We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-HO-DMT from Chan Su (Venenum Bufonis) Options

darkstate
#1 Posted : 12/28/2009 5:07:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WARNING: Whilst this post concerns a DMT related topic, it has been edited by me on the request of other users to highlight the dangers of attempting to extract 5-HO-DMT from Chan Su due to the dangerous alkaloids that may be present in the final compound. The venom is a form of poison after all, so it's highly recommended that you DO NOT experiment unless you are an experienced chemist with intimate knowledge and experience of said substance.

Please read before experimenting.

Anyone here know if it's possible?

Chan Su is an old Chinese medicine made from toad venom.
"In chemistry, not quite right means out and out wrong" - Alexander Shulgin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/28/2009 5:17:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

If it's the love stone aphrodesiac things I am thinking of than it has more than bufo in it and has killed people.
Long live the unwoke.

darkstate
#3 Posted : 12/28/2009 5:25:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I think you are correct and I have even heard of deaths recently in my neighbourhood.

I'm still curious about the possibility of extracting the bufo, which would be nice as this stuff is readily available where I live, over the counter.

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/28/2009 5:37:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ridding it of the other poisonous alkaloids is going to be a challenge.

One thing unique about bufotenine is that it's quite water soluble, even as freebase.

So at least you could freebase the substance in water, and then filter out whatever precipitates out. Bufotenine is surely not going to precipitate out. SWIM has tried to precipitate it from water and it doesn’t work. If it did, that would be a very easy way to extract it from cebil, but it doesn’t work.

Another thing that is somewhat unique to bufotenine is that it’s insoluble in room temperature xylene, while many other alkaloids are soluble in it. You could wash the freebased substance in xylene, and that should dissolve quite a bit of other alkaloids leaving behind the bufotenine and maybe a few other alkaloids.

After washing with xylene, you could then boil the insoluble stuff (which contains the bufotenine) in the xylene. Bufotenine will dissolve in the boiling xylene very well, but a lot of other alkaloids will not, they will burn, vaporize away, or not dissolve at all.

So I think those three things would get you closer to obtaining bufotenine from it. Heck it might even get you pure bufotenine. It’s possible.

So to recap:

1 – Dissolve in water, and freebase. Filter out the solids. Bufotenine stays dissolved in the water. Discard the solids. Evaporate the water.
2 – Wash solids with xylene. Bufotenine stays un-dissolved. Discard the xylene.
3 – Boil in new xylene. Bufotenine dissolves in the xylene. Decant while boiling hot and discard the solids. Let sit overnight. Bufotenine crystals form. Pour off the xylene to leave the bufotenine crystals.

If there’s any bufotenine present, this will work to isolate it pretty well. But there’s no telling what else will come through with the bufotenine. I’d be very cautious with it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

darkstate
#5 Posted : 12/28/2009 5:57:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that 69ron, that's enough information to get me interested in giving it a try and to see what happens.

burnt
#6 Posted : 12/28/2009 3:18:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

This a good way to get killed. The compounds that are toxic in these Bufo frog extracts are steroidal glycosides. They can give you a heart attack. They have killed people. Use plant sources. Using these preparations is extremely dangerous.

I have an article where someone died in Australia using this kind of preparation. They injected it however, they were not aware of what it was and thought it was speed. This material is often adulterated with pharmacuetical drugs as well. Anyway I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS!

http://www.sciencedirect...69067df735b453422d0feece

http://www.sciencedirect...0a05aaac61aa060658cd115d

http://cityroom.blogs.ny...ne-killed-man-city-says/

This kind of preparation should be a clear and cut indication why not all traditional medicines are safe nor effective! Although these kind of steroidal compounds can be used to stimulate the heart they should only be used under the care of a trained professional or better yet use other safer and more effective medicines.

69ron
#7 Posted : 12/28/2009 6:42:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The health risk is pretty high. I would recommend cebil instead. But if you're totally into this idea, you had better take every precaution possible. As is, this stuff can definitely kill you. If you extracted bufotenine from it and one of the deadly toxins were still present in the final product, you could be killed from it. So be very cautious using this as a source of bufotenine.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

narmz
#8 Posted : 12/28/2009 6:51:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would they kill you if you ingested them or smoked them, or both? I've heard of people squeezing the venom straight out the frog, letting it dry, and smoking it, but not sure if that works only because the dangerous stuff burns up, or just doesn't vaporize.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

jamie
#9 Posted : 12/28/2009 6:52:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Get some cebil seeds...unless you are a very experienced chemist with the capabilities of analyzing your final product and ID'ing each alkaloid seperatily(and not by bio-assay), than this would be a very irresponcible thing to do. You would be taking a huge chance playing russian rullet with your life..it's just not worth it when you can order cebil seeds for almost nothing per dose. Please be careful whatever you do choose to do.

I dont even think that the stuff was made to be ingested..it was used topically from what I have read.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#10 Posted : 12/28/2009 6:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
Would they kill you if you ingested them or smoked them, or both? I've heard of people squeezing the venom straight out the frog, letting it dry, and smoking it, but not sure if that works only because the dangerous stuff burns up, or just doesn't vaporize.

I think that is a different type of frog..the asian recipe is a topical aphrodesiac and is deadly when ingested..and I think it's more than just the gland secretians..not totally sure though..I would just stay away from it..it was not used as a psychedelic, whereas cebil seeds are.
Long live the unwoke.

darkstate
#11 Posted : 12/29/2009 1:47:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I think that is a different type of frog..the asian recipe is a topical aphrodesiac and is deadly when ingested

After talking to a few local colleagues last night (seems the Chinese are a lot more careful with their medicines than some Caucasians who are willing to take it recreationally) tell me that one of the medicines is used topically whilst another varient is used orally for sore throats.

Quote:
I think this thread should be closed and discussions like these should not be allowed on this website. Its a serious hazard and could easily get someone killed.

I very much appreciate your PM burnt, and for posting the links. I especially thought the second link was of interest as it points out that Chan Su is often adulterated with other pharmaceutical drugs. I wouldn't go as far as disallowing the discussion though since the information and feedback in this thread could very easily prevent a fatal accident. If I hadn't of posted here, I may never have realised the dangers without your valuable input.

Thanks for the feedback on this. I guess the general consensus then is, stay away from it - it's too risky!

burnt
#12 Posted : 12/29/2009 10:25:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Yea good idea I think the discussion should be allowed. My only concern is that someone who is not paying enough attention will think its a good idea.

We have plenty of good sources for these compounds and safe extraction techniques. There is no reason to risk someones life on something so easily avoidable.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 12/29/2009 1:19:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I must agree with burnt that this is a very dangerous thing to attempt and that cebil seeds are easily available if one wants bufotenine...

darkstate, can you please edit your first post including a warning that this is a dangerous thing to attempt, NOT recommended by nexus members and that you were just curious about the theoretical aspect.. ? thank you Smile

darkstate
#14 Posted : 12/29/2009 3:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I must agree with burnt that this is a very dangerous thing to attempt and that cebil seeds are easily available if one wants bufotenine...

darkstate, can you please edit your first post including a warning that this is a dangerous thing to attempt, NOT recommended by nexus members and that you were just curious about the theoretical aspect.. ? thank you Smile

Done as requested.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 12/29/2009 3:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot Smile