We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Preparing mindset for blast off Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 5/15/2019 5:06:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It occurred to me - many people "take a deep breath" and try to calm their nerves before blast off.

I think this is wrong. Prepare for it like a sprint or a fight - hyperventilate a little, get amped up with the fear, SUMMON the fear!

Envision how big it is, how colorful it is, how geometrical, how --- everything.

If you try to calm and collect yourself, it will get ripped away. Best way to enter? Make the transition less of a transition. Summon the fear, summon the anxiety, summon the sense of "oh my holy god crap THIS IS BIGGER THAN MEEEEEEEEEEE" feeling that knocks you down and makes you nothing.

Summon that fear, that dislocution, that overwhelming anxiety of "what have I done, am I ready for this?" ---- and just bask in that energy; when you hit it, it won't be such a shock. It will ALWAYS shock - but it'll be a bit less shocking.

Then the transition to ---- "this is great and awe-inspiring, I love THIS" ----- is smoother.

Taking a deep breath is for a 3 hour blind folded meditation session on ayahuasca. Hyperventilating like you're about to sprint or fight - that's for DMT. Be afraid. Be very afraid. It will help make the fear less shocking, and therefore, less resisted, and therefore, less lengthy and intense.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Asher7
#2 Posted : 5/15/2019 6:32:44 PM

Professional Tracker

That’s the route I took. I was watching this documentary on Jeb Corliss and he “suffers” from essentially an obsession with fear, so he goes out of his way to trigger it.Cool

I felt there was some additional anxiety than what was called for in my spice dabblings so I had to recenter in a way and find out what was legit and what was just fear tactics so I assumed the worst, and a lot of times it’s not as bad as I was expecting. It helps a lot if you have experience to fall back on, getting writer’s block on ideas to manage under pressure is when it all goes wrong.

Your comparison to approaching a fight is good, I look at it like I’m approaching a BASE jump. Check, check and recheck, make peace and go.

“Stand up and be counted, for what you are about to receive.”Cool

Jeb CorlissSmile

FranLover
#3 Posted : 5/15/2019 11:56:43 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Hiya=) always love to hear what people do pre-flight. I totally see this working, but it isn't for me. Chances are if I am smoking dmt I have already lifted weights, jogged, or made a 4 hour drive to the country side. What I mean to say is I tire myself out before smoking so that there is no need or desire for agitation/intensity.

I know what I want out of the world, dmt, and people; and that is a calm and self assured confidence that disarms and pleasently engages. The way to learn something is in calmness and atention. If one wants to discover the immeasurable one must tread ever so slowly; be present from one second to the next, always aware, with an eagle's focus. A brain that is completley still -- just as still as the body! -- eases into that death through that ending of time, through peace, through lovingness. And to a degree hyperspace recognizes this in one and treats one acordingly.

It is known that the way to have more fun with dogs and at the same time for them to be at their most obediant and charming is to walk them during the day so that they are tired. Hence when they play throughout the afternoom and evening they don't bite and tussle, but rather lay on their stomach, play with a toy, ask for food and rest. In this state you can condition them and start training them; because a still mind is fluid, maleable, engagable.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Loverofallthings
#4 Posted : 5/17/2019 3:05:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting suggestion. Have you tried this and found it to be effective? Have your experiences trended differently in any way with this technique?

It doesn’t sound like the technique for me. But I am curious about your experience.

FranLover
#5 Posted : 5/22/2019 9:05:13 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Yeah, its worked wondersSmile Dmt is very physical. But u know I just love working out xD So whatever, Id literally recommend working out before any ocassion xD
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Loverofallthings
#6 Posted : 5/22/2019 4:37:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fran,

I like your approach. A still mind and a calm body is the way I approach dmt and any other high dose psychedelic experience. I was curious to know if amping yourself up had a noticeable effect for OneIsEros.