We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Bong vs. Joint Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 6/1/2019 1:55:37 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Like most kids I started smoking joints. Couldn't really aford a bong or risk keeping it in the house xD Now that I have had a nice bong for some time I rarely find myself using it, as I seem to prefer every aspect of joint smoking more.

A bong you have to hold it, keep refilling it (one nug doesn't get me quite where I want to be,) clean it, add water and ice. And the smoke hits much harder in the chest and causes more irritation in the throat (for me.)

So what is your take on this?=)
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 6/1/2019 2:13:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I def like joints, mostly when I go hiking. Easy to take with, light up, put out if need be, pretty much goes for any outdoor activity.

Around home I have a tiny chillum I like, small, portable, take a few drags and I'm good. I feel you on the bong stuff. I have a tiny 6 inch glass glass bubbler I typically only use for canna. It's pretty small though and doesn't hold much volume so it kinda sucks, but it gets the job done. Also have a small 12inch glass bong, but that hasn't been touched in forever, it's only been used for dmt/changa.

some one
#3 Posted : 6/2/2019 10:50:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With a joint, you don't know exactly how much you get in and when it's finished if your lay changa only partly on top. You will need more inhalations, each inhalation will contain less smoke, it will take longer before you get the required dose. Never use tobacco. Another thing is that sometimes it doesn't burn evenly.

A bong is preloaded with the desired amount and you will notice when its gone. Usually within 3 inhalations.

I prefer bongs. For outdoor activities I prefer e-sigs.

Edit: I assumed you meant dmt, not cannabis.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 6/2/2019 1:26:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For cannabis flower: I have always favored a glass "spoon". Just your regular ol' glass pot pipe. These last few years I've gone completely over to smoking oil, and my pipe of choice for that is made of silicone with titanium nail. When I do roll joints I like Raw papers.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Ulim
#5 Posted : 6/3/2019 1:27:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im a bong man myself. Never had much for joints. I feel like with a bong you really need to learn how to properly hit it to avoid roughness and hurt throats. You dont just want to suck with all your force while torching the hell out of the weed. Makes for a really bad time. You idealy want to smoke a bong like a joint. Light the bowl once and then just let the ember travel through the weed. Carefully getting a big colum of smoke. And then just suck in all the smoke with the bowl removed in one big hit.

But i stopped smoking bongs and instead use a vaporizer with a bong attachment. A vaporizer hit through a bong is the most tasty and smooth way to smoke(or rather vape) flower. Its definetly something i recommend if you got

Also a bong is very size/filter dependant. I own a small bong (its more of a dab right tbh) and a large bong. And the small bong is just waaay harsher. I also have a precooler/ashcatcher so my bong has quite the cooling power.

I also never bothered much with ice in bongs. Its just not needed if you can hit the bong right and also its annoying to always have to deal with all the meltwater. Its more something for special occasions.

Cactus Man
#6 Posted : 6/16/2019 5:01:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I prefer a bong given the option between the two. Yet would equally enjoy both.

GLTASN
#7 Posted : 6/16/2019 6:42:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bongs are cleaner for the lungs,as the joints have no filter. We did some fun tests with blowing hits trough white cloth after hits. Hot water in the bong left least amount of yuck left on the test towel. Ive been smoking daily from the same glass bong since 1998.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

FranLover
#8 Posted : 6/16/2019 9:20:27 PM

GLTASN wrote:
Bongs are cleaner for the lungs,as the joints have no filter. We did some fun tests with blowing hits trough white cloth after hits. Hot water in the bong left least amount of yuck left on the test towel. Ive been smoking daily from the same glass bong since 1998.

lol! You've been smoking that bong since when I was two!

One thing I forgot to mention is all my joint have a good quality Charcoal filter (ActiTubes.)

But I would like to update: being short on cash I started using my bong more, and it sure is getting me more bang for my buck!
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Exitwound
#9 Posted : 6/17/2019 6:48:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bongs of course. My current preferred method is gravity bong - just take it all in one big hit. Two such hits during one session, then you can polish it off with a small joint Big grin

DoingKermit
#10 Posted : 6/17/2019 10:05:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to love a bong! I was even a morning bong person during my days at art university. The thing that made my bong use a lot less frequent (besides my demotivation at some points) was the social aspect of it. You can pass it around with friends, sure, but it doesn't have the same ritualistic factor as a joint for me. And difficult to do when out and about.

My bong is reserved just for changa blends these days.

Cactus Man
#11 Posted : 6/17/2019 10:18:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Rolling with ground herb is much more enjoyable than rolling with herb broken by hand, at least thats my opinion of the matter.

FranLover
#12 Posted : 6/21/2019 3:12:44 AM

Cactus Man wrote:
Rolling with ground herb is much more enjoyable than rolling with herb broken by hand, at least thats my opinion of the matter.

Of course. A powdered green is heaven to roll, heaven to smoke 😊

RoundAbout
#13 Posted : 6/21/2019 6:42:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
But i stopped smoking bongs and instead use a vaporizer with a bong attachment. A vaporizer hit through a bong is the most tasty and smooth way to smoke(or rather vape) flower. Its definetly something i recommend if you got

Dry or with water? I prefer vaporizers too, except for joints in social situations.

Connor137
#14 Posted : 6/21/2019 7:20:58 PM

💜

Hi.

I smoked Cannabis in bongs, excessively, from the age of 17-18 right up until I was 26. I’m sure there was a period of time, of about 5 years, where I smoked skunk using a bong everyday. I found whilst using a bong there is minimal waste of product, and it is an intense hit that just seemed to get me far higher than any joint. Eventually I began to try joints, but unfortunately it did not satisfy me in the same way.

Most problematic here was my primitive drive for self satisfaction. It controlled my behaviour severely. Not happy with the gradual onset of a nicely rolled joint, I craved the intense hit of several bongs.

After enduring my period of crisis and metaphysical change, I found joints were more suitable for integrating back into a contributing role in society. Now there is nothing I enjoy more than a joint, with a modest amount of resin, smoked slowly, after my working day has finished, with my chores all done. Just before bed.

I guess there are some that will smoke bongs in a restrained manner. My example, of the negative effects I experienced, was a repercussion of the nature of my being at this time. So, while I respect everyone’s right to choose their preferred route of administration, I believe a joint is the most satisfying method for me.

Connor
Reality is a simulation, what lies beyond is too complex to fully comprehend.

FranLover
#15 Posted : 6/21/2019 8:21:45 PM

Connor137 wrote:
Hi.

I smoked bongs, excessively, from the age of 17-18 right up until I was 26. I’m sure there was a period of time, of about 5 years, where I smoked skunk using a bong everyday. I found whilst using a bong there is minimal waste of product, and it’s an intense hit that just seemed to get me far higher than any joint. Eventually I began to try joints, but unfortunately it did not satisfy me in the same way.

Most problematic here was my primitive drive for self satisfaction. It controlled my behaviour severely. Not happy with the gradual y onset of a nicely rolled joint, I craved the intense hit of several bongs.

After enduring my period of crisis and metaphysical change, I found joints were more suitable for integrating back into a contributing role in society. Now there is nothing I enjoy more than a joint, with a modest amount of resin, smoked slowly, after my working day has finished, with my chores all done. Just before bed.

I guess there are some that will smoke bongs in a restrained manner. My example, of the negative effects I experienced, was a repercussion of the nature of my being at this time. So, while I respect everyone’s right to choose their preferred route of administration, I believe a joint is the most satisfying method for me.

Connor

Interesting Connor. When you say modest amount of resin, do you mean Caapi resin?

keep smoking them joints!🙂

Fran

Connor137
#16 Posted : 6/21/2019 8:34:19 PM

💜

FranLover wrote:

Interesting Connor. When you say modest amount of resin, do you mean Caapi resin?

Fran

Apologies. I assumed this post was about Cannabis! Rolling eyes

Quick edit coming to the above post.

FranLover
#17 Posted : 6/21/2019 10:53:53 PM

Connor137 wrote:
FranLover wrote:

Fran

Apologies. I assumed this post was about Cannabis! Rolling eyes

Quick edit coming to the above post.

no, your good. Its about weed So I gather u mean cannabis resin xD

Connor137
#18 Posted : 6/22/2019 4:55:31 AM

💜

FranLover wrote:

no, your good. Its about weed So I gather u mean cannabis resin xD

Yes Very happy I began smoking weed, but once I discovered resin, I found it to be more refined and pleasant.

MarduksHead
#19 Posted : 6/22/2019 10:07:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I started smoking resin at 15-16 years old. It's all that was available where I lived at that time, we smoked it out of a range of home made pipes and bongs... half the fun was creating insane devices to smoke from.. Smile

About 3-4 years later hydroponic grown weed came onto the scene and I moved onto that as the high was soooo much stronger than resin. I also preferred to smoke it in a bong when at home, so much cleaner and gives a really clear heady high.

These days I only dabble in concentrates, I like the clean convenient delivery a vape device can give. I really don't like tobacco as I've had to care for 2 family members that have died from smoking related lung cancer. It also gives me hangover after, kinda like a food hangover...

I have a mentally demanding job (software developer) so I like to keep myself quite healthy, I eat well and excessive to maintain good brain health and well being, this helps with nice clean highs too...

IIYI
#20 Posted : 6/26/2019 6:41:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful discussion FranLover. Thank you for it.
I started smoking at a very young age. Before that, I was very anti smoking for any smoke.

I first start to smoke Joints with pure weed (rolled by others). I began to grow the herb in the same year that I start to smoke it. It happened that I had a herb and I did not know how to roll it. I used a rolling machine at one time. Sometimes i was searching for people with who to smoke my weed, they need only to roll it. I like to smoke with other people. (for me this has a social function) I did not know how to roll a joint because I did not want to learn how to roll. For many years Bong was my faithful friend. (because i did not know how to roll a joint) After i learn how to roll a joint i start to smoke a lot of joints. But still from time to time i smoke from Bong or Pipe.

I smoked joints without a filter for many years. From short time I smoke with biodegradable filter sometimes. Sometimes I smoke veip into friends, but I just love the fire. Veip gives a much cleaner taste and a very different and economical smoke, but I just love the fire.

I am a bong, pipe and jointslover.
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

12NEXT