We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
Q21Q21 Vinegar + Lime A/B/A (xylene/limonene) and A/B (naptha) Teks Options

idtravlr
#61 Posted : 3/23/2010 4:22:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bodhisattva wrote:
What kind of popcorn bowls did you use? Naptha DOES eat through many kinds of plastics. Does it say what kind of material your bowls are made out of? Is there a hazard code on the bottom of them?

Use glass or stainless steel, not plastic.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

idtravlr
#62 Posted : 3/23/2010 8:42:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As a favor to q21q21 for his work on this Tek, I have posted a Wiki entry for him under Teks>A/B>Q21Q21's...

The work is still in progress, but at this point the initial extraction process is posted. The additional (Sub Tek's) are not complete yet, but I will have them complete soon.

I really like this series of teks for many, many reasons. Foremost is that it's safe, easy, and you can get multiple variations of alkaloids from the same batch of MHRB. The bark just KEEPS giving! Very happy

Thanks q21!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

random
#63 Posted : 3/29/2010 9:50:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

my buddy SWIM wanted me to pop in and post this...

he tried this method using 250g of MHRB and got a VERY low yield. this bark has proven to be VERY good. he is thinking surface area may have been the culprit. he plans on reusing his bestine on the same bark again tonight to see what happens. when he emails me his results from tonights pull(s) i will post them here. he also wanted me to thank q21q21 again on such a great tek!

plumsmooth
#64 Posted : 3/30/2010 4:18:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm just tired right now, but is there any reason FASI can, or should not be used with this approach, replacing Vinegar pulls from limonene. I read through this thread and FASI is not mentioned here. IS it because of the full range profile of this tech's alkaloids or something else I am missing here. Thanks...

q21q21
#65 Posted : 3/30/2010 6:35:51 AM

SWIM

FASA or FASI could be used just as well as the vinegar.
Though the advantage of the vinegar is the quick, high yield and non-toxic conversion to freebase, while SWIM has heard many issues with losing a gram or two in converting fumarates.

(the tek is by no means a "Final Version" it will be continuously edited)
SWIM will notate it sometime tomorrow maybe.

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

maxzar100
#66 Posted : 3/31/2010 6:33:57 AM

Earth Child

Also, my friend, Would it be safe to use a double boiler on the gas stove for the naptha process? I am worried that I would not be able to keep the naptha hot enough.

I am using some pyrex bowls, and they can sit on top of each other, acting as a crude double boiler, but how often should I change the water for maxmum yield? Should I wait till the top bowl heats up before adding the naptha?

What methods do you use to heat up the naptha before using it?

Much thanks,
mzar
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

q21q21
#67 Posted : 3/31/2010 6:45:10 AM

SWIM

maxzar100 wrote:
Also, my friend, Would it be safe to use a double boiler on the gas stove for the naptha process? I am worried that I would not be able to keep the naptha hot enough.

I am using some pyrex bowls, and they can sit on top of each other, acting as a crude double boiler, but how often should I change the water for maxmum yield? Should I wait till the top bowl heats up before adding the naptha?

Much thanks,
mzar

SWIM is about to edit the tek to mention some alternatives, this is the second time he's heard of the double boiler idea, once was mentioning as very nice yield using a double boiling.

Using a double boiler would work just fine, any method to keep the bark at a luke-warm 30-40C would be fine, just don't directly heat the naptha please Very happy
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

plumsmooth
#68 Posted : 3/31/2010 2:16:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Q, I know this info is around one of your posts; but I think you suggested a temperature whereby acetates will convert to Freebase.
I guess in a simpler manner, I am just wondering what temperature to keep it below, while evaporating, as to Not undermine the stability of the salt acetate. I'm guessing a food dehydrator at 108 would not convert the acetates to freebase.

Well now I have a good question for you, if so and so wanted Phosphates, instead of acetates, do you reckon that a mixture of Phosphoric Acid and water would work just as well to salt out the alkaloids from Limonene.

And last but not least just for curiosity, if one had phosphoric and vinegar together, I'm wondering which of the two Dmitrius would have an affinity for.

Thanks for the sharing of your wisdom and knowledge...

plumsmooth
#69 Posted : 3/31/2010 9:00:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update, dummy me even quoted this info in another thread: 39 Degrees Celsius, which is 102.2 degrees fahrenheit is quoted as the temperature not to exceed to preserve the salt form of the alkaloids as they are drying. I am, however, curious as to how this number was come to...

q21q21
#70 Posted : 3/31/2010 10:17:14 PM

SWIM

SWIM has not found the actual temperature that a loss of product will occur, even boiling a whole pot of water under a 1/4 inch of glass with a 20mg of white DMT just melted the spice.

So basically anything under 100C or 212F is perfectly safe and about 80-100C is where the acetates seem to boil off, though the smell is really obvious, if it smells like vinegar, they are still acetates

plumsmooth
#71 Posted : 4/1/2010 12:36:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find that a little confusing; If I am correct acetates remain if evaporated at low enough temperature. However, if evaporated with enough heat, then freebase occurs. Maybe I am missing that acetates, because of evaporation, turn to freebase if all vinegar gone, regardless of temperature? Been a little mixed up these day so sorry if making the knowledgeable ones work too hard to help newb swim.

q21q21
#72 Posted : 4/1/2010 12:56:30 AM

SWIM

Well the process is really in it's infancy, but when SWIM did a test the double boiler was left on 7 (simmering temperature) for about 10 minutes after all the the water appeared to be gone the gooey residue continued to smell of vinegar, but once it was put on MAX (rolling boil temperature) within 5 minutes the vinegar smell was gone and he was able to pull white freebase out with naptha, though that was strictly to prove that freebasing had occurred

It could be just that it takes much longer to freebase at lets say 60-70 celcius, SWIM is no chemist by any means, but since boiling does not lose product he hasn't felt the need to test with anything but...

maxzar100
#73 Posted : 4/2/2010 12:57:28 AM

Earth Child

So I started the tek with a double boiler, everything went well, untill I realized that I had no lime and none of the stores around me carry it in reasonable amounts.

Im going to order some lime off of ebay, but for now I used sodium carbonate ;[ I will be happy If I am even able to get any of the dmt freebased using the carbonate ;(
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:

Bodhisattva
#74 Posted : 4/3/2010 3:59:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok. I tried this tek (done the lye STB teks successfully with no problem) and it didn't work for me. How much lime is needed in terms of volume? I don't have a scale right now, and the lime is so light and fluffy that I can't imagine how much would be needed. I did 4 pulls and freeze precip'ed and nothing. I evaporated, nothing.

Am I not using enough Lime?

q21q21
#75 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:12:14 PM

SWIM

could you describe the consistency of the mix, the brand of lime, the brand of naptha.
Anything else that is any different than the tek.

It is probably not the amount of lime that is the culprit though.

Big Inhale
#76 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:14:28 PM

The Enlightend One

maxzar100 wrote:

Much thanks,
mzar
NO NO NO NO GAS STOVE AND NAPTHA THIS IS A RECIPE FOR A DISASTER KEEP GAS FUMES AWAY FROM OPEN FLAME
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

maxzar100
#77 Posted : 4/3/2010 5:16:19 PM

Earth Child

An update, From doing only one pull, unfortunately using sodium carbonate, I have freeze precip since Thursday night. Today, the naptha was a bit cloudy still, so I poured it into another container, and in the old one I THINK that I have some crystals. I will take a pic and post it in a few hours.

Quote:

Crucial
#78 Posted : 4/4/2010 12:27:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible that your freezer isn't cold enough?
I've "heard" there is a chance of that being an issue... and also "heard" that if you place your solvent containing dish in another larger dish with an ice/salt water bath it could possibly help lower your temp enough to get that precip to form and fall out... cloudy solvent indicates there is likely something in there.... Just a random thought.

Bodhisattva
#79 Posted : 4/5/2010 12:51:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Everything in the tek was followed to a "t", but I had to guess the weight by volume (tablespoon) of the garden lime rather than weigh it out. The consistency was spot on, everything worked just like the tek said it would - except for the part where it didn't produce results!

I wonder if the bark I got was bunk.

jamie
#80 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:02:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

q21q21 wrote:
maxzar100 wrote:

Much thanks,
mzar

SWIM is about to edit the tek to mention some alternatives, this is the second time he's heard of the double boiler idea, once was mentioning as very nice yield using a double boiling.

Using a double boiler would work just fine, any method to keep the bark at a luke-warm 30-40C would be fine, just don't directly heat the naptha please Very happy

THis is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD fuckign advice..NEVER tell someone to boil naptha over a gas stove..NEVER! NEVER FUCKING EVER! are you crazy?
Long live the unwoke.

«PREV23456NEXT