We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Bong vs. Joint Options

null24
#21 Posted : 6/26/2019 9:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I smoke pot, however it comes. However I prefer a bong or glass pipe. I have a cute little handheld bubbler that kinda fills both holes. Ahem.

But wait a minute, I know you Europeans like to do weird stuff like mix tobacco with weed (ugh!), is this resin affinity one of those ferriner things? Resin?!?

I guess I'm spoilt, but I gave up on that a long time ago, like still living with parents long time ago. Although I do remember to this day that one time I didn't think it would stone me and then being proved wrong and having to sit at the dinner table with the 'rents to this day...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

LongTimeWaiting
#22 Posted : 6/26/2019 11:59:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I definitely favor the bong over the joint. A clean bong with ice water is my favorite way to smoke. I feel like I waste weed when I smoke a joint and I don't feel as high. They are nice for relaxing with friends but if my goal is to get high and do something, I would rather use a bong. I had the same problem you had where I felt I wasn't getting a big enough hit per bowl. The solution is simple, buy a bigger bowl. The one I have now holds about .8 per pack. My lungs and throat can deal with some pretty intense hits so I just rip the whole bowl till it's completely ash... I haven't smoked in a while but if I were to, I'd go hit my bong.

Ulim
#23 Posted : 6/27/2019 1:06:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:

But wait a minute, I know you Europeans like to do weird stuff like mix tobacco with weed (ugh!), is this resin affinity one of those ferriner things? Resin?!?

I guess I'm spoilt, but I gave up on that a long time ago, like still living with parents long time ago. Although I do remember to this day that one time I didn't think it would stone me and then being proved wrong and having to sit at the dinner table with the 'rents to this day...

Yes this is the main reason why i dont smoke joints. Because joints here are most often with tobacco. Has to do with the fact that it smokes better if you dont have properly cured weed and also saves on weed since the tobacco does synergise well. Blunts ofc are still weed cigars and you dont mix in any more tobacco with those.
Europe is not good weed place. Its getting better tho as more countries in europe are looking for decrim or legalisation and ofc medical/cbd is already around.

RoundAbout wrote:
Dry or with water? I prefer vaporizers too, except for joints in social situations.

With water ofc. The water doesnt even get dirty. But the water does smell like wet vaped weed is can be off putting. But still 100% better than any bong that you actually smoke. Also makes cleaning so easy. No salt+ alcohol shaking needed ever since its leftover oils/cannabinoids on the glass and no tar and they wash away easily with hot water and a tiny bit of alcohol. No brushing no nothing.

Connor137
#24 Posted : 6/27/2019 1:29:33 PM

💜

null24 wrote:
I smoke pot, however it comes. However I prefer a bong or glass pipe. I have a cute little handheld bubbler that kinda fills both holes. Ahem.

Hi Null24.

To refer to the smoking habits of others as weird, without any explanation why, isn't really in keeping with the ethos of this forum. I refer to the attitude section: "Communication is comprised of not only the explicit but also the implicit messages, which are transmitted through choice of words and general tone of speech. We do not want curse words and immature slang in the Nexus! Please use language in a dignified manner."

I will clarify the reasons for my smoking habits in more detail, as my original post may have left this open to some interpretation. I apologise for this.

I do mix my resin with tobacco, as I smoke very little. The amount I use is not enough to make a joint on its own. This is actually a good reason to use a device like a bong or vaporiser, which I do understand as desirable by many, and as you prefer, however, as mentioned in my first post, I do like the gradual onset of a joint. It is common practice in countries like the UK mix cannabis and tobacco in varying quantities. For many, the experience of a pure weed joint is not enjoyable, and heavy on the chest, but I also know people that smoke only weed in a joint, so tendencies vary from person to person.

Tobacco is a problem for lots of people, due to the associated negative health impact, linked to the various chemicals created during the combustion process. I definitely did not like the idea of compounding this by ingesting various chemical additives along with my cannabis, and chose a brand of tobacco that is additive free, grown without harsh chemicals. I fully understand the caution surrounding tobacco smoke inhalation, and respect peoples right to view this practice with concern.

It can be helpful to consider that tobacco use was common in ancient cultures, particularly in groups inhabiting the North and South American regions. Many of the same peoples who knew the value of psychedelics, such as DMT, also smoked tobacco leaf. As many on this forum will know, It has been used in shamanic ceremonies and is regarded as a plant with healing capacities. Paradoxical to current consensus, various chemicals in natural tobacco have been found to have beneficial effects, such as nicotine, which has since been proved an anti-inflammatory, and also contains beta-carbolines, associated with an anti-depressant effect. It is interesting to think that these cultures knew of these properties, especially without the ability to analyse the constituents of the smoke they inhaled. A deep relationship with the natural environment brought a useful knowledge of the different flora and fauna. I should mention that in these situations the leaf was smoked pure, and additive free. Modern tobacco products are laced with a variety of unsavoury chemicals, which I believe is the main contributing factor in smoking related illnesses.

I think what is important here is to have self-restraint in regards to over indulgence, combined with a high intake of anti-oxidants and other beneficial dietary components.

In regards to resin, this is the term I use, but it is also known as hash, or hasish. It is indeed common in Europe, but its origins are found in North Africa and the Middle East. As it is the collection and purification of trichomes, containing the active alkaloids, it appeals to me as a product that I would like to ingest. I should also mention that smoking weed, which involves the combustion of unnecessary plant matter, produces undesirable chemicals of a similar nature to natural tobacco. It is the case that with any combustion of plant matter, we will inhale a concoction of chemicals. While this does not draw me closer to smoking the actual Marajuana plant, it is not something I will criticise due to my own intake of similar substances.

Connor
Reality is a simulation, what lies beyond is too complex to fully comprehend.

doubledog
#25 Posted : 6/27/2019 6:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I smoke joints only with friends, here where I live (Europe 😁Pleased is totally common to mix it with tobacco, but I don't like it.
I really prefer small pipes or vaporisers, and use water bongs very rarely, I don't like the taste of smoke and too strong come up of effects.

dragonrider
#26 Posted : 6/27/2019 8:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The best way to consume weed is still to just eat it (weedbutter). However, if you realy want to smoke it, use a vaporizer.

Joints are great and i used to realy love smoking it that way, but in my view it is without a doubt the most addictive way of taking cannabis. It very easily becomes a habit.

null24
#27 Posted : 6/28/2019 4:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
To refer to the smoking habits of others as weird, without any explanation why, isn't really in keeping with the ethos of this forum. I refer to the attitude section:

Oh gee, thanks for your advice. I'm familiar.

Since you like to give it, I'm sure you like to receive it too, my advice is to challenge your sense of humor a little more, you might start getting jokes in stead of getting offended.

But if you want to think I just hate me some ferriners, I am a gun-totin Mercan after all... Be good to ya, G.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Ulim
#28 Posted : 6/28/2019 11:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Connor137 wrote:

In regards to resin, this is the term I use, but it is also known as hash, or hasish. It is indeed common in Europe, but its origins are found in North Africa and the Middle East. As it is the collection and purification of trichomes, containing the active alkaloids, it appeals to me as a product that I would like to ingest. I should also mention that smoking weed, which involves the combustion of unnecessary plant matter, produces undesirable chemicals of a similar nature to natural tobacco. It is the case that with any combustion of plant matter, we will inhale a concoction of chemicals. While this does not draw me closer to smoking the actual Marajuana plant, it is not something I will criticise due to my own intake of similar substances.

Resin is most often used for the tar/gunk formed after burning weed that settles in pipes and bongs. Thats why null24 was so shocked/suprised at you saying you smoke it since its the most awful thing to smoke. Some people smoke it when they are low on weed but most people never even smoke it.

Connor137
#29 Posted : 6/29/2019 5:54:04 PM

💜

null24 wrote:
Quote:
To refer to the smoking habits of others as weird, without any explanation why, isn't really in keeping with the ethos of this forum. I refer to the attitude section:

Oh gee, thanks for your advice. I'm familiar.

Since you like to give it, I'm sure you like to receive it too, my advice is to challenge your sense of humor a little more, you might start getting jokes in stead of getting offended.

But if you want to think I just hate me some ferriners, I am a gun-totin Mercan after all... Be good to ya, G.

I would really dislike for this conversation to continue with any ill feeling, and I hope you can understand the reason for my initial reply. It would be a shame for someone to see that sort of comment, and become reluctant to share their personal experiences, which is what we are all here for.

I must say, your post did not come across as a joke. It is often the case that people will pass something off as a joke when they are called out on their behaviour. If it was a comment made with good intentions, then It would be helpful to consider how words can be received by others. I do indeed welcome any advice that is constructive, however, my sense of humour was not the issue here, the nature of your comment and its wording was. 

We could imagine that in an alter reality, an alter you could read my comment, and respond with this: "Hi Connor. Thanks for sharing your experiences with bongs, joints, weed and resin. I am curious as to what you mean by resin and the reasons why you find it preferable to weed? I hear it is common in Europe. In the USA it is not as common, and I hope you can forgive my asking, as it does seem rather strange to an experienced weed smoker like myself, to hear of someone choosing this variant of Cannabis, when to me weed is far superior."

I do recognise we are two different people, so if you see my alternative wording above as unsuitable, I understand.

Ulim wrote:
Resin is most often used for the tar/gunk formed after burning weed that settles in pipes and bongs. Thats why null24 was so shocked/suprised at you saying you smoke it since its the most awful thing to smoke. Some people smoke it when they are low on weed but most people never even smoke it.

Hi Ulim.

Thanks for mentioning this. After a quick search about online, I was surprised to find that there are some mentions of this as an alternative meaning.

I disagree that this is the predominant definition. Cannabis Resin is the academic term, which is listed on several websites that exist to document drugs, as well as various studies carried out by the WHO. With that said, different parts of the world do use words and names differently. A short investigation would have soon highlighted that Resin has a different meaning, which would be a more logical variety of cannabis for someone to be discussing as enjoyable. Failing that, with doubt still present, a polite question to gain clarity would be the way forward.

The smell from my old bong pipe was horrendous, so I too would find it odd that someone would prefer harvesting this waste material and smoking it. I find your use of the word “Gunk” as an accurate descriptor Smile

Connor
Reality is a simulation, what lies beyond is too complex to fully comprehend.

null24
#30 Posted : 6/29/2019 7:13:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish I could create a worthwhile controversy...Confused

Quote:
would really dislike for this conversation to continue with any ill feeling, and I hope you can understand the reason for my initial reply.

Okeedoke.
I'd hate to start another row, but my ambivalence overwhelmed my desire to read beyond the first paragraph, so forgive me if I'm not answering some salient point. But, yes, peace, be good to you...

So, again my vote on the OT is get stoned.

Maybe before you assume someone is a fascist in disguise... idk...Wut?
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

PREV12