I think that stenophylla has narrower foliage. I've never seen another variety though so I don't have any basis for comparison.
[quote]
https://medical-dictiona...reedictionary.com/steno-
steno- prefix meaning "short, contracted, or narrow":
[quote]

I repotted mine into a large container and it's growth rate is amazing, would bet if it was planted near a water source in an appropriate zone it would be invasive as hell.

TexasTrichocereus
#5 Posted : 7/23/2019 8:58:51 PM

Stay humble don’t stumble

Definitely can be invasive if you allow it to be. I’m going to put mine in the ground soon and let it take over a back corner where it can spread.
It’s very easy to clone too.

I might allergy test it soon

twitchy
#6 Posted : 7/25/2019 9:14:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it seems to want to root wherever it hits the dirt. I really enjoy the cinnamon taste of it and I snatch a leaf off and chew it everytime I walk by mine. I've been digging into it and I still can't find much on it as an admixture though it appears commonly in all the usual literature.