We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Requirements to become senior membership? Options

Achilles
#1 Posted : 6/8/2019 3:43:33 PM

I is the obstacle.

Hey guys, let me start off by saying I’m not asking for a promotion nor do I feel I’ve truly earned it yet but I’ve been curious for a while on the requirements to become a senior member. I love the nexus and want to continue to contribute as much knowledge as I can to the nexus as well as the psychedelic community as a whole and hope to one day be considered a senior member of the nexus but I truly don’t know what it takes to do so. Any insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Once again I’m not asking for a promotion just to clarify. Thanks guys
This guys ego ^

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 6/8/2019 4:30:28 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

There is no officially outlined process like that of full membership. Usually it works out that a mod or another senior member recognizes someone who is a strong asset to the community and puts in a nomination which is then discussed amongst the mods and senior membership and ultimately, if Trav feels they are a good fit, they get a nice brain.

I can't speak for others, but some of the qualities I look for in a potential candidate is how active they are on the forum and/or in chat and whether they seem like they will maintain a strong level of involvement long-term. That they are generally polite, willing to help, and level-headed in discourse with other members, especially in welcoming and integrating mew members. And of course, the real issue: how many cases of mangoes they are willing to bribe me with for the nomination. Twisted Evil
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

#3 Posted : 6/8/2019 4:46:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I think it's somewhat of a wide scoped answer. There's really no cut and dry definitive criteria. There's been discussion on this years back about what actually constitutes being a SM. What I've gathered from it all, and somewhat of my own opinions on the whole thing:

- A person that's been a long standing member (though this doesn't always apply it seems, as there's a few members here that are relatively new and they became SMs)
- Continually active on the forums in some area/s or another, which this in and of itself lends to them being a valuable asset. Knowledge, experience, etc, and with this - helping out new members, or even current members.

There's several SMs here that are still active as far as logging into the forum goes, though they barely if ever post on the forum. A few of them just strictly go into chat and decide not to contribute to the forum, not sure why that is. Idk, I think you should at least be somewhat active with contributing to the actual forum.

I know this had been mentioned before in discussion, and it might seem silly to some, but this site is the 'DMT' nexus, (I realize 'entheogenic university' is a broad scope term and can encompass more than just DMT), look at the old standing 'about' page for this forum.

Now I know that these are just one person's opinion, but there's several SMs here that have barely (or not) have even taken or worked with DMT. That's one thing that I never entirely understood. Not throwing shade at them, as ultimately it's a group decision on who becomes SM and who doesn't, with Trav being the final nail in the coffin.

I know this DMT bit was mentioned years back by member joedirt, and I agree with him in that area. Trav did make a good point though after that in saying that it can be a good thing to have long standing folks of the forum that haven't taken or worked with DMT and from that being consequently more grounded, potentially, than say someone who might've taken DMT for a number of years but could be real far out on a limb as far as thought, nonrationality, etc goes (though I understand very well that the DMT experience at sufficient levels completely defies rationality and logic, both those things seem extremely peripheral). I see Travs point though, understandable. Though I still stand by my opinion/s on that.

But with that said, SMs can come from a variety of angles (cacti, other tryptamines, LSD, growing of various plants, etc), so I'm not saying that having worked with DMT be some end-all-be-all as a prerequisite, but I think it should be strongly considered given the nature of the forum and alot of what the new members post - either regarding insight or help with their own experiences, or questions on extraction/s, efficient administration of DMT, methodology, etc. I'll even add that it should maybe be considered that SMs be somewhat seasoned with at least the classical psychedelics and the experiences of them.

A variety of angles, mods/sm's decision, with trav being the final piece.

Again, not throwing shade, just speaking my mind. Love u all

Achilles
#4 Posted : 6/8/2019 4:47:14 PM

I is the obstacle.

Haha... well thanks so much for the clarification dreamer and I suppose I’ll keep on a posting and helping the community out and hopefully I’ll get there Thumbs up ... keep me in mind as time rolls on dreamer .. I’ll be around, psychedelics are my passion and this community is my only source of like minded individuals and has guided me through some really hard times in dealing with my own ego, fear, and spirituality. Even if I never reach senior membership I will always be proud just to be apart of the nexus and look forward to many more years with my team.. thanks again man and and a big thank you goes out to the rest of my fellow nexians.. love you guy 💕

Learn, share, expand Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
This guys ego ^

Achilles
#5 Posted : 6/8/2019 5:04:16 PM

I is the obstacle.

Thanks for the response tatt. Sounds like if I just keep on posting the rest will come naturally.. by naturally i mean at trav and the mods discretion lol... either way I’ll get there. Thanks guy Thumbs up
This guys ego ^

Cactus Man
#6 Posted : 6/16/2019 5:00:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I must say I love the vetting process of the Nexus which is usually lacking in other psychedelic communities.

Scientific and respectable. Thumbs up

Kable
#7 Posted : 6/16/2019 5:58:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm against it. I think it's exclusive rather than inclusive, and results some amount of "hive mind" mentality.

Cactus Man
#8 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:00:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Kable wrote:
I'm against it. I think it's exclusive rather than inclusive, and results some amount of "hive mind" mentality.

While feeling the exact opposite way I am capable of seeing your perspective and empathizing with it.

Maybe, is it possible that you havent considered the "bad side" of not vetting anyone at all?

Possibly you havent had to suffer personal consequences because of something like that, but many people here have been their done that.

What other way could be implemented to avoid suffering the same consequences again, other than the one currently being used?

Genuinely love hearing ideas.

Achilles
#9 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:08:48 PM

I is the obstacle.

^ I agree... lots of people refer to the nexus for trustworthy information. It’s important to have people who you know you can trust. Plus it encourages people to learn more and progress through the organization.
This guys ego ^

Kable
#10 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:18:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cactus Man wrote:

Maybe, is it possible that you havent considered the "bad side" of not vetting anyone at all?

Maybe I have.

Quote:
Possibly you havent had to suffer personal consequences because of something like that, but many people here have been their done that.

Possibly, and possibly both of us have suffered consequences because someone with knowledge wasn't able to post to a thread where he could have been of help.

Quote:
What other way could be implemented to avoid suffering the same consequences again, other than the one currently being used?

Shroomery gives out "trusted cultivator" tags.

Kable
#11 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:21:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
^ I agree... lots of people refer to the nexus for trustworthy information. It’s important to have people who you know you can trust. Plus it encourages people to learn more and progress through the organization.

That sounds like Scientology.

Cactus Man
#12 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:25:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Kable wrote:
Cactus Man wrote:

Maybe I have.

Quote:

Possibly, and possibly both of us have suffered consequences because someone with knowledge wasn't able to post to a thread where he could have been of help.

Quote:

Shroomery gives out "trusted cultivator" tags.

I dont see any justifiable reason to consider your second point as a genuine problem because of the reliability of a resource such as erowid.

In my honest opinion if a person cant use proper "safety protocol" and has not done proper research into the choices they make regarding entheogens its not going to do much to have someone be able to post in a thread in order to hope to correct it.

I should mention that when I say consequences I mean ones of a high severity to peoples livelihood and safety.

I would be interested to know if you think that the "trusted cultivators" were given those tags WITHOUT being vetted, that seems kinda backwards logic to me if it is indeed the case, if it is what are they trusted with if they were not vetted to be labeled such to begin with?

Kable wrote:
Achilles wrote:

:Goodheartedchuckle:

How much broader of a correlation can we possibly draw?

That was downright hilarious.

Thanks I needed that.

jiva
#13 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kable wrote:
Achilles wrote:

the nexus is not a club you have to join. if you want to you will need to follow the rules, if not, just go someplace else. there are other boards on the internet.

i myself rather have the system work out this way than making someone a full member just by being registered for x weeks or some arbitrary test. being active in a community is the basis any online forum. so by having the full members picked by mods and senior members makes sure even the ones not full blown chemists have a chance to contribute from their perspective.
i agree, there are numerous disadvantages to that, users might be overlooked just by accident, or the way some posts are written do not reflect what the person is actually trying to convey.
i read some of your posts, Kabel, and i am sure the intention of those posts was different than what i interpreted, some did seem to me as if you wanted to pick a fight.
I Am sure this is not what you meant by those posts but this can be a disadvantage when doing non verbal communication - expression, gestures and so much more is not conveyed.

Wolfnippletip
#14 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:45:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A Senior Member has a different symbol next to his name and the ability to temporarily kick/ban someone from chat if they're trolling, being disruptive or talking about sourcing.

It's not a big deal and there are no set requirements.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

jiva
#15 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:49:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is it just me or is this thread confusing senior members with the full members?
i definitely mixed those up in my post above!

Cactus Man
#16 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:53:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
is it just me or is this thread confusing senior members with the full members?
i definitely mixed those up in my post above!

great point, im actually not sure either.

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 6/16/2019 7:57:39 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Just to clarify:

Anyone can sign up as a new member and post in the welcome area. Everyone who wants to share information with this forum has the ability to do so from day 1.

Promotion to full membership is democratic with existing full members of the community voting for or against promotion on the posts of new members. Mods can also bestow or revoke this honor arbitrarily and of their own accord.

Senior membership is a recognition for significant contribution and is based on consensus vote amongst the existing senior membership and the moderator team, it is ultimately bestowed by the big bawss.

Moderator status may or may not involve dark illuminati rituals. That's classified Cool

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

DreadedShaman
#18 Posted : 6/16/2019 9:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Just to clarify:

Moderator status may or may not involve dark illuminati rituals. That's classified Cool

I figured as much

Kable
#19 Posted : 6/16/2019 10:10:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:

the nexus is not a club you have to join. if you want to you will need to follow the rules, if not, just go someplace else. there are other boards on the internet.

That's cool, I think I'm following the rules. I'm just saying I don't like them. Is that so wrong?

jiva
#20 Posted : 6/16/2019 10:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kable wrote:
jiva wrote:

That's cool, I think I'm following the rules. I'm just saying I don't like them. Is that so wrong?

absolutely not. that's why we can have discussions. would be boring if we all agreed on everything

12NEXT