We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Two questions about mimosa Options

Morphing Interstices
#1 Posted : 1/4/2010 9:54:52 AM

What is real anyway?

I wondering if anyone can answer either of the following questions? I am keen to source my own mimosa root bark from the lands that have nurtured my body in life, giving thanks to each tree and harvesting the bark with love and respect to the trees from which i take the bark rather than purchasing from sources overseas and without knowledge of how the bark was harvested. So...

1. Firstly does anyone have experience extracting from mimosa obtusifolia rather than hostilis? If so, do the same tek procedures apply and is the potency equivalent? I know from personal contacts that attempts to extract from acacia maideni have often produced low potency base and the bark has been a bit of a nightmare to pulverise due to the hardness of the bark of maideni. Is that also true of obtusifolia? Please refrain from answering if you actually have not tried this as there is already so much misinformation about this issue on the internet due to rumour rather than first hand reportage.

2. Also, does anyone have knowledge of techniques for removing the root bark without damaging the plants from which one takes it? I was planning to dig a little around the roots of strong established bushes and to take small amounts from several rather than lots from one. But if there are any other techniques for minimising damage then i would be keen to hear.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Morphing Interstices
#2 Posted : 1/4/2010 10:52:05 PM

What is real anyway?

For anyone who opens this thread, I did after much searching manage to locate a tek using obtusifolia on erowid.
http://www.erowid.org/ge.../submis.../LexTek_v1.pdf
It does report not getting a very strong freebase possibly due to the plants being too young. Any thoughts or other experiences would still be much appreciated.