We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : What's your favorite harmala alkaloid or mix
Choice Votes Statistics
Whole Caapi (harmine, THH, and harmaline) 12 66 %
Whole Rue (harmine, harmaline, harmalol, etc.) 0 0 %
Salted harmalas from Rue (harmaline and harmine) 1 5 %
Pure harmaline 1 5 %
Pure harmalol 0 0 %
Pure harmine 2 11 %
Pure THH 2 11 %

What's your favorite harmala alkaloid or mix (Rue, Caapi, harmine, etc.)? Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 12/30/2009 2:10:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So what harmala alkaloid or mix is your favorite?

The choices given are the most common that I see in use (with the exception of the isolated alkaloid harmalol).

Whole Caapi (harmine, THH, and harmaline) – this can be tea, a homemade extract, tincture, 10x powder, etc., all apply.

Whole Rue (harmine, harmaline, harmalol, etc.) – this is as tea or powder, or a whole extract (which is rare). Most Syrian rue extracts exclude harmalol and the other alkaloids present, and only contain harmaline and harmine. We have a separate option for that below.

Salted harmalas from Rue (harmaline and harmine) – this includes any tincture, extract, or powder that contains only harmine and harmaline with the other Syrian rue alkaloids removed.

And then we have the isolated alkaloids below as options

Pure harmine

Pure harmaline

Pure THH

Pure harmalol
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

psychosisdoses
#2 Posted : 12/30/2009 2:28:36 AM

Derek

my best experiences have been with pure harmine..
makes it more psychedelic and buzzy..
on one notable trip where i took 200mg harmine (excess) and 120mg dmt fumrate (excess) i could hear what i could only imagine was the universe for about 4 hours of the trip it sounded like layered psy-static at over 200bpm... very interesting trip that one was.. but harmine is quite intense and with some harmaline seems to smooth it out make it more laid back where as harmine is alot of energy... then there is thh which doesnt seem to do anything but make the dmt work.. personally i like the added effect of harmine and harmaline to the experience
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

azrael
#3 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:00:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Whole caapi, cold brewed tea to get all the goodies. Favorite harmala experience, as micro to moderate dosing without any other additives. I don't do a whole bunch of it at once because I like to be functional.

I like the clear-headed mood elevation, the bit of motivation, and it makes my body feel healthy. I can focus on and complete complex tasks too.

Unless of course aya or pharma are on the menu... then I couldn't lay my finger on a favorite cocktail as I really haven't been very scientific about it. I usually just go with what feels right for the evening.

psychosisdoses
#4 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:03:39 AM

Derek

Z wrote:

I usually just go with what feels right for the evening.

that is a VERY big part of it.. i like to mix it on the spot based of how i feel and what i want it to do.. it plays a large role in the overall trip how you dose it out
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

69ron
#5 Posted : 12/30/2009 7:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm...no votes for Syrian rue yet? I'm surprised.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Crystalito
#6 Posted : 12/31/2009 2:43:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I went for salted harmalas from rue.It is quite potent material and very interesting even in its own with no admixtures imo.Personally, i perceive whole rue (as in a tea or chewed seeds) to be much more harsh on the body,strong as effects are concerned but it also gives a body feeling that one is slightly "poisoned". Your experience may vary Smile

69ron
#7 Posted : 1/2/2010 10:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whole caapi has the most votes so far. The rest are pretty equal. Still, there haven't been enough votes to really get a good picture.

Pure harmalol and whole rue have no votes yet. I suspect that harmalol will never get a vote because no one has tried it. There must be at least one person who prefers whole rue though. Whole rue contains harmine, harmaline, and harmalol. The harmalol present should add a unique touch that someone out there probably can appreciate, but I think the other non-harmala alkaloids (vasicine and vasicinone) present probably mess it up. Whole rue also contains a little harmane, and sometimes a little THH. It’s a complex mix of alkaloids. It’s my understanding that most of the unpleasant effects of whole rue are from it’s vasicine and vasicinone content.

The salt based extractions of rue extract only harmine and harmaline and leave all the other alkaloids (according to what I’ve read). Sometimes rue contains large amounts of harmalol. I’ve seen up to 4% harmalol reported in the seeds. That’s a lot. Too bad there isn’t a simple tech for extraction of harmine, harmaline AND harmalol from rue that leaves behind the unpleasant alkaloids.

gammagore
#8 Posted : 1/2/2010 10:26:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I go with whole caapi.

Never tried Rue, after all the horror stories I read, I thought its best to leave that one alone.

Caapi has so much spirit and guidance, im not surprised it tops the poll.

jamie
#9 Posted : 1/3/2010 1:00:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

caapi caapi caapi..

not a big fan of rue..but I did a manske tek like 6 months ago at least..still never tested it.
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 1/4/2010 4:11:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I need to do a lot more experimentation with the isolated alkaloids before I make my mind up. I have a fair bit of experience with extracted rue which on the whole was good but on 1 or 2 occasions I felt quite ill. I have a tiny bit of experience with THH sublingually, orally and smoked and it was amazingly electric with smoked DMT, but I haven't had any luck with it as an MAOI for oral DMT yet. I'm guessing I'll have to use more THH than I did the harmala extract as the harmaline is more effective for this purpose.

69ron
#11 Posted : 1/4/2010 7:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Of the bunch, harmaline is clearly the most potent MAOI. It's about twice as potent as harmine or THH alone.

I know nothing about the MAOI effects of harmalol though and would love it if someone with some harmalol experience could join this thread. It seems like SWIM is the only one on the Nexus who’s tried harmalol.