We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
koehres kakteen not-a-scopulicola Options

Auxin
#1 Posted : 7/2/2019 12:55:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So a few years ago koehres kakteen sold seed as T. scopulicola. By the time I had a few, others were observing juvenile spination that was anything but scopulicoloid.
Mine are now about to where theirs were, but I'm not finding updates on other peoples notascops.
What mine are beginning to show is secondary spines darker near the base and a primary spine thats very dark and clearly flared at the base. As if it were moving in a cuzcoensoid direction.
Has anyone seen a evaluation of older sun-grown specimens from this seed release?
Any sort of confident ID?
Auxin attached the following image(s):
100_8730.jpg (75kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
100_8735.jpg (135kb) downloaded 82 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TexasTrichocereus
#2 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:25:39 AM

Stay humble don’t stumble

A friend of mine was talking about the same seeds/seedlings. I wanna say speculation was along the lines of tacaquirensis

Grey Fox
#3 Posted : 7/2/2019 4:53:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Too many ribs to be scopulicola. And of course there are all those spines. Really I dont see scopulicola at all, though I guess with hybrid crosses the traits of one parent could be very dominant.

I'm not as familiar with the less common tricho species as TexasT is.

But I would expect to see more yellow color in the spines as they emerge on a pure Cuscoensis. Looks like a cusco / peru hybrid or maybe a less well known species like Texas suggests.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Auxin
#4 Posted : 7/2/2019 4:43:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. We'll see what they look like in a few years.

I find it amusing that any business of significant size would sell seed as scop or pach without pumping some seedlings up on pereskiopsis first.

Spiralout
#5 Posted : 7/8/2019 4:14:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah they are sort of known to have mixed up all there trich seeds and I think maybe even some other genuss ( or many genus!) but I don't know for sure other than the trichocereus mix ups... Kind of a bummer.

Looks like a nice cactus regardless though Smile

I'm going to maybe get a bulk order of scopulicola X scopulicola crosses from ozzy soon Pleased