We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Anyone tried harmalol? Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 12/30/2009 2:29:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Most Syrian rue seeds contain harmine as their main alkaloid, followed closely by harmaline. But this is not always the case. Some Syrian rue seeds actually contain harmalol as their main active alkaloid. Very few places sell harmalol and those that do either charge a fortune for it, or only sell large quantities.

SWIM once had some pure harmalol long ago. He tried it stand alone, and found it sort of resembled psilocybin, but without the visual effects. It was pretty short acting. SWIM did not test it much. It was very pricey. He only had a few doses of it to play with.

Has anyone else had any experience with pure harmalol? Is this alkaloid of any practical use as an MAOI, or potentiator of other psychoactive alkaloids?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 12/30/2009 6:59:29 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I for one am VERY interested in these lesser know compounds!

I'm really curious about all the trace compounds in Diplopterys and Virola species, as well as the beta-carbolines from Caapi and Syrian Rue and stuff.

Good work 69ron!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

69ron
#3 Posted : 1/2/2010 10:34:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has no one else tried harmalol?

It's seems like this subject is really uninteresting to others. There are such few posts in this thread after it being here for several days. No wonder few vendors sell it.

I personally would like to see more work on harmalol. In SWIM’s limited experience, it was very pleasant and very short acting. If it could be used as an MAOI, it might be able to produce a short 1 hour ayahuasca experience. SWIM would like that very much.

The problem is that SWIM cannot afford to buy harmalol these days. He can barely make it to the end of the month with all the bills he has to pay.

I’ve seen a few extraction techs that extract harmalol. But they are not easy. Just extracting peganum harmala is a pain in the ass because of all the mucilage present which clogs filters like crazy. SWIM would rather buy it, but doesn’t see any affordable source for it.

Harmalol is a phenolic alkaloid like bufotenine and psilocin. It’s very water soluble and doesn’t come out when you salt the harmala alkaloids from rue. It stays dissolved. You have to do an A/B to get it, but then you also get the nasty alkaloids of rue. Separating them from the harmalol is a challenge.

EDIT: I've attached images of harmalol, harmine, harmaline, and finally THH, in that order.
69ron attached the following image(s):
200px-Harmalol.svg[1].png (6kb) downloaded 540 time(s).
200px-Harmine_(small).svg[1].png (7kb) downloaded 541 time(s).
200px-Harmaline_(small).svg[1].png (7kb) downloaded 534 time(s).
200px-Tetrahydroharmine_(small).svg[1].png (6kb) downloaded 533 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#4 Posted : 1/19/2010 9:22:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger, if you ever get hold of any please post about it. I would love to see someone else's take on harmalol's effects.

shoe
#5 Posted : 1/26/2010 10:57:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just order some from a different chem. company. Its unscheduled, and there are plenty of suppliers in china who'll indescrepantly take your credit card and not give two hoots about whether you are a company or not.
As a side note, I just asked a few friends and it seems that this series can all be got at with NaBH4 reduction, in methanol. So you could start with harmine and make your own harmaline, thh, or harmalol.
Watching closely, 69Ron Smile Thanks for the tip-off. What is it about haramlol that you desire? How are the effects different from harmala, harmine, tetrahydroharmine? (i.e whats the trend across the series)
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

soxy bastard
#6 Posted : 1/26/2010 4:53:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

russian olive(Eleagnus angustifolia) is an excellent source for the -ol beta-carbolines containing Harmol,Harmalol and Tetrahydroharmalol in the inner bark. I am interested in the tetrahydroharmalol to see if it is similar to THH-ine.
I will be recieving an amount of spring bark around march and will be working on an extraction algorithym beginning with attempting a F/B precip as with rue or caapi.
SB

shoe
#7 Posted : 1/26/2010 7:13:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
shoe wrote:
Just order some from a different chem. company.

Great! I'd love to hear about your results with this compound.

sorry, i should have been clearer. that was advice not a status-update. Otherwise I would have said *I just ordered*...
shoe

shoe
#8 Posted : 1/27/2010 8:11:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There were loads when I googled
shoe

q21q21
#9 Posted : 1/27/2010 9:09:59 AM

SWIM

SWIM bucked up and just ordered some.

*prints receipts, prepares to watch online banking closely, crosses fingers*

will update the day he gets it.

edit: hmmm, via further research SWIM found that though it isn't in the US, harmalol is schedule III in Canada.... hope it is for amounts >1g....
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

69ron
#10 Posted : 1/31/2010 1:09:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
Watching closely, 69Ron Smile Thanks for the tip-off. What is it about haramlol that you desire? How are the effects different from harmala, harmine, tetrahydroharmine? (i.e whats the trend across the series)

It’s hard to say. SWIM experienced it only a few times. It wasn’t enough to really get a good feel of it. Its feel was similar in ways to psilocybin but not psychedelic. It seemed to peak really fast, after about 30 minutes, or something like that. It was short acting, maybe 1-2 hours, and felt nothing like the other harmala alkaloids.

SWIM’s memory of the experiment is vague. He didn’t take good notes on it. He’d like to try it again and take better notes, but it’s way too pricey.

shoe
#11 Posted : 1/31/2010 3:07:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for anyone whos interested in harmalol, or sperate harmala alkaloids I suggest build a cromatography
setup and run your harmala extract through that, and isolate harmalol.

shoe

WSaged
#12 Posted : 1/31/2010 5:50:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Most Syrian rue seeds contain harmine as their main alkaloid, followed closely by harmaline.

This may have been mentioned already, I haven't had time to read this whole thread, but isn't Harmaline the main alkaloid in S.Rue?

It is B.Caapi that has Harmine as it's main alkaloid, followed by THH & then a small amount of Harmaline.

Correct?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 1/31/2010 7:06:19 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey Warren,

Syrian rue has both harmine and harmaline in good amounts. Harmine is usually more, SWIM has seen rue with 2/3 harmine and 1/3 harmaline, his latest extraction however gave 90% harmine and just 10% harmaline.

So judging just by the ratios in rue, harmine appears to be the main one!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 1/31/2010 7:09:30 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

shoe wrote:
for anyone whos interested in harmalol, or sperate harmala alkaloids I suggest build a cromatography
setup and run your harmala extract through that, and isolate harmalol.

What column would you suggest? Which adsorbent do you recommend and which elution buffers do you suggest for the separation of the harmala alkaloids?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

q21q21
#15 Posted : 2/12/2010 8:33:53 PM

SWIM

q21q21 wrote:

edit: hmmm, via further research SWIM found that though it isn't in the US, harmalol is schedule III in Canada.... hope it is for amounts >1g....

border patrol destroyed it. They considered it "an amphetamine" what ignorant ignoramuses
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Ginkgo
#16 Posted : 3/20/2010 12:47:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To prevent oxidation, store the material air-tight, without any light, and as cold as possible. Put it in a concealer free of any air, and store it in the freezer. Smile

mogascreeta
#17 Posted : 3/20/2010 3:56:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Most Syrian rue seeds contain harmine as their main alkaloid, followed closely by harmaline. But this is not always the case. Some Syrian rue seeds actually contain harmalol as their main active alkaloid. Very few places sell harmalol and those that do either charge a fortune for it, or only sell large quantities.

SWIM once had some pure harmalol long ago. He tried it stand alone, and found it sort of resembled psilocybin, but without the visual effects. It was pretty short acting. SWIM did not test it much. It was very pricey. He only had a few doses of it to play with.

Has anyone else had any experience with pure harmalol? Is this alkaloid of any practical use as an MAOI, or potentiator of other psychoactive alkaloids?

i could be wrong but i think i remember reading that tobacco contains decent amounts of harmalol and norharman(?)
"I'm creeping back to life, my nervous system all awry, I'm wearing the inside out. Look at him now, he's paler somehow, but he's coming round. He's starting to choke It's been so long since he spoke, well he can have the words right from my mouth. And with these words I can see, clear through the clouds that covered me, Just give it time then speak my name. now we can hear ourselves again" Pink Floyd- Wearing the Inside Out
Mogascreeta is a pathological liar and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance.

69ron
#18 Posted : 3/20/2010 9:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Just ordered 1 gram harmalol. But I have read that it is unstable when exposed to air. Is this a major concern? Will it oxidize very quickly? And what can I do to prevent this.

Very cool! Are you planning to try it anytime soon?

tryptographer
#19 Posted : 3/25/2010 9:29:02 PM

tryptamine photographer

Dagger wrote:
Would this be an easy way of producing harmalol and harmol?

Fuming hydrochloric acid (35+ %) at 140C does not sound easy, this suggests high pressure. Don't boil concentrated HCl without precautions like a fumehood.. from the top of my head: at 1 atm HCl 35% boils at 120C.

The 'ols are very under-investigated indeed Ron! I'm verrry interested in the effect of harmalol on smoked/oral DMT.

Dorge
#20 Posted : 3/26/2010 4:56:45 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

SWims been asking this question for a long time... this is very worthy of investigation. Harmalol is in a lot of plants as swim recalls... and its true the invasive species russian olive has much in it... Russian olive could be a new and really goo d source for this if its effective and helpful in the great work. There needs to be more effective plants out there that are good at providing the beta carbs... IMHO...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

12NEXT