We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
pH Levels Options

Kartikay
#1 Posted : 1/5/2010 6:48:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm using Vovin's Unabridged Tek. To get the water to pH level of 4, I am supposed to use Hydrochloric Acid. I am in the process of buying supplies and there are a number of potency levels of hydrochloric acid. My question is what % level of hydrochloric acid do I need in order to successfully adjust the pH level of distilled water to 4?

Commonly sold levels seem to be at 10% and 36-38%.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kartikay
#2 Posted : 1/5/2010 6:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually I may have just found my answer. Wiki says that 10% HCl has a pH of -.5 and 36-38% have a pH of -1.1

So i guess both work, its just a matter of how much I have to add.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

WSaged
#3 Posted : 1/5/2010 7:01:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Muratic I use say's "31.4% HCL".

Either would work, but you'll need to add more of the less "potent" one...meaning more other crap in there too, as in the other 60+% of stuff in there.

You'll want to get yourself an eye dropper or two as well, since it only takes 4-6 drops (not droppersful...drops!) to take around 800ml of distilled water from pH 7-ish down to pH 2.5!!

A little goes a long way...

Good luck!
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phaedris
#4 Posted : 1/6/2010 1:27:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

and some pH paper or tester as well.

peace
Phaedris