We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT, the Adrenal Gland, and Third Eye. Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 6/19/2019 5:26:24 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Many times during stresfull trips after smoking changa the left side of my body would start to shake uncontrollably. That intense activity on the left side of the body seemed very tied to an increase in blood preassure, heart rate, and adredaline. Finally I decided to investigate.

I found that the pain was coming from the left adrenal gland. The adrenal gland manages stress by producing hormones. However the insight became quite interesting once I discovered the relationship between the adrenal gland and the pitiutary gland (who anyone who has smoked dmt know how much activity occurs on the pitiutary gland.) Null pointed out the confusion of the writer between Pitiutary gland and Pineal gland, which is the relation the writer had tried to made] I found this info interesting and was sharing in case anyone had gone through this.

Adrenal Cortex Hormones

The adrenal cortex produces two main groups of corticosteroid hormones—glucocorticoids and mineralcorticoids. The release of glucocorticoids is triggered by the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Mineralcorticoids are mediated by signals triggered by the kidney.

When the hypothalamus produces corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH), it stimulates the pituitary gland to release adrenal corticotrophic hormone (ACTH). These hormones, in turn, alert the adrenal glands to produce corticosteroid hormones.

Glucocorticoids released by the adrenal cortex include:
Hydrocortisone: Commonly known as cortisol, it regulates how the body converts fats, proteins, and carbohydrates to energy. It also helps regulate blood pressure and cardiovascular function.
Corticosterone: This hormone works with hydrocortisone to regulate immune response and suppress inflammatory reactions.

The principle mineralcorticoid is aldosterone, which maintains the right balance of salt and water while helping control blood pressure.

There is a third class of hormone released by the adrenal cortex, known as sex steroids or sex hormones. The adrenal cortex releases small amounts of male and female sex hormones. However, their impact is usually overshadowed by the greater amounts of hormones (such as estrogen and testosterone) released by the ovaries or testes.

Adrenal Medulla Hormones

Unlike the adrenal cortex, the adrenal medulla does not perform any vital functions. That is, you don’t need it to live. But that hardly means the adrenal medulla is useless. The hormones of the adrenal medulla are released after the sympathetic nervous system is stimulated, which occurs when you’re stressed. As such, the adrenal medulla helps you deal with physical and emotional stress. You can learn more by reading a SpineUniverse article about the sympathetic nervous system.

You may be familiar with the fight-or-flight response—a process initiated by the sympathetic nervous system when your body encounters a threatening (stressful) situation. The hormones of the adrenal medulla contribute to this response.

Hormones secreted by the adrenal medulla are:
Epinephrine: Most people know epinephrine by its other name—adrenaline. This hormone rapidly responds to stress by increasing your heart rate and rushing blood to the muscles and brain. It also spikes your blood sugar level by helping convert glycogen to glucose in the liver. (Glycogen is the liver’s storage form of glucose.)
Norepinephrine: Also known as noradrenaline, this hormone works with epinephrine in responding to stress. However, it can cause vasoconstriction (the narrowing of blood vessels). This results in high blood pressure.

Source: https://www.google.com/a...ndocrineweb.com/amp/1106
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 7/1/2019 2:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I've always felt that smoked DMT affects the hormonal system, but being totally uneducated about physiology, have refrained from commenting on my feelings.

I'm a little confused by your post title and content. You mention "third eye" and later the pituitary gland, but don't go on to explain what you mean, nor really explain how you came to the conclusion that your adrenal was producing pain (which seems concerning, imo...). The "third eye" is considered to be the pineal gland, not the pituitary, unless that is what you meant.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

FranLover
#3 Posted : 7/1/2019 6:46:01 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

null24 wrote:
I've always felt that smoked DMT affects the hormonal system, but being totally uneducated about physiology, have refrained from commenting on my feelings.

I'm a little confused by your post title and content. You mention "third eye" and later the pituitary gland, but don't go on to explain what you mean, nor really explain how you came to the conclusion that your adrenal was producing pain (which seems concerning, imo...). The "third eye" is considered to be the pineal gland, not the pituitary, unless that is what you meant.

In my oppinion it does aswell--hormones like melatonin having something to do. Often times I feel I grew after smoking dmt; like how it feels after gym and sleeping, but only in a 15-30min trip.

the confusions between the pituitary and pineal is exactly what happened to my writing.

For the pain in the adrenal gland I thought that it is cause of its intense activity to release cortisol, activate adredaline rush to get you flushing so to excrete the bad dmt out faster (I never get bad adredaline rushes on good trips, on the contrary I feel very suprisingly zen for the shock of dmt)

Thannks for commenting!=)
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.