We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First extraction in Sweden, pics included Options

northenlight
#1 Posted : 5/30/2019 9:12:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, I would like to share my extraction with everyone.

I used the Gordo tek (found a video that shows step by step no lye included). I was alittle bit worried using chemicals so found this tek really helpfull. The Gordo tek is an stb method which was really easy to follow along.

For all my fellows in Sweden, I used "Gripen kemisk ren bensin" the closes to naptha that i could find. It´s a heptane solution that did really good in the evap test. I also did a evap test on "Nitro bensin" Which is also a heptane solution but did not evap cleanly. Would like to do a test on deco heptane as well but did not find it in any store. (I write segment because I found it hard to find anyone that decribed what soulution they used in Sweden.) Hope it help.

Instead of lye I bought pickling lime from Amazone( I have a ton of it now Laughing

Anyways, lets go on to the extraction, I followed each step of the tek and I think I generated a good pull.

It is still drying so I have not measured the result yet.

Here is some picture of the drying fariy dust

Hope I could this help someone that is new to the community.

Question: Does anyone think that i need to re-x?

Much love
// NL
northenlight attached the following image(s):
IMG_2865 - kopia.jpg (2,849kb) downloaded 311 time(s).
IMG_2867 - kopia.jpg (2,588kb) downloaded 300 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 5/31/2019 10:36:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

While a picture on the internet is no guarantee of purity, I'd say your only reason to recrystallise would be if you wanted to try growing larger crystals.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

northenlight
#3 Posted : 6/1/2019 9:51:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply.

Will try to grow bigger crystals in my thrid pull. Can I use the refrigerator instead of the freezer for slower crystalization? have a good glasscontainer with a air-tight lid so smell and contamination of the food is not a problem.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 6/1/2019 1:44:54 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Very cool my friend!=D What a journey you have embarked on...and of what enormous proportions. Much love! No reason to re crystalize.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

mycowong
#5 Posted : 6/4/2019 6:08:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow very nice. I always got less yields with gordo than i did with say cybz tek. But it looks like you did pretty well. Congrats.

northenlight
#6 Posted : 6/4/2019 2:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Very cool my friend!=D What a journey you have embarked on...and of what enormous proportions. Much love! No reason to re crystalize.

Thanks! Now the big mental preperation begins Smile

mycowong wrote:

Wow very nice. I always got less yields with gordo than i did with say cybz tek. But it looks like you did pretty well. Congrats.

Thank you. Was think of doing a tek that used lye in the beginning but im no chemist so wanted to be on the safeside. Feels good to 100% sure that there is no harmful stuff in the extraction.
Maybe next timeSmile

The end weight of the second pull after drying was 200 mg out of 100g MHRB

Kinda messed up on the first pull( blew a fan on the fariy dust after it was chopped up with the razor. needless to say I learn something in the first pull Laughing

Go Banana
#7 Posted : 6/5/2019 10:15:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello! Thank you for the tip about the bensin. I just moved to Sweden and was wondering which solvents were available here. Any tips on where to order MHRB? I have heard about a Dutch website but would rather purchase from within Sweden if possible. Thanks!

TGO
#8 Posted : 6/6/2019 2:19:14 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Go Banana wrote:
Hello! Thank you for the tip about the bensin. I just moved to Sweden and was wondering which solvents were available here. Any tips on where to order MHRB? I have heard about a Dutch website but would rather purchase from within Sweden if possible. Thanks!

Hi,

Please read the forum rules before posting. Asking where to buy dried plant products is not allowed on the forum. See the link below for more information:

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

northenlight
#9 Posted : 6/9/2019 10:36:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Go Banana wrote:

Welcome to Sweden my friend!

Google it and find one with good reviews. As mentioned above. You can’t post any links here about where to buy the plant products.
But a quick google will help you.
Btw, boarder control won’t take the plant material, when it’s legal to have in Sweden. There is a legal case from 2013 about mhrb and it showed that it is legal to own as long as you don’t do any kind of extraction.
If boarder control takes the mhrb and ask why you have ordered it, you can tell them it’s because of the fantastic dyeing properties it contains.
Hope it helps

Take care my friend! <3

Glowper
#10 Posted : 6/29/2019 4:43:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What vinegar did you use?

Jees
#11 Posted : 6/29/2019 12:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

northenlight wrote:
...Question: Does anyone think that i need to re-x?
I'm with FranLover, looks neat on those pics and not needing re-x. Thumbs up
And congrats with the white.

MarduksHead
#12 Posted : 6/29/2019 11:58:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep nice work. No need to Re-X as it looks as clean as you can get it. It will turn yellow over time but it's still perfectly fine.

kingn3eo
#13 Posted : 6/30/2019 12:46:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome job brother!

northenlight
#14 Posted : 7/30/2019 7:14:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glowper wrote:

Sorry for the late answer. Did not see your response.
I have been using “druvan vitvinsvin vinäger”. If your not Swedish I would recommend searching for a vinegar with 5-6% acidity in your local grocery store

To everyone else: thanks for all the positivity! Thumbs up

Glowper
#15 Posted : 8/1/2019 3:37:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

northenlight wrote:
Glowper wrote:

Sorry for the late answer. Did not see your response.
I have been using “druvan vitvinsvin vinäger”. If your not Swedish I would recommend searching for a vinegar with 5-6% acidity in your local grocery store

To everyone else: thanks for all the positivity! Thumbs up

I will use that for my first extraction.

Thanks for the answer Smile

northenlight
#16 Posted : 8/2/2019 8:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No problem! Wish you all the luck

Yugambeh
#17 Posted : 8/8/2019 4:21:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

northenlight wrote:
Hi everyone, I would like to share my extraction with everyone.

I used the Gordo tek (found a video that shows step by step no lye included). I was alittle bit worried using chemicals so found this tek really helpfull. The Gordo tek is an stb method which was really easy to follow along.

For all my fellows in Sweden, I used "Gripen kemisk ren bensin" the closes to naptha that i could find. It´s a heptane solution that did really good in the evap test. I also did a evap test on "Nitro bensin" Which is also a heptane solution but did not evap cleanly. Would like to do a test on deco heptane as well but did not find it in any store. (I write segment because I found it hard to find anyone that decribed what soulution they used in Sweden.) Hope it help.

Instead of lye I bought pickling lime from Amazone( I have a ton of it now Laughing

Anyways, lets go on to the extraction, I followed each step of the tek and I think I generated a good pull.

It is still drying so I have not measured the result yet.

Here is some picture of the drying fariy dust

Hope I could this help someone that is new to the community.

Question: Does anyone think that i need to re-x?

Much love
// NL

Great job my fellow Swede🙏

Safe journeys.

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

MuteUSO
#18 Posted : 9/24/2021 11:57:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I realize that this is a kind of oldish thread, but figured I would still post for reasons of harm reduction. If anyone reads the OP and goes to buy Gripen Bensin as their solvent, please, be aware that I bought several of these bottles none of which evaporated cleanly for me. OP might have gotten lucky (as I sense that technical grade solvents always are a bit hit or miss).

Bottom line: evap Test your Gripen bensin thoroughly before using it.

murklan
#19 Posted : 9/24/2021 5:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good with some locals around here. I've used Gripen Bensin and Nitor Bensin and have not had any issues. But I'm not evaporating but going through the freezer. Still there are some that needs to be evaporated after that too, but I can't smell or notice residues in the crystals. But again, I have not tried any 'lab-grade' to compare with.

Dirty T
#20 Posted : 9/24/2021 7:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For our intents and purposes a quick evaporation test on a mirror should let you know whether or not a residue is left from your solvent. I live in the US and haven't had any issues with residues from Hardware Store grade solvents (Naptha, Xylene). I do dry Acetone and 99% "Extraction Grade" Isopropyl using Magnesium Sulfate before using to be 100% sure that there is no water in there.

While I'm not familiar with the 'solvent blends' you are using it sounds like OP has it figured out. Do the mirror test and see what happens. Use a clean mirror, if you have IPA you can clean it with that first (IPA WILL NOT LEAVE ANY RESIDUE) and allow to dry before your test so you can be certain if there is a residue it came from your solvent and not a reaction to something that was already there. You can make your own IPA by adding anhydrous magnesium sulfate (made by cooking Epsom salt on aluminium foil in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 2 hours, increase to 250C for the final 30 minutes if your oven allows). Add 50 grams per liter of 91% 150 grams per liter of 70%, shake thoroughly and allow to settle for 24 hours then pipette the IPA to another container stopping before you hit the sludge at the bottom, this is water and magnesium sulfate. Hope that helps you.