We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First experience, 3 different dosages, 3 different feelings Options

hughmann
#1 Posted : 6/23/2019 10:10:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for having me, I'd like to share my first experiences with DMT.

All of these took place in my living room with two friends. The DMT was vaped with an electronic vaporizer, and the spice was extracted from MHRB by a friend of mine.

I'll start by saying my experience with mind-altering substances in general is very limited. I smoke pot recreationally on very rare occasions. I do drink alcohol regularly.

My interest in DMT was for the positive experiences I've heard about it allowing you to "step outside of yourself and re-examine yourself." I'll say I definitely felt this, and intend to do it again on occasion. I am in no way a spiritual person...but this experience made me second guess slightly whether or not I could simply explain what happened with my subconscious, or there's more to it that I can't comprehend.

OK...on to the actual experience. My friend who did the extraction helped to guide me through the process, and weighed out dosages for me.

The first hit I took was about 15mg, and I pretty much immediately coughed it out. I don't smoke often so I wasn't really used to the sensation of having something in my lungs like that. I didn't experience any sort of visuals, but just felt a warming sensation in my chest...I didn't know how to describe it, and my friend said "comfort" and he completely hit the nail on the head.

The second time was about 25mg, and I was able to hold it in a bit better. This time, the "comfort" feeling was still there, but I began to see hallucinations. Having no experience with hallucinogens, I didn't really know what to expect. There was nothing "added" to my surroundings, but geometric shapes began to appear on top of, or more like...inside of (?) existing patterns around me. The wood grain in my hardwood floor began to make way for rotating, almost as if folding in on themselves, geometric shapes. The shapes were very structural and included sharp right angles. The shapes flowed into themselves as if they were folding over and over again. The marks on my coffee table that I would normally see as imperfections began to appear more deliberate and "perfect". Over the course of maybe 10 minutes they eventually faded away.

The third time, with about 45mg, was the most mind altering experience. After taking a few small hits from the vape but leaving them in my lungs ~30 seconds before exhaling, I felt the urge to sit back on the couch and close my eyes. I laid the vape down on the table in front of me. I then looked down at my arms which were straightened in front of me, and I saw a second copy of myself lifting up from me. I wasn't raised so high that I saw the top of my head, but just my arms and torso lifting up. I then closed my eyes and was transported into another dimension.

This dimension felt like a "place" but not in the traditional sense. I was in a black void, but with a large presence of thin-lined, blue-hued (but with colors changing) geometric patterns folding in on themselves...like a folding hypercube. I was being transported from "room to room" with different patterns and colors emerging in each one, but instead of feeling like I was moving, it's as if space itself was moving around me to take me there....even though it didn't feel like a "place" at all.

Eventually I wound up in a "room" in which the shapes sort of formed flowing horizontal lines that arced downward near the center of my view. I felt as if there was a "door to a room" to the left of me that I wasn't able to enter...as if the lines were redirecting me from entering it. It was at this point that I felt as if I was being given a message. The phrase "Let go" was being repeated to me as if it were a mantra...and it felt as if it was from a feminine entity. It was not being "spoken" to me, but...delivered? Mind you, I had no knowledge of people talking about "Mother" or anything prior to this experience.

As I was being given this message, I began to ask what "Let go" meant. Every time I began questioning it, I felt a negative, static sensation as if I was being kicked out of where I was...so I came to realize not to ask questions, and to instead just receive and accept what I was being told.

Once I accepted, the downward arcing "lines" in my vision led me into a sort of downward funnel...the only thing I can equate it to is visual representations of space-time being bent by black holes. I was sliding down this, and I felt as if I was being cast out of where I was. I didn't like this...because I again wasn't sure what it meant. I began to panic slightly, asking "Where am I going? Why am I being sent somewhere else? Are you returning me to my body? Are you sending me to Hell?"

Once again, questioning what was happening was met with "static", and I eventually gave way and just accepted what was happening. I began repeating in my head with "I accept...I accept whatever you are giving me. Thank you for this." I then woke up, looked around, and was back in my living room. The hallucinations were here, again, in the same fashion as my second attempt without breaking through. This time, I looked at my wood-grain patterned door and saw beauty in it that I had never noticed before. The grain pattern on the door seemed perfect...it looked like a flowing river, or more relevantly to my then-current relationship issues, two people looking face-to-face as if they were embracing one another.

As I began explaining my experience to my two friends, I felt as if time was looping in on itself. Everything that happened since I came back was happening all at once, continuously. Whenever I opened my mouth to speak, I felt myself saying everything I had said before happening all at once over top of myself.

The entire "trip" lasted maybe 15 minutes. The "time looping" and hallucinations lasted maybe another 10. After that I still felt "comfortable", but not quite as strongly as the 15mg dose.

Hours later in the day I drove to a different friend's house (I wasn't experiencing any symptoms at this time, otherwise I wouldn't have driven), and there was a guy on a motorcycle who cut someone off on the road. Any other day, my immediate reaction would be, "What an idiot." Instead, my reaction was, "I hope he doesn't hurt himself." I immediately reflected on this, because it was an appreciation for the life of someone else and much less focused on myself.

The entire experience was very worthwhile, and though the "what an idiot" vs "I hope he doesn't hurt himself" effect to my outlook isn't near as strong as it was, I still feel a better appreciation for others around me. I have started to allow "Let Go" into my head when I'm feeling especially frustrated or angry and it has helped. I intend to do this again, and am extracting some Acacia Confusa as we speak.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WarpedDimension
#2 Posted : 6/26/2019 3:33:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it is very cool that you had never experienced any kind of hallucinations before and took DMT like a champ! You did a very nice job describing your experience! Very enjoyable read for me! Love hearing about first experiences in particular.

hughmann wrote:
The entire experience was very worthwhile, and though the "what an idiot" vs "I hope he doesn't hurt himself" effect to my outlook isn't near as strong as it was, I still feel a better appreciation for others around me. I have started to allow "Let Go" into my head when I'm feeling especially frustrated or angry and it has helped. I intend to do this again

Sounds like you are already integrating you experience as well. I too, have redceived this 'let go' message amoung many other messages. The 'let go' message seems to often come up during my trips. In some ways, I feel like I am somewhat of a control freak, it's hard to let go. Over time, I have learned that fighting it and pushing back does no good at all. It showed me how to let go during the experience. It was something I had to learn how to do. I still struggle with it from time to time for no apparent reason. I will think "I thought I was over this? I thought I learned this already?" I guess some lessons are worth repeating.

Not to sound macabre in any way, but I often feel this lesson of letting go is the lesson of dying. Learning to die, to let go of life and all it's attachments. Learn to die to learn to live. Something I ponder.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
“Silence is a source of Great Strength.” ~Lao Tzu