We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4041424344NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

adam
#821 Posted : 11/14/2014 2:48:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

himalayan salt inhaler

I own one of these as a meditation aid, it turned out to be really useful in practicing my inhalations for vaporizing dmt.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

3rdI
#822 Posted : 11/18/2014 4:23:31 PM

veni, vidi, spici

ScientificMethod wrote:
Please explain the problem with this technique.

i didnt criticise your technique, it seems fine, i was commenting on the fact that you have only used it a couple of times and im sure that with time you will get it sorted. Practice makes perfect.

Quote:
And yes, I'm okay with your placing the GVG into a magical cube that requires super-magic understanding to access and the user must be sitting. That said, I'm dealing with things as I see them presently.

it was just a joke mate, i dont really have a hyperbox that floats and glowsSmile .

something that helped me with my vapour intake was doing deep breathing during meditation, this seemed to lead to a big increase in the volume of each breath. If you could increase the volume of each breathe then this would allow you to take all the vapour and still have room to breathe air after the dose had fully vaped.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

ScientificMethod
#823 Posted : 11/18/2014 5:44:46 PM

The_Scientific_Method

^Thanks for the replies. That absolutely makes sense. I haven't purchased one of the salt inhalers (had never heard of them prior to your posting), as I don't really want to have another tool to have to carry out onto blast ceremonies (I pretty much always blast from atop a hill that takes me about 20 minutes to walk to).

I have taken the suggestion of doing breathing exercises prior to the hit. I'll take giant breaths and really try to purge all the air out. I'll do that again and again, and I find it helpful to inhale eucalyptus oil during the exercise. Every time I've done this since my earlier post (3 or 4 times) it has made it much easier for me to hold the hit. I actually forgot to do it yesterday morning and wasn't able to hold for as long.

Thanks again for the feedback though! I'm very appreciative of y'all's help!
All of my posts are entirely fictional. I am a writer, and as a means to research the life of a fictional character that I'm writing about, I post on the Nexus to get into character. In real life I have no interest or interaction with mind-altering substances.

Lysurgicoyote
#824 Posted : 12/30/2014 6:56:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone. I'm new to DMT, and just ordered my first VG! I went with the classic since I'm a little too short on cash for a GVG just yet. In the meanwhile though I have a friend with a GVG who's cool with me trying it for DMT sometime soon.

but I got 2 questions:

1) in this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=42867 where everyone is discussing using the 11mm ceramic flavor discs, I clicked the store link to the product but I only see the 14mm and 19mm sized ones, no 11mm. Is it missing, or can I just use the 14mm in a VG/GVG?

2) If I'm vaping DMT in my wood VG, would I also be able to use it for vaping weed too? I hear DMT has a pretty strong taste and wood is a bit harder to clean than glass, so I'm worried it might stank up my wood VG to where I can't happily vape weed in it. Anybody have experience on this? Would changa be a better option?

3rdI
#825 Posted : 12/30/2014 8:18:04 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Lysurgicoyote wrote:
can I just use the 14mm in a VG/GVG?

yes, i have a the ceramic piece from a VG in my GVG and it fits in perfectly.

Lysurgicoyote wrote:
2)Would changa be a better option?

Magic and Harmalas is always a better optionThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

catfrog
#826 Posted : 1/28/2015 1:23:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why does everybody recommend using a torch lighter when the manual says use a normal candle lighter because torches can get too hot...?

I finally got a GVG and want to try it but can't find a good torch lighter nearby. I have a candle lighter, and a small torch lighter than doesn't stay on very long or reliably. Which should I use to avoid wasting spice?

ScientificMethod
#827 Posted : 1/28/2015 2:41:44 AM

The_Scientific_Method

Torch lighters are more reliable, especially in the wind. It's easy to hold the flame and bring it closer or further away from the ceramic piece as it heats. There's a bit of an art to using the GVG right.

Torch lighters, if I'm not mistaken, also avoid intake of fumes, although I also believe that the ceramic piece filters fumes from your lighter, so I don't know that it's relevant with the GVG.

You can use it with a normal lighter by all means--it's just better with a torch lighter. I HIGHLY recommend going to Home Depot and getting a Bernzomatic torch from there for around $25. The combination of that lighter and the GVG is a $1,000 value!
All of my posts are entirely fictional. I am a writer, and as a means to research the life of a fictional character that I'm writing about, I post on the Nexus to get into character. In real life I have no interest or interaction with mind-altering substances.

anrchy
#828 Posted : 1/28/2015 3:38:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Reg lighters deposit soot onto the ceramic filter if applied to closely.

Reg lighters do not direct the heat efficiently.

Reg lighters produce less heat than torchs so it is more difficult to increase or decrease applied temperature quickly.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

DeeMenTalist
#829 Posted : 1/28/2015 10:05:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

never mind... Sad

Voda
#830 Posted : 2/5/2015 8:49:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GVG arrived yesterday. Cannot believe I wasted even a second of my life trying DMT any other way.
1 pull. Boom. Quite simply the most profoundly beautiful experience.

steppa
#831 Posted : 2/6/2015 1:22:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
it was just a joke mate, i dont really have a hyperbox that floats and glowsSmile .

What a bummer. Crying or very sad
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

conebone69
#832 Posted : 2/14/2015 9:31:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Got my GVG and it's fantastic. I used 2 screens, and a bed of dried peppermint leaf (organic peppermint tea from whole foods). Also used the Hemp Wick that is sold on the VG website.

The chemical/plastic taste and smell of the DMT was completely masked by the peppermint. Vaporizing was very effective as I lowered my usual dose but still had an intense trip.

I highly recommend the GVG especially for newbies.

BScoutII
#833 Posted : 3/7/2015 6:10:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Complete newbie to the experience (did a lot of acid in the early 70's). Did my own extraction and tried a couple of makeshift devices before going with the gvg. Blasted off beyond my wildest expectations. Probably a little too much because of the learning curve. I had never vaped anything before. The only thing I smoke is DMT.

Just curious though, I have to hold my gvg upside down in order to get a good hit otherwise I can literally watch the DMT running away from the heat.

I using 6 screens. Anyway, I'm sure I'll figure out the technique as time goes on, or I'll just keep hitting it upside down.

I have learned as other have stated: if it's harsh, I burned it. As a non smoker, when it's going correctly I can take a huge hit with no coughing or distress.

PS: Thanks to all who post to these forums. All my questions and problems remedied by reading what others have already been through.

endlessness
#834 Posted : 3/7/2015 6:16:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Suggestion, dont use multiple screens. Instead, get a ceramic filter or a volcano liquid pad. Works much better Smile

And welcome to the nexus!

arocko1287
#835 Posted : 3/22/2015 4:54:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok guys I'm new here.. this may sound like a dumb question, but I just want to be sure.

Reading the GVG instructions says NOT to use a TORCH lighter.....

"How to Use the VaporGenie Glass Sherlock Pipe
The VaporGenie Glass Sherlock pipe uses heat from the flame of your butane
lighter. We recommend using an ordinary candle flame lighter.Torch style lighters
produce more heat and can cause the top to crack or cause burning. Because flint
sparks contain toxic rare earth metals, we strongly recommend using lighters with
click / electronic ignition rather than lighters with flint wheels. (See our website
for details on lighters). Use a flame about 1-inch (25mm) tall. "

But, I should use a torch anyways?

I've been using "The Machine" method with chore boy and just a bic, but I feel like its time to move on to something better, I appreciate any advice, thank you.

arocko1287
#836 Posted : 3/22/2015 4:59:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Suggestion, dont use multiple screens. Instead, get a ceramic filter or a volcano liquid pad. Works much better Smile

And welcome to the nexus!

Should I buy an extra ceramic filter from vapor genie to use one on bottom and one on top? Does it fit in the bottom?

des
#837 Posted : 3/30/2015 10:10:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, after wasting a fair bit of spice with crude bottle technique I've now decided to invest in the almighty glass vapor genie. I gather from what I've read on here that they are one of the best investments. I'm in uk and would like to know if anyone here also from UK has ordered one and what was total costs including duty and handling fees. I've also noticed on a certain Internet auction site they are available from Germany at £109. Any help greatly appreciated.

des
#838 Posted : 4/1/2015 7:53:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After much deliberating and a tiny white lie concerning cost to the organ grinder (wife), the glass vapor genie is despatched and en route. I haveone question now and that's liquid pad or copper wool disk??

3rdI
#839 Posted : 4/1/2015 8:21:36 PM

veni, vidi, spici

liquid pad or ceramic disc are your best bet as they are designed for vaping, i use the ceramic filter from a regular VG in my GVG, it fits perfectly and works a treat.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

des
#840 Posted : 4/1/2015 9:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello there, thanks for answering. So you have a genie filter that the spice sits on directly and one obviously that you draw the heat through. No leaking?

«PREV4041424344NEXT»