We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Biosynthesis and Extracellular Concentrations of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) in Mammalian Brain Options

KuzeMaf
#21 Posted : 11/11/2019 1:36:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the kind of analytical science homework they need to have university students doing. Especially on the sophomore(+) levels.

I absolutely Hated Biochemistry Lab back in college, but this is some seriously interesting stuff. I'd like to see more published studies like this.

I'll admit, I was skeptical when I first heard Strassman's hypothesis, and his book was a really unique experience to say the least.

I'm just really surprised that there aren't more of these assays being done. I mean it's not that difficult.

Light and Love and Travel Well.
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#22 Posted : 11/18/2019 11:46:27 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

A commentary to this research has come out (posted by Bancopuma here).

I believe the scientific commentary mostly agrees with the points we brought up here. Mainly that the DMT surge alone is unlikely to be a bioactive driver of NDE. Also, they point to important surges in many other neurotransmitters, including serotonin which could compete with the increase in DMT for 5HT2 receptor sites.

They also point to the natural activation of kappa opiod receptors (by for example a possible dynorphin increase). In this regard, it is interesting that Aum_Shanti postulated here a natural opioid agonist acting together with some kind of serotenergic compound (but more 5-MEO-DMT like than DMT) as possibly similar to their personal NDE.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

PREV12