We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Possible new tek for almost anything Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 12/30/2009 7:37:29 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

This could be a tek that works for so many things - if it works well the proceedure can be called Acetone Phluxing hehe :Þ

Iv been playing with rue a bit lately and noticed something.

i disolved some harmine in water and a dash of lemon juice - added the same amount of acetone as water and noticed massive precipitation.
tried the same using vinegar - very little precipitation - or perhaps just slower precipitation, but lemon juice seems better.

here is a pic - the lemon juice experiment is the one on the right.

a few mins later

now iv tried this with harmaline and had the same success, tried it with mescaline hcl - it dropped right out the salting water, tried it on a poppy extract and il leave it at that.

Iv been thinking how this can be applied to a few things - for rue extraction - perhaps making a tea(unground even perhaps) of a dose of rue (3g) with lemon juice, add acetone, filter and wash precips - could make things so easy.

adding acetone directly to cactus tea to precip alkaloids, thereby avoiding the need to evap, and if it doesnt work nothing is lost as its just a tad more acetone to evap.

same for spice extraction - soak bark in vinegar or something, filter, add acetone, collect precips, freebase.

I think the important bits are :
choosing the correct acid for the job
mek could also perhaps be used in place of acetone
getting the saturation of the water correct (although in some cases it doesnt seem too important)
evapping down after first precips have been filtered - then adding more acetone(a few times - equivelent to pulls)
the precips can be disolved again and then the proceedure redone for a cleaner product

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 12/30/2009 7:40:27 AM

The Root

update - the harmine precipped from the vinegar solution but not nearly as well as from the lemon juice one.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

q21q21
#3 Posted : 12/30/2009 7:42:32 AM

SWIM

oh em gee!! looks so cool!

Would you agree if SWIM took his mescaline containing limonene and used dilute HCl to salt out the mescaline.

Seperated the dilute HCl and added 1:1 acetone it would work???
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 12/30/2009 8:11:39 AM

The Root

thats preddy much what i tried - give it a go.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 12/30/2009 8:44:46 AM

The Root

the liquid was drained - acetone was used to wash

and the precip collected

and dried (freebase used in the beginning vs precipped stuff)

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

kemist
#6 Posted : 12/30/2009 9:15:43 AM

John

So the white stuff on the right of the bottom pic is precip. Harmine citrate , right. Ilpt might give it go as he has some very pure acetone and food grade white crystalic citric acid. It need to wait until all new year celebration finished , lol
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

endlessness
#7 Posted : 12/30/2009 9:19:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how much was lost in this cleaning step?

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 12/30/2009 10:52:04 AM

The Root

well no visible loss in yeild - the experiment was not complete as the products were not weighed - il give it another go and weigh it this time.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 12/30/2009 10:55:57 AM

The Root

what should harmine citrate taste like ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 12/30/2009 2:51:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps a new edition of your telepathine tek is in order? Or a separate tek detailing the use of this for several substances?

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:04:47 PM

The Root

deffinately.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

kemist
#12 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:45:59 PM

John

It should have bittersour taste. Harmine freebase is almost tasteless and starting to be bitter after while in mouth when acids in mouth turning it to salt forms. Could you turn it back to freebase please to see the colour. Ilpt never had white harmine freebase. It's always a bit tan.
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Crystalito
#13 Posted : 12/30/2009 5:18:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Looks very interesting tek...Care running it on some cacti resin to see if anything precipitates? It could certainly be a step forward if it works...

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 12/30/2009 5:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

oooo good idea crystalito
it's a sound

panoramix
#15 Posted : 12/30/2009 5:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this looks nice if it wold work for spice it wold be super.
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 12/30/2009 6:22:13 PM

The Root

like i said - the salting water (4 drops hcl(33%) to 100ml water) from a dlimo pull on some cactus precipitated white on addition of acetone - if the salt form is hcl then i recon it should work well.
I would imagine - the resin is disolved in water + hcl, filtered, acetone is added, precips collected - solution reduced and precips collected again x2.
if neccicary - precips redisolved in water, filtered and acetone added and repeat x2
perhaps some resin will apear soon so i can test this.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Crystalito
#17 Posted : 12/30/2009 10:56:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If in water though mescaline could be soluble in water fraction, so the resin could be dissolved straight to acetone and maybe either be in the resin in HCl for or add a bit acid in the acetone.

Eitherway if this works,water or not, then we might have a RTA tek Pleased (Resin To Acetone).

Also, try putting the acetone to freezer in your experiments to see if this furtherly helps precipitation.

Phlux-
#18 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:01:13 AM

The Root

i dont understand any of what you just said ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#19 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:11:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Phlux- wrote:
i dont understand any of what you just said ?

hahah im right there with you phlux
it's a sound

MagikVenom
#20 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:16:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well we all know the Ant man is the official Ambassador for the Nexus and a damn good one at that.
Looks like you need to be nominated as the official extraction photographer.
Sweet write ups and photos you got my nomination Bro.

Peace
MV

123NEXT»