We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LAZYMAN MINI A/B.. sound feasible? Options

MarduksHead
#1 Posted : 6/18/2019 10:26:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So having extracted 1% from my very first attempt at the Lazyman STB tek, I thought I could possibly expand on this with a short A/B at the start to see if even more can be extracted from my precious MHRB.

I want to do a test;

Take 50g MHRB powdered.
Add 750ml of Water/Vinegar (pH4 or close) to a pan.
Add MHRB and simmer for 1 hour 30 mins.
Allow to cool, strain bark and and transfer MHRB liquid to a jar, add clean water to make 750ml again.
Add Lye until pH13 is reached, mix and leave for 12 hours, stirring periodically.
Warm solution to 100-110f, add 50ml Naphtha, mix and settle 5 times.
Extract Naphtha and fan evaporate to 50%. Freeze precipitate. Make 4 pulls.

So instead of a cooking the bark over and over collecting the liquid like a regular A/B, just do it once and leave all the bark in.. ?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 6/18/2019 11:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Feasable, but from experience of using powdered bark, that bits of park will mix with the solvent. I found it easier to boil/strain a few times and reduce that liquid to a certain volume.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 6/19/2019 10:13:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Exactly, it's worth straining out the bark so that the solvent separates more easily in the base stage. Not all 'short cuts' will save you time.

That said, Cyb described a similar 'A2B' (acid to base) method that left the bark in so it's not like it absolutely won't work. There are relative advantages and disadvantages and it would be a useful exercise to think them through and write them out Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli