We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mimosa and wounds? Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 12/30/2009 9:15:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I know someone who has a bad wound in the foot. The person is diabetic and it is refusing to heal properly... This person wont stop seeing the doctor or anything but I thought it might be interesting to suggest to him also use some mimosa, see if it boosts the standard treatment.

I have read many times mimosa can help healing wounds, and that this is actually the most common traditional use.. But does anybody know HOW? Just throw some mimosa rootbark powder in the wound? For how long? How much? Or should it be made into a little paste or does it need any kind of other preparation?

thanks!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 12/30/2009 10:16:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I should have an article on my desk let me check...

Well the ethanol extract is anti microbial. Dry bark as a powder administered to wounds can treat eczema, inflammation, and venous leg ulcerations. They say it was administered topically as a powder. I dunno how they got it to stick though.. They don't go into detail. Perhaps just mix the bark with something sticky (that is appropriate to put on a wound) like some kind of cream and slap it on.

Here is the reference:

Jurema-Preta (mimosa tenuiflora [willd. poir): a review of its traditional use phytochemistry and pharmacology. Rafael Sampaio Octaviano de Souza et al, 2008 brazilian archives of biology and technology.

The articles references the studies where topical applications were made and tested in people. So find those references and it should have the answer.

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 12/30/2009 11:32:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The mimosa can be infused into sesame oil, coconut oil or ghee...or sunflower, or mustard seed, etc...

Basically you make a tea, reduce it down to 1/4th it's total volume, filter out the root bark, clean pot, put tea back into pot...and then add your oil...reduce until the water evaporates off and all that is left is mimosa extractives-infused oil.

Sesame oil is my favorite. Soothing and a good medicine carrier.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

endlessness
#4 Posted : 12/30/2009 2:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

excellent info guys, thanks a lot!

Observant
#5 Posted : 12/30/2009 5:08:48 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I read on another Forum Mimosa could be Infectious , meaning some batches of Bark could have Microbia mixed in .
So better not use unprocessed Bark Powder in Open Wounds.

You can also look into Cannabis Preparations for this use , a neighbor of mine has successfully treated some people whose wounds wouldnt heal with it .
Just in case you have some weed you need to get rid of - just add to the sesame oil Pleased
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

gammagore
#6 Posted : 1/3/2010 9:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recall reading on drugs-forum, marsefold had some powdered mimosa get into a cut on his finger, which in turn got very infected, he neede to see the doc and take a course of antibiotics to clear the infection.

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 1/3/2010 9:47:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you know what he told the doctor? Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#8 Posted : 1/3/2010 11:16:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I put mimosa powder in a cut once to stop bleeding and it just dried into this purple scap thing..worked quite well..quess my bark wasnt contaminated though..not recommending other do it.
Long live the unwoke.

camakazi
#9 Posted : 1/6/2010 6:56:25 AM

RUN DMT

I have someone close to me that is a type 1 diabetic. Her mother died very young during and operation to have a leg amputated. Now I fear she is fated to follow the same path. She has already lost the sight in one of her eyes, had a kidney transplant and now also has a wound in her foot that wont heal.

Is there any more info on MHRB and healing wounds? I wouldn't want to just start spinkling my magic powder over open wounds before knowing all the risks first. Diabetics are prone to infection, so could this do more harm than good?
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.