We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Antibiotics and Ayahuasca, Peyote, or Iboga Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 6/22/2019 4:03:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just got bit by a tick and and am starting to experience typical and scary Lyme symptoms (bull's eye rash, fatigue, heart problems, muscle soreness, etc.).

I've also been dealing with chronic Lyme for 10 years and feel that master medicines such as Ayahuasca, Peyote, and Iboga are crucial in me overcoming the symptoms for good.

But conventional "wisdom" says I should take a course of antibiotics (doxycycline) for this bite.

Will the doxy negatively interact with any of these psychedelics?
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 6/22/2019 4:20:39 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

All of these plants have some antibiotic properties themselves. AFAIK, there isn't any kind of pharmacological interaction to worry about. Having killed off your biota will probably effect absorption to some extent though.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 6/22/2019 9:49:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you!

Nausea-city, here I come.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Loveall
#4 Posted : 6/22/2019 9:49:49 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

If you go through the experience of strong antibiotics and psychedelics, it would be valuable to let us know what happens (even if no effect).

FYI, here is a related thread. Doesn't have your answer, but tatt put together some nice info.

I hope you recover well and quickly from the bite. Best of luck.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Sinbad
#5 Posted : 12/18/2020 5:30:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm on a round of Penicillin for my own reasons. I know this is a stupid late reply, but I'm hitting up Hyperspace again later tonight. Will reply should anything go south. Or not... if somehow the mixture kills me. But I doubt that
Sinbad is an entirely fictitious character I created for role-playing someone sailing their own consciousness as if it were the 7 seas. Also, the semi-colon was meant to be abused; incorrectly even!

Sinbad
#6 Posted : 12/20/2020 11:35:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, I might end up writing a trip report from this one because that was not the way things should have gone down at all.

Took my standard dose (at least to my knowledge; based on volume) of 50grams B. Caapi shredded, and then 3gram MHRB powdered preparation. This was also from a batch I've taken before, so I knew it was solid.

I've never even read about an Ayahuasca trip lasting for 9+ hours, but I'll tell you what, I just had one. There was genuine FEAR that the antibiotics somehow killed the flora that might be responsible for processing out the DMT within a reasonable time frame. I knew after I checked the time, and I was still coming up after 4 and a half hours, that this was not the move.

I don't know if it was the antibiotics, but regardless of how much of the MHRB brew I've drank before, it always lasts about 4 hours.

And although I'm not new to it, there was no way I could keep that trip positive the whole time. That was by FAR the hardest I've ever tripped as well. There weren't even that many discussions with entities. Every time I'd meet one, the vortex of hyperspace would rapidly takeover; obfuscating my vision and send me through a bout of maddeningly intense visions.

There was a time I also had to get up and use the restroom, and even with my eyes open, I almost got lost in a single-bedroom apartment.

Anyways, I'm going to take a break from Aya for at least a couple months. That was too much.
Sinbad is an entirely fictitious character I created for role-playing someone sailing their own consciousness as if it were the 7 seas. Also, the semi-colon was meant to be abused; incorrectly even!

RhythmSpring
#7 Posted : 12/21/2020 1:22:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shoo! Good to know! Good thing I wasn't playing with higher doses, then. They seemed to potentiate the other. I know antibiotics can take up liver function/enzymes, so it makes sense that it would break down dmt/harmalas slower.

Thanks for the cautionary tale!
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken