We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jonathan Ott's 'Pharmacotheon' Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 7/12/2019 9:01:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Still learning the rules here at the nexus, so if there's an issue with this post, please do what's needed. Otherwise, here's a free copy of Jonathan Ott's 'Pharmacotheon'.

https://anthrome.files.w...010/06/pharmacotheon.pdf

Thumbs up
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TexasTrichocereus
#2 Posted : 7/12/2019 3:44:29 PM

Stay humble don’t stumble

It’s a good book.
I was looking for a hardback copy for years and finally found one.
This one on Internet is great though.

GLTASN
#3 Posted : 7/12/2019 4:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol, I have a first edition thats supposed to arrive any day now, damn media mail didnt have tracking. I think with this new wave in psychedelic therapy approaching that these hard cover first editions are going to go up in value real quick. Less than 1000 avail.

Thanks for posting, others for sure are not, old school, like me.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

pinkoyd
#4 Posted : 7/14/2019 4:10:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I'm dating myself here, but I have a copy of the slipcased, numbered and signed first edition. It's on the top shelf of my top shelf. Very happy

If I recall, only 300 copies exist.

And thanks for the link!
I already asked Alice.

TexasTrichocereus
#5 Posted : 7/14/2019 5:21:06 PM

Stay humble don’t stumble

Niceeee
I love me some books.

twitchy
#6 Posted : 7/15/2019 6:22:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem guys, glad to post the link.
I've had plenty of my books in my time, the only first editions were "Sand and Foam" by Kahil Gibran, and "The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah" by Richard Bach. I used to try to collect first editions and rare books, but that's not a terribly fruitful hobby for one of meager means. Sadly, most of my books have now been loaned or lost through the years and it tickles me to see the internet becoming such a wealth of .pdf's Big grin
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

pinkoyd
#7 Posted : 7/18/2019 6:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

In order to get Pharmacotheon published Ott essentially crowdfunded it before there really was such a thing. If you were in the loose network that was the psychedelic community at the time, you could pre-pay for a subscriptiion, basically, to get a copy of the first edition to come out. Everybody who did that got their name in the back of the book in a list of donors. A certain somebody I know has their name in there. Rolling eyes

I even kept all the correspondence from Jonathan Ott updating donors on the progress of the book, including difficulties he had with the maker of the slipcovers and such. Ancient history at this point but reading that stuff brings back the excitement and anticipation of waiting for the book to come out. I knew someone close to Ott and we knew it was going to be an awesome book.

Didn't know it was going to be a landmark though!

I was indeed blown away once I got my copy. Love
I already asked Alice.

twitchy
#8 Posted : 7/18/2019 7:29:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pinkoyd wrote:
In order to get Pharmacotheon published Ott essentially crowdfunded it before there really was such a thing. If you were in the loose network that was the psychedelic community at the time, you could pre-pay for a subscriptiion, basically, to get a copy of the first edition to come out. Everybody who did that got their name in the back of the book in a list of donors. A certain somebody I know has their name in there. Rolling eyes

I even kept all the corresponce from Jonathan Ott updating donors on the progress of the book, including difficulties he had with the maker of the slipcovers and such. Ancient history at this point but reading that stuff brings back the excitement and anticipation of waiting for the book to come out. I knew someone close to Ott and we knew it was going to be an awesome book.

Didn't know it was going to be a landmark though!

I was indeed blown away once I got my copy. Love

What an awesome story, thanks for sharing it! Thumbs up

GLTASN
#9 Posted : 7/19/2019 2:11:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like both my first eds. came in on the same day. Just a little light reading...
GLTASN attached the following image(s):
20190717_154131.jpg (5,276kb) downloaded 40 time(s).
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."