We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A/B extraction Options

Vegeta28
#1 Posted : 7/5/2019 2:12:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HI nexusers

Diethylether extraction is the rout in the Casale aproch ,two extractions with half of the total volume.No specific time but no more than 5 minuts maybe.

But what about Pentane? i think there is a good candidate for freez precipitation or evaporation under vacum have a low boiling point too. exaclty like Casale or there something different time, number of extraction, amount of pentane?.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 7/5/2019 10:15:35 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

n-Pentane is aliphatic solvent, indole alkaloids are not very soluble at room temp in aliphatics so heating is needed, however pentane has boiling point of 35/36C combined with strring during the extraction.. yea, you might evaporate the solvent before your even try to recover it, if you dont evaporate it during the extraction you will reduce its volume severly making the extraction immensly unefficient, and you will waste solvent and fill your lab with vapors. I advice against the use of n-Pentane as extraction solvent.

n-Pentane might work alright for re-x, i dont see any reason to use vacuum with volatile low boiling point solvents, especially pentanes since they are the most volatile liquid alkanes at room temp, they evaporate rapidly.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/5/2019 2:58:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Are you really talking about extracting psiloc(yb)in from mushrooms here?

Either way, pentane would be pretty useless due to its physical properties, as Th Entity states.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Vegeta28
#4 Posted : 7/6/2019 8:54:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi nexusers,

Thanks. Love
Think the same for the diethyl ether? some peoples have some result with diethyl.

Vacuum evaporation with a chillcondenser adapted in a cold trap with dry ice bath can do the trick, maybe is not necessary, but May be helps the yields not apply heat after the basic step and before bonding with the salt.

What about petroleum ether/hexane? for the extraction? In my country sells petroleum ether as hexane.

Th Entity
#5 Posted : 7/6/2019 4:07:50 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Diethyl Ether is another story because unlike Pentanes it doesn't require additional heating because the alkaloids of interest are very soluble in it. However, i would advice you to carefully decide if DE fits your needs and equipment, and be careful it can bite when angry. Again, i dont see any need for vacuum evap, its boiling point is 34.6C your body temp is higher than that. Laughing
Pet ether is essentially naphtha, but be careful because mixture composition can vary.
Hexane/Heptane are great for re-x, not so much for extracting but they work fine, you can use them but you will need to use heat in order to have efficient, saturated pulls.