We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Desmodium viridiflorum (TLC spot @ DMT Rf) Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 7/17/2019 7:18:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent, thanks for sharing!

Did you try any reagent on top of that to further confirm the identity?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 7/20/2019 12:55:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey!

WOuld you mind sharing which species you have extracted before and what where the results, even if negative?

I highly suggest you get some ehrlich reagent at least since it will tell you if there are indole-based substances, gives a great idea on what the content might be, specially togehter with TLC.

When you say you're not ending with anything recoverable, not even a goo? Sometimes goo is misleadingly heavy, seems like little but its plenty.. Also maybe 10g plant material might just not be enough for a decent yield.

Either way thanks a lot for sharing the info and making this research!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 7/26/2019 9:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent work, friend! The ehrlich+tlc result is definitely encouraging!

Quote:
A little personal side note:
Over a decade ago on the eDot forums, a handful of us non-chemists were hungry for a “field test” for untested plant alkaloids. And this is why: Easy TLC and Reagent tests have indicated a new species of interest that grows wild well outside of the tropics. And I think that’s pretty cool.

That is exactly why I started working on the TLC kits in the first place, because I also thought about how much it would have been useful in my past, and when I came across the technique, I visualized just how much it could perfectly serve people like you and I. It's really a dream come true for me that we were able to make this idea a reality and that people like you are now testing novel plants and helping spread the knowledge! Thank you!