We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
John Hopkins DMT Suvery- Have you a participated? Or have more info on the study? Options

Sophia5000
#1 Posted : 6/26/2019 4:02:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I took the survey and recorded my first/second experiences.
Has amyone found out more about the findings or where the researchers are going with the information?
What did you think about taking the survey?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

WarpedDimension
#2 Posted : 6/26/2019 4:25:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this the study you are referring to?

www.hopkinsmedicine.org wrote:
For the new study, the scientists used data from 4,285 people worldwide who responded to online advertisements to complete one of two 50-minute online surveys about God encounter experiences. The surveys asked participants to recall their single most memorable encounter experience with the “God of their understanding,” a “higher power,” “ultimate reality” or “an aspect or representative of God, such as an angel.” They also asked how respondents felt about their experience and whether and how it changed their lives.

About 69 percent of the participants were men, and 88 percent were white. Of those who reported using a psychedelic, 1,184 took psilocybin (“magic mushrooms”), 1,251 said they took LSD, 435 said they took ayahuasca (a plant-based brew originating with indigenous cultures in Latin America), and 606 said they took DMT (N,N-dimethyltryptamine), also a naturally occurring substance found in certain plants and animals.

Link here -> https://www.hopkinsmedic...Ok#.XL90HLjK8KA.facebook

“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu

Sophia5000
#3 Posted : 6/26/2019 10:14:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's interesting. I just read the article. It's almost like a new spin on the DMT survey but includes a broader group of people with the more generalized concept of 'God'

This is actually the survey I took. I found it on Vice. Looks like they closed the link to take the survey. I probably took it about a year ago.
https://www.vice.com/en_...iens-study-johns-hopkins

Sophia5000
#4 Posted : 6/27/2019 5:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YouAreWeAmI wrote:
Is this the study you are referring to?

I did a little more research last night. John Hopkins did a separate studies/surveys for different groups (DMT group, Ayahuasca Group, Psilocybin & LSD Group and the God Group, which included non drug users) and combined all of the data. The link below are the results of the study. It's pretty long but super interesting.

https://journals.plos.or...371/journal.pone.0214377