We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT-Suppository Options

floxus
#1 Posted : 6/15/2019 9:04:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hellow fellow travelers,

as discussed in various threads here on nexus, the rectal application can be quite an efficient and suitable ROA. However, there is not much info on this method yet, so I figure I'll quickly report on my recent experiences.

From what I noticed trying to use DMT salt for nasal application, the advantage of water solubility can easily be outweighed by the irritation of the mucous membranes due to excess acidity, which is not that easy to control. (Tried the Hyperspace Fool's COCO Tek as well as evaporating the acidic solution leaving behind only DMT-salt. Both versions where quite harsh on my nose.)

DMT as a base however isn't watersoluble, raising the issue of how effectively it will be rectally absorbt.

However, since the base is soluble in NPS, it should also be readily soluble in fat. Therefore, it can be dissolved in molten suppositories, which makes for an easy application while also ensuring good uptake into the system.

- As starting material I used Vomex children's suppositories (active substance: 40 mg dimenhydrat) which work against nausea - figuring this could make for a helpfull side-effect.
- Cut the individual plastic casing of the suppository cleanly open at the rear end with a razor blade and squeezed out the suppository
- Melted the suppository and dissolved 165 mg DMT base @ ~80°C. The DMT base was easyly soluble in the 1 g suppository substance.
- Filled the liquid suppository substance back into the plastic casing (see picture)

After solidification of the substance it can be taken out of the casing by regularly opening it (see picture)

Rectal application was carried out by applying 80 mg Harmala-HCl dissolved in 1 ml water, immediately followed by inserting the suppository.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Application was easy and there was only a really mild hint of a burning sensation upon rectal disintegration of the suppository.
Concerning the the alleged caustic properties of DMT-Base: The quite moderate pKb-value of DMT-Base (14-pKs = 5.32; pKs value according to: source) suggests it should not be to caustic. Hell - even the carbonate ion is a stronger base (pKb 3,6). Also: only small amounts of DMT in the milligram range are used for application. Also to be considered: When smoking DMT base that same base gets applied to the lung tissue - also with no obvious side effects due to causticity of the substance. Granted: in the lung the substance gets distributed over a very large surface area. But that's exactly the point why using a suppository is beneficial. That also distributes the DMT dependably over a somewhat larger volume...

The effects tuned in fast and quite strong. Onset began about 5 minutes after application.

Something to be considered: This specific trip turned out to get really, really dark. I felt very strongly that purging would have ben helpfull and most likely would have transformed the trip into love and light and good vibes. However, due to the action of the dimenhydrat I was unable to purge, leaving me stuck with those dark impressions and a feeling of being congested with negative energy.
The irony being that one motive for trying this ROA was to get around throwing up. And now there was nothing that i would have loved to do more then exactly that: Throwing up.

Anyway - next time not use Vomex suppositories. Actually, using the plastic casing as a mould, it should also work to use cocoa butter as a basis.

~~~~~~~
Further ideas:
It would be greate to be able to include Harmala into that package. However, neither Harmala-HCl nor Harmala freebase seem to be soluble good enough in the molten suppository substance (I tried both variants).
BUT: It should be possible to use the slender childrens suppository as a DMT core and surround it with an aqueous gel of Harmala. I tried this with gelatine (since gelatine melts at body temperature), but the acidity of the Harmala-HCl seems to interfere with the gelation, so that 80 mg of Harmine-Hcl dissolved in gelatine/water will stay absolutely liquid at room temp. (Despite using a gelatine concentration 30 % higher then the usual concentration for food applications.) This effect is also reportet in the literature (just not concerning specifically Harmala-HCl, obviously;-)

Next I will try to use Agar Agar.

As a mold e.g. the cap of a nasal spray can be suitably used. It will accomodate the DMT pimped suppository and leave enough room for 0,7 ml of surrounding Harmala-HCl gel.
If this would work, that would make for an awesome 2k all in one applicationBig grin, which would first release the harmala onto the mucous membrane (outer gel) and then release the DMT (inner suppository core).

This is my first post. Love you all - greate community here!
Thanks!
floxus attached the following image(s):
Zäpfchen_Herstellng.jpg (51kb) downloaded 75 time(s).
Zäpfchen_fertig.jpg (32kb) downloaded 75 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MarduksHead
#2 Posted : 6/15/2019 12:03:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I salute you for the openness and putting your ass on the line for DMT experimentation. Big grin Sorry bad joke.

However I would personally recommend a Wax vape pen such as the Yocan Evolve or magneto. I just got one and I'm seriously impressed at how this thing delivers a clean shot of DMT to the system. You can literally get 50mg in one toke and barley even feel the vapor. It's foolproof.

karrotx
#3 Posted : 6/16/2019 1:57:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wanted to commend floxus for this write up. Welcome to the community! Very happy I appreciate your optimistic experimentalism because I have seen countless posts about how to "properly vape or smoke dmt" but rarely do I ever see anyone pushing the envelope of what's possible with the human body. As you said the surface area of the lungs can only be utilized so much. For instance heavy cigarette smokers and even some e_cig vapers (myself) have a limited amount of efficacy due to increased amounts of necrotic tissues in the lungs. Necrosis of healthy tissue in the lungs due to chronic smoking will definitely diminish absorption in the lungs. This is to be true because comparatively to a "virgin lung" oxygen levels in the blood of both subjects will be slighlty offset. That is to say that the smokers blood oxygen levels will be notably less. Perhaps I've gotten a bit overzealous here, so I'll just end it here lol