We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Physical pain during come up. Options

Loverofallthings
#1 Posted : 7/21/2019 4:42:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, happy summer.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences:

Occasionally, I experience physical pain when vaporizing spice. Usually this pain seems to be directly related to fresh sunburn. I farm for a living and spring time is the worst. The pain is a tingling burning sensation on the surface of my skin only where the sunburn is. This only seems to happen with fresh sun damage.... occasionally in the mid summer I will work without a hat and get a fresh burn on the top of my head but my shoulders are not freshly burned. In this case, the pain is centered on the crown of my head. This experience of an injury being accentuated during the come up makes sense to me. It’s somewhat explainable.

Last night I had a particularly wonderful and confounding experience but during the come up I experienced a very significant headache. Pressure from the temples and forehead(?) causing pain and discomfort. As I settled it, the headache dissipated.

My question: anyone else experience physical pain during the come up that appears to be existing in consensus reality?

Anyone have any insight?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

LongTimeWaiting
#2 Posted : 7/22/2019 3:08:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, I'm not completely sure why that is happening. Maybe the pain is more pronounced under the influence because you become more aware of your body? I've had issues when combing weed, coffee, and DMT. I could always feel my blood flowing through my body but it felt like my veins were slightly blocked, and it caused some sort of pressure build-up. It was bearable but I could do without it.

FranLover
#3 Posted : 7/22/2019 5:23:52 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Of course! As you said, hyperspace "headaches" can be common, with emphasis on the third eye and the sense that there is preassure at your temples. Oversaturation as well, the sense that the brain is charged and that it is in constant electrical activity can be at times a little bothering

"This experience of an injury being accentuated during the come up makes sense to me. It’s somewhat explainable."

Theres a lot of that too. I generally feel it heals my muscles, particularly when dmt makes me vibrate and leave my body, or when it sends waves of sensations or sensationless down my veins and body.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 7/22/2019 8:23:00 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I can feel every cell of my body when I’m in the right space on dmt. I got a nauseous feeling once and decided to let it free, and I could feel my stomachs every move as it pushed it up and out. I even “felt” around my stomach with my mind to force anything that was left in there out. And another time I got a good sunburn while camping and I could feel my skin cells being stretched and irritated where the burn was every time I moved. I agree with the hyper awareness of your body while on dmt.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Loverofallthings
#5 Posted : 7/23/2019 2:29:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus: Very interesting anecdote about feeling around your stomach with your mind. The sunburn effect is really only present during the come up for me. It is a painful tingling. The hyper awareness of my body, in general, is less pronounced with vaporized DMT than with other psychedelics. Mushrooms especially.

Fran: It's interesting that you mention thie hyperspace headaches as being common. This is only the second time I have experienced one. It came out of nowhere and seems to have no real explanation. (lack of explanation is almost fitting, isn't it? And I agree with you that the experience for me often ends with such a deeply relaxing trance that muscle aches are frequently resolved as a result of the experience.

LongTimeWaiting: The "sunburn effect" seems like a totally reasonable thing to me. I go from not bothered or aware of any damage to actual considerable pain on the come up. It dissipates quickly. The funny thing is that other pains: be sting, foot cramps, cut finger etc are not enhanced. But sunburn pain is ALWAYS enhanced.

<3