We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Doing my first extraction tomorrow. Have a question. Options

DarthVapour
#1 Posted : 6/21/2019 10:21:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Howdy fellow Nexians.

Going to be doing my first extraction tomorrow using Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek.
In the tek (which is fantastically put together so props to Cyb), he lists 3 x glass dishes for the freeze precip yet in step seven part 5 he says Repeat Steps Six and Seven four more times, giving five pulls in total. Do these all go into separate dishes or somehow into the same one? Can the dish be left aside, covered, with the first pull in it and then add subsequent pulls to it before putting in the freezer?

Thanks in advance.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

GLTASN
#2 Posted : 6/21/2019 10:59:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, i save all mine and freeze in one container. Might want to keep the container warm to keep it from crashing early.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

karrotx
#3 Posted : 6/22/2019 3:48:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DarthVapour wrote:
Howdy fellow Nexians.

Going to be doing my first extraction tomorrow using Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek.
In the tek (which is fantastically put together so props to Cyb), he lists 3 x glass dishes for the freeze precip yet in step seven part 5 he says Repeat Steps Six and Seven four more times, giving five pulls in total. Do these all go into separate dishes or somehow into the same one? Can the dish be left aside, covered, with the first pull in it and then add subsequent pulls to it before putting in the freezer?

Thanks in advance.

You can do it as GLTASN said and put them all in one dish. Or put two pulls per dish, and use 3 dishes. Really I think the main difference is if you put them all together into one dish, it could possibly take longer to precipitate in the freezer (more than 15hours) versus the multiple dishes. You are increasing surface area across multiple dishes therefore it precipitates and evaporates more quickly. Only draw backs I can see with multiple dishes are that you need more space in the freezer and may end up using more naptha.

**edit* whichever method you choose make sure you definitely stretch the plastic wrap TIGHTLY over the dish. I made the mistake in the past of trying to do it quickly and it definitely effected the yield

DarthVapour
#4 Posted : 6/22/2019 6:17:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a million for the tips. I have quite limited freezer space and am happy to let it sit in there for 24 hours if need be. I also managed to get some pyrex dishes that have sealed lids so ill be using them with the plastic wrap for an extra tight seal

GLTASN
#5 Posted : 6/22/2019 2:49:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have the patience to let it sit in the freezer for 3 days, most of all the floaty bits will have sunk to the bottom for a much easier decant.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

DarthVapour
#6 Posted : 6/22/2019 2:58:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was planning on 48 hours but I'll go with your suggestion. If I can hold myself back haha. Oh the anticipation Very happy

GLTASN
#7 Posted : 6/22/2019 3:16:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

since you will have it all in one container you could also wash and dry it before freezing. its from my fav tek that you will never see posted on the nexus as it deals in large quantities and they hate that here but its so easy to scale down. scroll down to the last post on the first page and theres a file to download with step by step pics. https://mycotopia.net/to...-step-by-step-pictorial/

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 6/22/2019 4:13:57 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I recommend using one dish, combine all your pulls together. Before you put it in the freezer, evaporate the solvent 1/2-2/3 of the way down to completely supersaturate before dropping the temperature, then your crystals will be forced out the solvent much moar easily and effectively than if you try it with a less saturated larger volume of solvent.

Remember to do the evaporation step in a well ventilated area away from people, pets, and sparks. I usually put it under a fan blowing out an open window in a spare room with the door closed.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Metta-Morpheus
#9 Posted : 6/22/2019 6:32:09 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

If you’re really patient, and really want to go for some impressive crystals (strictly cosmetic), try this. I ran a wash on some precipitated fb, but could probly be done with a fresh pull as well. But when I went to precip, I covered with cheese cloth and left in high cupboard for 3 days, a cooler cupboard near floor for a day, fridge for a day, then freezer for a day. I also added a tiny seed crystal from a previous batch which I understand isn’t possible for you. But I started with .45g pre wash, and ended with about .35 post wash. The point of this is with the super slow precip, .21 of the .35 final product was 1 huge crystal and 2 large crystals. The other .14 was small crystal or fluff. All very white by the way. Started with very orangey yellow spice pre wash. Like I said before, it’s all for aesthetic purpose for nice crystals. Straight freeze precip will result in a nice fluff to.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

DarthVapour
#10 Posted : 6/22/2019 6:44:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tip Morpeus. Ill definitley give that a go the next time round Very happy