We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT - The Spirit Molecule Movie Options

gigaschatten
#1 Posted : 1/1/2010 7:33:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't know if that has been posted before, but take a look at this:

http://www.thespiritmolecule.com/

Looks promising, eh? Seems they either turn the book into a documentary or even make something new based on Strassmann's work.
God is dreaming us.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Hybridoma
#2 Posted : 1/1/2010 8:34:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The film has potential, but at this point it and the Cottonwood Research Foundation have serious shortages of funding, for a variety of reasons. CRF has never really gotten off the ground. 15 years ago Strassman produced some rigorous and groundbreaking research using a clinical protocol and DMT, but I am not aware of any additional research of substance that he has done since that time.

DMTripper
#3 Posted : 1/2/2010 1:00:57 PM

John Murdoch IV

gigaschatten wrote:
Don't know if that has been posted before, but take a look at this:

http://www.thespiritmolecule.com/

Looks promising, eh? Seems they either turn the book into a documentary or even make something new based on Strassmann's work.

Hehe this is the DMT Nexus. People here probably knew about this movie before Strassman Razz
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

gammagore
#4 Posted : 1/2/2010 3:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ye DMTripper, true, but id like to see if they can recreate or even come close to the visuals the one gets from DMT.

Also would wonder if there research team have joined the nexus?

mattritt
#5 Posted : 1/2/2010 8:04:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They should, but I have a feeling they have no idea it exists.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

gigaschatten
#6 Posted : 1/3/2010 3:09:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:

O c'mon, it's on the second result page on Google for the search term "DMT". No one seriously interested in DMT can possibly not know the Nexus.
God is dreaming us.

gigaschatten
#7 Posted : 1/16/2010 7:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thinking about it, I'm a bit worried about that documentary. Sure, education is a noble motive, but I'm not so sure about the consequences. Possibly this movie may inspire people to try it themselves, which is not a bad thing, but it may cause unwanted attention. Just remember how the Diviner's Sage has been publicly mown down using unfounded propaganda. If this documentary reaches a wider audience, a new hype - even if just virtually - may emerge and some politicians may seize an opportunity to glare in the spotlight again by enforcing prosecution. On the other hand, the documentary is more likely to reach the people that are already in touch with the topic anyway. I just hope I won't have to see any "look, I'm smoking DMT in a crack pipe" videos on Youtube.
God is dreaming us.

joebono
#8 Posted : 1/16/2010 10:13:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The documentary looks like a bunch of interviews with old crusty intellectual types and lifelong hippies. Hopefully this type of film will not appeal to teenagers because of this fact. It would be a shame if DMT gained newfound fame and the supply, availability, and legality of MHRB was threatened. Shit, that would be a nightmare. Let's hope this film is never funded and if it is, that it will not have a public impact.

ambi-lysergance
#9 Posted : 1/16/2010 11:09:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joebono wrote:
The documentary looks like a bunch of interviews with old crusty intellectual types and lifelong hippies. Hopefully this type of film will not appeal to teenagers because of this fact. It would be a shame if DMT gained newfound fame and the supply, availability, and legality of MHRB was threatened. Shit, that would be a nightmare. Let's hope this film is never funded and if it is, that it will not have a public impact.

I think you make quite a good point here joebono,

is this film/documentry going to influence further research into psychedelics and loosen the noose in terms of funding for such groundbreaking advances

or as you suggest will it fill the bank accounts of those directly involved and fill the graves of those undirectly involved ( us)

I tend to be swaying towards the latter.

maybe someone can fill me in here but I was aware that strassmen ceased all studies of psychedelic nature in terms of groundbreaking science but yet he is still charging for phonecalls and advocating this movie?? hhhmmmmm
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

idtravlr
#10 Posted : 1/17/2010 2:12:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:

My assumption is that Strassman HAS a profile on The Nexus. Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he did. This is the only place on the web that offers consistent, honest, and scientifically accurate information on DMT and it's allies.

I just watched the trailer and the very first text to appear on the screen says DMT "is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter similar to Serotonin." This is not yet a scientifically proven fact, is it? My understanding is that this is only a theory, set in motion by Strassman. Am I correct in this understanding, or has some new found scientific proof come forth? I also don't like the "most powerful hallucinogen know to man" comment. This sounds very Joe Rogan-esque...

That's my two cents...
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

clouds
#11 Posted : 1/17/2010 2:26:13 AM

Human

joebono wrote:

I hope you're kidding... you hope the documentary doesn't have a public impact? Really?
Since when it's better that psychedelic scientific research doesn't have a strong public impact?

One thing we should remember is that we were not the first to find psychedelics, we did not invent them, and they are not exclusive.
We do not own them, we do not decide who has or hasn't the right to experience nature, and finally, just by posting in this great forum you are already contributing to make DMT more popular in society (teenagers included). I hope you realize that if you want to keep DMT underground, one of the first things you need to do is stay away from DMT Nexus.

We all in this forum have to thank Richard Evans Schultes, Gonçalves de Lima, Richard Manske, Sasha Shulgin, Dennis and Terence McKenna, Rick Strassman and many "old crusty intellectual types and lifelong hippies" for their amazing work and contribution to help humanity achieve a better understanding about dimethyltryptamine and many psychoactives more. Without the strong public impact of the work of this people, I'm pretty sure you would have never known about DMT. Ever.

I understand that you may be worried about the availability of Mimosa Hostilis if more people find out about DMT , and that you prefer to keep smoking in your comfort zone, you are probably all right with DMT being illegal as long as you find your way to it. Thats cool and all, but not all of us are OK with that. Many of us wish that psychedelics become legal, and if that means that we need to create pressure and raise our voices, educate more people and hype them up, then thats what we'll do.

I think its time to stand up with dignity for our rights and to fight for them, with knowledge and courage.
I'm tired of moving like a cockroach, afraid of the law, in the dark. When in reality, I'm not doing something harmful to myself or society.
I hope the light of Truth prevails at the end. The light of Justice.

I hope the documentary has a super-strong public impact and millions of people watch it several times.
Does that represents a risk to my personal interests? Probably. But I'm not the only fucking person that matters.

nodice
#12 Posted : 1/17/2010 3:14:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree
Follow your bliss not your fears.
People are going to wake up weather we like it or notVery happy

have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

idtravlr
#13 Posted : 1/17/2010 4:24:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree as well. Honest and ACCURATE public education is the best ally that psychedelic medicine can have. It's the only possible way to crush the propaganda pushed on the public by the "War On Drugs". The public needs to know the difference between destructive drug use, and growth via expansion of the consciousness.

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 1/17/2010 9:02:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The question is: Are we strong enough to fight the propaganda?

Take a look at cannabis: It was once legal, has tons of applications beside smoking it, the backing is HUGE ...virtually every young person on the planet does it and every old hippie. There is tons and tons of scientific evidence suggesting it to be not as harmful as the propaganda machinery points it out to be.....the fight has been going on for decades and as I said...the lobby is strong...

Yet, there's no legalisation.

Honestly: How can a small hobbyist community of wisdom seekers have a larger impact?

I mean, you can't stop information anyways, but there's a difference between "hyping someone up" and educating someone. This is what the nexus does: It offers those who ALREADY SEEK honest information to prevent lies beeing spred.

Making a movie and throwing it out to a crowd of millions who are very sceptical because of the forementioned brainwash industry is very, very different.

transitory
#15 Posted : 1/17/2010 3:40:23 PM

currently intergrating

clouds wrote:
I think its time to stand up with dignity for our rights and to fight for them, with knowledge and courage.
I'm tired of moving like a cockroach, afraid of the law, in the dark. When in reality, I'm not doing something harmful to myself or society.
I hope the light of Truth prevails at the end. The light of Justice.

I hope the documentary has a super-strong public impact and millions of people watch it several times.
Does that represents a risk to my personal interests? Probably. But I'm not the only fucking person that matters.

I'm sorry clouds but this is IMHO naive.

It would be so easy for the authorities to prohibit all trade in the source plants.

Surely we are able to continue only because of our LOW PROFILE.

Again, as obliguhl states, the information is already here to be found for all those who seek.

What if your 'light of justice' were to prevail only after a further 100 year struggle? I would sooner screw the authorities and have my sacrament now in spite of their ignorance than have the authorities screw me and everyone else by banning the source plants and enforcing ignorance upon all of us.

DMT is very special is it not? Raising the profile of DMT would be like being reckless with your queen in a game of chess. Better to open with the pawns- for example cannabis...

Despite a widespread public acceptance of its use and strong evidence presented by the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, the relatively liberal UK govt went ahead and reclassified cannabis then sacked the Chief Scientific Advisor to the government. 5 other members of the council resigned in protest.[1]

Cannabis remains reclassified.

I really don't want to toss these muppets DMT source plants to play with. You already know the way that's gonna pan out.

Clearly it is not as simple as educating people and encouraging scientific research. And yet this film could not hope to do more than just that.

I'm sure that the general public at large do not feel overly threatened by mushroom addled teenagers running amok and yet in 2005 the relatively liberal UK govt banned the gathering of this naturally occurring entheogen. Despite scientific evidence demonstrating low potential for abuse, very low toxicity, and no risk of addiction.

The 'loophole' of magic mushrooms was closed in the UK. hurrah!

The 'loophole' of MHRB may be closed throughout the world.

The information is already here to be found for all those who seek. Job done.

Just my opinion.
"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

Kartikay
#16 Posted : 1/17/2010 4:15:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
I just watched the trailer and the very first text to appear on the screen says DMT "is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter similar to Serotonin." This is not yet a scientifically proven fact, is it? My understanding is that this is only a theory, set in motion by Strassman. Am I correct in this understanding, or has some new found scientific proof come forth?

DMT is a neurotransmitter, but there is no clear evidence of where it is produced or what its function is.

clouds wrote:

Well said. I'm fucking tired of it too. I hope this movie helps spread accurate information. I hope that it doesn't even focus on the spiritual aspect and that its first focus is on demolishing all the propaganda rumors about psychedelics as a whole. I just don't want it to turn into "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

I'm sure that the movie will not directly discuss MHRB, nor even suggest that users make it themselves. With the current trend in lawmakers leaning towards or at least considering liberal marijuana policies, I don't see a sudden U-turn in opinion that would make them ban MHRB.

However, I also agree that using our "pawns" are a good idea as well (although that does not mean we shouldn't advertise the movie). Inevitably, more people smoking pot will result in more interest in psychedelics. This would be a great way to increase our base support before making any big moves.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

transitory
#17 Posted : 1/17/2010 5:56:05 PM

currently intergrating

This is a very righteous and optimistic forum and I like that (a lot).

I don't think that the movie will in any way highlight the source plants.

I do worry that a 'hype' will go on to highlight the source plants (reckless youtube exposure etc).

IF the authorities feel the need to consider MHRB then those authorities will feel the need to ban MHRB.

That will happen. It will be wrong, it will be unjust and it will happen.

Kartikay wrote:
With the current trend in lawmakers leaning towards or at least considering liberal marijuana policies, I don't see a sudden U-turn in opinion that would make them ban MHRB.

Kartikay the sudden U-turn is exactly what I saw happen in the UK despite public & scientific opinion. The authorities have an agenda and the need for a simple substance=drugs=bad message in order to enforce that agenda. They hold public and scientific opinion in contempt. Sometimes blatant utter contempt. (eg; sacking your own Chief Scientific Advisors because their scientific proof wasn't 'on message'Pleased

Don't get me wrong- I hear the call to war -but MHRB etc may be early casualties.

I'm sorry but I personally don't see any cause for optimism.
"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

obliguhl
#18 Posted : 1/17/2010 6:15:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with your analysis on MHRB. But you know what? There will be alternatives. This community has proven to be creative, to develope teks for the most obscure plants and substances...I bet there will be a developement towards developing plants you can grow anywhere in the world yourself...toward teks dealing with big amounts of phalaris, removing the grammine....let'S be optimistic...the nexus won't die.

#19 Posted : 1/17/2010 7:47:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm with transitory on this one. Whilst I would say striving toward legality is the goal, I can't see exposing DMT to a wide audience right now helping that goal.

The fresh mushroom "loophole" in the UK that transitory mentions is the perfect example. All it would take is enough public interest for a few enterprising psychonauts to start selling MHRB on market stalls in Camden. This is exactly what happened with shrooms, they were being sold in only a few places, but the public and press seized on the fact, and legislation was rushed through in a few short months to reclassify them class A.

I agree that the nexus (or something similar) will always be here, and there are so many DMT containing plants, that it will always be possible to extract it. But it really is easy for a government to make this process very difficult. All it takes is a couple of stories on page 5 of a national paper. In fact I find it absolutely amazing that it is as easy as it is. The only explanation I can see for this is that relatively few do it.

I'm sorry clouds, feel free to "create pressure and raise your voice" but I fear all it will do at the moment is get you in trouble. People aren't going to watch this movie and see the light, and it wont help to move the current political system to legalise this stuff. There needs to be a great deal of development/change before the question could even seriously be raised.

Small steps, small steps...
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

universecannon
#20 Posted : 1/17/2010 9:44:04 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

idtravlr wrote:
I agree as well. Honest and ACCURATE public education is the best ally that psychedelic medicine can have. It's the only possible way to crush the propaganda pushed on the public by the "War On Drugs". The public needs to know the difference between destructive drug use, and growth via expansion of the consciousness.

Peace!
-idt

I agree.

Personally I doubt this movie will be the type that inspires a bunch of fools to extract and then post videos of them smoking it on youtube like salvia, and then all the increase in attention and spring of events from it results in the government making the root bark illegal. That type of thing happening just seems a little paranoid to me, but it if does happen there are alternatives for extracting..

On the other hand i don't see this leading toward dmt becoming legal, at least not anytime soon. If anything I think it will paint a better, more truthful picture of dmt to people and inspire (like we were) a positive and fruitful interest in it and psychedelics in the public and especially in scientists and researchers, which can lead to many good things. Hopefully resulting in some people waking up, more research, and not such a broad public stigma against psychedelics and us as users. I'm too optimistic to see the spreading of information about these things as a bad thing, even if it resulted in the eventual banning of our precious mhrb.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

12NEXT