We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ergotamine, every Chemist pain Options

Smoker root
#1 Posted : 6/30/2019 1:13:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Finding a natural source for this is now pretty much imposible, every seed has been treated and for so a new way of obtaining it is needed.

So I just came up with this pills, cafergot. It could be very easy to extract it from there. I searched a bit and found a synthesis that recomended heating a Lot the pills and decanting caffeine to leave ergot there. The problem? Many excipients would burn and working with high temperatures could fuck up ergotamine. I thought of cristalizing caffeine with warm water, filtering it and extracting the liquid with liquid amonia yo yield ergotamine.

Would it work?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 6/30/2019 2:21:12 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

this discussion is teetering on forum rules grey area, but I'll leave it.
typically the method known in the art is alkaline hydrolysis, using methanolic KOH. I'll leave it at that.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Smoker root
#3 Posted : 6/30/2019 5:52:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting. I thought it would be easier since a average extraction from the crop is amonium and chloroform. Is there an easier way? Or a route to synthesise it?

Th Entity
#4 Posted : 6/30/2019 10:21:26 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Hey Smoker root make sure to familiarize yourself with the Attitude Page with Rules; 2.12 to be exact.
Briliant response from benz, exactly following the Nexus rules, yet very helpfull.
I don't mean to be rude man, but thats the rules everyone should follow here on the Nexus.
The rules are what keep the whole community so different (in good way) than other forums (no disrespect to any other forum). I am more than curious and excited for topics like that but.. thats the rules. Check Tihkal/Pihkal and search through The Hive/Erowid, the old bees already figured it out for you. We just have to search patiently!
Good Luck!
Very happy Big grin Laughing

Smoker root
#5 Posted : 6/30/2019 11:24:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
Hey Smoker root make sure to familiarize yourself with the Attitude Page with Rules; 2.12 to be exact.
Briliant response from benz, exactly following the Nexus rules, yet very helpfull.
I don't mean to be rude man, but thats the rules everyone should follow here on the Nexus.
The rules are what keep the whole community so different (in good way) than other forums (no disrespect to any other forum). I am more than curious and excited for topics like that but.. thats the rules. Check Tihkal/Pihkal and search through The Hive/Erowid, the old bees already figured it out for you. We just have to search patiently!
Good Luck!
Very happy Big grin Laughing

Ops, so sorry mate. I Will try to avoid it