We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Semi-DiY Pulse-Heating transformation (based on VaporGenie Classic/Bronze Sherlock) Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 11/1/2023 5:53:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

A video clip of one of your designs in action would be absolutely fabulous.

Simple questions: where are you going with your investigations? Have you been achieving effective results? Is the SiC puck really heating up through magnetic induction? Have you built a working model of any of the designs?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Egzoset
#22 Posted : 11/12/2023 1:03:02 AM

Vaporist of Borg

N.B.: Yahoo mail is where i'd normally receive correspondance on my hobby/topics.

---

>> A video clip of one of your designs in action would be absolutely fabulous.

Can you read « conceptual extention » to the patent of Dan Steinberg?

Well, actually if i could just delete all « Followers » who may have escaped my vigilance on YouTube that would be some good start, it would spare me the trouble. Plus, the level of censorship/erasure out there made it a pure waste of my private resources and no forum is immune neither.

The only valid test is INDEPENDENT DULICATION, that's all that really matters IMHO! Forget the past 10 years of dedication, it's only my word so don't ever take it for granted: find out 1st-hand, my contribution can spare you a lot of the frustration trying to aiming directly at the fruit - and i guaranty it's no potato!!

>> ...where are you going with your investigations?

Here's an other update:

https:// i.postimg.cc/vBTPMBRr/Egzoset-s-Basi-No-Frill-Cust-VG-Classic-Pipe-Halloween-23-Ed-900x330.png

my recent « Flex-Valve » added fun to the ritual while also performing a true HR function relative to butane can/butane lighter contaminants.

>> Have you been achieving effective results?

Euh... You mean since 2012 besides putting an effective end to most of the cauphing (etc)? Or even 2010 for that matter??

More clues seem required.

>> Is the SiC puck really heating up through magnetic induction?

Ah. Many challenges remain and, once in a while, crucial pieces of my Semi-DiY Challenge(s) collection do happen to vanish faster than i'll ever be able to solve this whole riddle. Yet today may be your lucky day because some sample posted in multiple places survived my agonizing test of years passing by:

https:// i.postimg.cc/vHtgZZ77/UF-Induction-Heating-Calculation-Tool-256x480.png

It's from a pull-down menu on a manufacturer's web site. You'll find that SiC is listed among other « susceptor » materials... The trick here would be to find an optimized frequency and power level.

>> Have you built a working model of any of the designs?

An induction model i presume?

After wasting my time being a target of gang-insults on forums taken over by the Dynaverse crowd it quickly proved much more useful to further develop my "Plan-B" in order to enhance its DiY accessibility instead. Doing so i equally pushed the Full-Metal agenda ahead thinking that's possibly an adapted layout for power transmission-line scenarios... Doesn't the SiC puck susceptor presumably convert electro-magnetic energy as heat by virtue of a characteristic other than just magnetic (considering it won't stick to a magnet)?... If it's not the magnetic field then it's got to be electric instead; intuition tells me at radio frequencies only, as my old Radio-Shack meter didn't seem to find this Duocel foam significantly conductive, at least in the D.C. range - which is more motive to want a Full-Metal LAVACapsule, but not only: if a Sphere/Top & Bowl-Ring "LAVA" assembly weights ~110 g and the 17-Holes Metal Discs less than 1.5 g then this practically solves over-heat/burn issues right there, as the overall mass temperature can't physically get raised by more than a couple degrees and especially with thermal uncoupling pads + air between the body and Hybrid Core 17-Holes Metal Disc (if any ay all).

Anyway, why think induction when basic tried & tested I.R. heating could work nearly the same without any of the fancy talk?!

A pair of halogen bulbs illuminating the SiC Foam may be all it takes to convert a few seconds of pre-heating into the required temporary energy reserve. Going from there airflow shall set things in motion similar to my actual "Plan-B" converting a capsule's heat "charge" so the Top-of-Bowl sceens temperatures raise 1st, then my bowl's workload next from both sides!

Using only 1 top this already works quite fine with wax + dry flowers simultaneously vaporized, so well my impression of a "spectrum" feels definitely changed for the better - not to mention in my sacrificed canuck province where "legal" is synonymous of mari-¢a¢a designed for smokers.

Would wax capturing DMT or else also prove to work for you?

Again, there's nothing like an independent duplication, if you can avoid temptations to cheat...

Cool
Egzoset attached the following image(s):
Egzoset's Basi¢ No-Frill$ Cust. VG Classic Pipe (Halloween '23 Ed.) [900x330] .PNG (583kb) downloaded 43 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 11/17/2023 11:53:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the info-rich update. It nearly slipped under my radar for some reason.

I'll have to admit, my infrequent and no-longer-so-recent forays were probably just "cheating" with the aid of a modbox and mesh rtda as a convection heat source for a wire pad - loaded with active tincture, followed by evaporating off the solvent before use. I probably spread myself too thinly to seriously consider full DIY replication. My lathe is worth more as an antique than a workshop tool, for one thing Laughing

Nice pipe you've made too; mine I would most likely carve out of slate although I do have a bunch of pieces of various woods that may yet make a nice stem for some kind of engineered bowl, hmm... And we've yet to see what "legalisation' will amount to in my part of the world. It looks more like liberty will be stymied wilfully by bureaucracy.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Egzoset
#24 Posted : 11/26/2023 10:49:40 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Egzoset's Cust. VG Classic (alu.) - Routine Tool '23:

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/9fs6563W/Egzoset-s-Cust-VG-Classic-alu-Routine-Tool-23-10-Years-850x290.png ]

It seems this will be my favourite FlexValve-enhanced configuration for the customized VG Classic series until at least 2024 i think.

Lets proceed to a visual description starting from top to bottom, left to right. All items about semi-DiY (refurbished/modified):

Full-Metal "Top" replacement for VaporGenie Classic/Sherlock Bronze HerbalAire MouthPiece with Permanent #55 (0.052"/1.321 mm) PinHole FlexValve, ~3.5 cm long Silicone plunger from Eyce Hammer Bubbler PVC 5/16" I.D. 7/16" O.D. aquarium (food-grade) tubing 5 cm long Oil-impregnated Sintered Bronze Bearing as Optical Probe support Mating Junction with Optical Probe support & optional cotton inside VaporGenie Classic Alu. with thumb-site to Twin-Paths Core-PinHole

What still awaits evaluation:

Optic Probe(s) measuring relative opacity, velocity & pressure

A single light beam would only capture relative opacity changes, a pair of beams might manage to add velocity and hence also pressure - possibly even turbulences in the audible range (sound)! Conjunction with a simple/cheap wireless BlueTooth (stereo) module comes to mind spontaneously!

17-Holes metal-Disc with Isolation Thermal Pads in IH scenario

Necessary « susceptor » alloy converts IH energy into conductive/radiative vectors ready for conversion to convective/radiative mode. Thermal Pads required to control/adjust coupling between "Hot Spot" and metal shell.

Infra-Red driven SiC-ONLY (no Metal Disc/Hybrid Core) pre-heating

VG's Duocel type of SiC Foam being opaque to light when over ~4.2 mm thick, as i vaguely recall, should capture IR heat and temporarily store it until conversion is performed. That would be similar to "Plan-B" except no extra-ot exhaust gases (H2O, CO2) to contribute in generation of a convective vector.

2-sides Converging LAVACapsule with 90 degrees convective turn

Single-core experiments quickly revealed a tendency for heat to "focuss" on my bowl's center so i searched for « defocussing » remedies. Having a 2-cores LAVACapsule i figured a 90 degrees turn toward the peripheral middle "fumet" collector will solve this issue.

Remember all my "Tops"/"Spheres" invariably come with a "Top-of-Bowl Screen" capable of receiving a tiny bit of sticky extract the size of a pinhead. When pre-heating it melts and soaks a center spot until the final step floods the bowl with a pulse of heat that "releases" the "transports" the BLENDED (CBD Rosin + THC Dry Flowers) "fumet" away; it turned out doing so enhances my aroma/taste appreciation significantly.

The VG "Top" illustrated here has been featured with my "Universal Split-Paths On-Top Core-PinHole System", that means it's retro-compatible but works best with a modified handle. The internal On-Top PinHole is configured as "Permanent" but still connects to the thumb-site so to provide simultaneous manual control, to some degree (most fortunately turbulences from "pumping" appear to be what's helping to set the "fumet" in motion towards my MouthPiece). Overall fresh oxygen is added at 3 different locations as part of the "conditioning".

As a side-note, the motor bushing got torched instensely to purge it of lubricating oil, although it's actually never in contact with my cannabic path to the lungs.

Additionally, the optical « Bio-Feedback » probing must rely on light beams modulated with a carrier referenced to a master clock also feeding a phase-coherent quadrature demodulator. E.G. the 2 beams can never be active at a same time so to implement strict separation while equally rejecting outside noise. Audible signals conveyed via BlueTooth would probably support display animation as one of the visualization models readily available in VLC Player, for example; if such wild assumption ever proves correct this could serve as visual feedback for newbie "HR" training/initiation and karaoke-style social (sharing) applications - or perhaps even research.

"Plan-B" is NOT intended to ever become "Plan-A" because i'm not satisfied having exposure to contaminants from the butane lighter and bottle. "Plan-A", on another hand, promises superior cleanliness and accuracy by combining IH power to the Curie-effect of specially-formulated alloys (see JAi's 'PyroFoil' made available in 21 Curie temperatures), and/or IR pre-heating only using induction to "read" temperature wirelessly in presence of a 17-Holes Metal Disc - which may seem far-fetch but still a prospect worthy enough to want at least to give it a fair try.

In the dreamer corner, i've pushed the optimism one more step by assuming it's a viable option to integrate LED lamps that can illuminate my "fumet" from INSIDE the bong, for a light & sound effect... Quite frankly i could have used another 10 years making it so perfect the manufacturer might be tempted enough to test it all by himself at last.

This exact setup been my favourite consumption tool since August i think. A twin-flames torch-lighter works best.
Egzoset attached the following image(s):
Egzoset's Cust. VG Classic (alu.) - Routine Tool '23 - 10 Years [850x290] .png (965kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

PREV12