We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3435363738NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

HumbleTraveler
#701 Posted : 10/22/2013 9:30:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After reading that Gibran2 switched over from his copper scrubbers to the ceramic flavor discs, I swear I saw him mention somewhere that he does NOT place the ceramic disc on top of the SS screen; he removes the SS screen and places the ceramic disc in with no screen below it. Then I read elsewhere that he said "no need to remove the SS screen".

Can he or anyone confirm that the SS screen is to be removed and just the ceramic disc is placed in the GVG?

As a second question, when you unbox your GVG there is a little SS screen in the bottom section. Is this what is removable or does it always stay? I see some of you have said that you use multiple (4 - 9) screens and place the freebase on top of the screens. When you put these screens in, are they supposed to be pushed down past the tapered glass section and sit on top of the screen thats already in there, or do they sit in the section just below the glass bushing where the neck is tapered where the glass transitions from gritty to smooth?
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dmt_spider
#702 Posted : 10/26/2013 2:54:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to know if that original screen is removable easily as well. I tried for a couple of minutes with a pair of tweezers to remove it and it seems pretty difficult.

LaoTzu
#703 Posted : 10/26/2013 7:04:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Happy to see this thread. A friend has the GVG and it has definitely been the best/easiest DMT experience I've had so far. I think this will be what I pick up for my smoking.

Such a great tool!

gibran2
#704 Posted : 10/26/2013 11:52:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

HumbleTraveler wrote:
After reading that Gibran2 switched over from his copper scrubbers to the ceramic flavor discs, I swear I saw him mention somewhere that he does NOT place the ceramic disc on top of the SS screen; he removes the SS screen and places the ceramic disc in with no screen below it. Then I read elsewhere that he said "no need to remove the SS screen".

Can he or anyone confirm that the SS screen is to be removed and just the ceramic disc is placed in the GVG?

As a second question, when you unbox your GVG there is a little SS screen in the bottom section. Is this what is removable or does it always stay? I see some of you have said that you use multiple (4 - 9) screens and place the freebase on top of the screens. When you put these screens in, are they supposed to be pushed down past the tapered glass section and sit on top of the screen thats already in there, or do they sit in the section just below the glass bushing where the neck is tapered where the glass transitions from gritty to smooth?

When I used the copper disc, I kept a screen in, but with the disc I don’t.

I don’t think it makes much of a difference.

The screen that comes with the GVG is removable – a good tweezers will help get it out.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

simplexus
#705 Posted : 10/27/2013 2:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot ziggus!!
gvg is on the way now with wickiepipe
I hope it will arrive very soon

this third party seller should be sticked somewhere!

d*l*b
#706 Posted : 10/27/2013 9:49:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another tip for getting the screen out (although it does damage it a bit) is to use a thin screw, gently screw it into the screen and pull.
D × V × F > R

Randomness
#707 Posted : 10/27/2013 2:48:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone else tried just putting your spice straight onto the ceramic diffuser?

I literally put mine straight onto the top of the filter in a little pile. Sart with the lighter a little distance away slowly inhale and bring the lighter closer. Spice melts into the ceramic then vaporizes. Works a treat.

I have never bothered with screens and just use it like a health stone pipe. Filter material is used for filtering molten metals in industry so can handle cleaning with ISO or acetone and a good old burn off if it gets dirty.

Have even put rue extract on there with the spice and had no problems (though it does leave a little pile of ash).

dmt_spider
#708 Posted : 12/5/2013 11:08:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PM'd you mate.

3rdI
#709 Posted : 12/5/2013 11:11:05 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Tranzcentral wrote:
Does anyone know if these are illegal to import into Australia?

my Australian mate got his just fine
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

dmt_spider
#710 Posted : 12/5/2013 9:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No stress, PM'd you again Big grin

rudder
#711 Posted : 12/27/2013 5:02:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure if it's OK to post this, Mod edit: Removed...no it's not ok I was looking around the net tonight, and the only place I could find a used glass vapor genie for sale was an ebay auction for about $60. The price on the vapor genie website for a new gvg seems exorbitant. I'd rather just get a used one that's reliable for like half the price.

3rdI
#712 Posted : 12/27/2013 9:15:03 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Stop do you really want to give out your address to people on a drugs forum?

im sure we are all cuddly and lovely but don't forget THE MAN could be around any corner.

if you look after a GVG it will last forever, its a sound investment.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

TheHornedOne
#713 Posted : 12/31/2013 11:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A bit confused about flame application to GVG. Pictures on the VG website say do NOT apply flame directly to ceramic filter. When using a torch, one must apply the flame directly to spice, correct? So, apply flame directly or not? Does this damage the ceramic filter?

TheHornedOne
#714 Posted : 12/31/2013 11:24:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

P.S. SWIM doesn't actually have GVG yet. Just ordered it. So for now I'm going off this image.

Does one place the 5-8 suggested screens over the ceramic filter, or below where the 1 screen is pictured in the cross-section?

TheHornedOne
#715 Posted : 12/31/2013 11:28:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Forgive me. I'm a newb. After reading through the thread a little more, I understand that the spice is to be placed above the screen(s), then topped with the glass bushing containing the ceramic filter. Then the flame is applied to heat the ceramic which vapes the spice below it...correct?

3rdI
#716 Posted : 1/1/2014 11:29:15 AM

veni, vidi, spici

screens are not recommended, use copper scrubber or a ceramic sponge
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

endlessness
#717 Posted : 1/1/2014 12:40:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Or the volcano liquid pad.. I wouldn`t use a copper scrubber, I don`t trust it is very safe, it wasn`t made for vaporization so who knows what impurities could be there.

You can apply the flame directly to the ceramic filter, it does not break. The glass is the only thing that could break, thats why better the flame is directly pointed towards the center where the ceramic disk is and not touching the glass too much.

Just be sure to regulate the height of the fire, if its too close, the dmt might burn a bit or at least be too hot, so you start it close and you move it further away, adjusting so that you have the appropriate temperature

ISeeAll
#718 Posted : 1/3/2014 7:52:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm on the fence with using changa in a VG. I'm still trying to find the right technique for smoking the spice. As I don't feel I'm getting enough or the spice is not that good.
But I get some very good rips with this and feel Im doing it right. Its hard to burn the DMT and much smoother to smoke.

but I feel that with the changa you vaporize the DMT from the plant before the plant can burn. I tried and that's what happened to me. once I was able to, I opened my VG and found much of the changa there and browned but I got very high from the DMT. I will try the changa in a regular pipe and see how it works. Because Im told the plant and DMT together helps in the trip over all.

adam
#719 Posted : 1/7/2014 8:26:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok a couple notes after owning a gvg and a regular vg for over a year now, and smoking of spice out of both several times.

Glass vapor genie is far superior for dmt. I don't know why for certain, but I do know that the glass genie delivers the full dose most everytime, the regular vapor genie has plagued me with half gotten doses and a lot of inconsistency in general. I do have to say though, for the adventurers the regular VG is great, as I have dropped it several times, and it still survives.

For the glass vapor genie what works best for me is 4 screens and a tiny bit of rehydrated blue lotus. And the vector volt light or another good torch lighter. I have never had trouble breaking through this way, every single time I have tried with this set-up I have succeeded.

Now for my ultra awesome tip/ observation.
I notice a big difference in the ease of inhaling large amounts of vapor based on the temperature of gvg itself. For example I but the gvg in a boiling water bath to clean it, and I smoked it while it still had a little water in the middle chamber part and was still very warm almost hot to the touch. The vapor was incredibly smooth. So much smoother then used regularly, not just smooth but the warmth and moisture gave it a seemingly nourishing quality. I would highly recommend trying this for anyone who is sensitive to the vapor. I want to clarify that, the ease in smoking really was a big difference, I will be experimenting with this more soon and will report back any further observations.

Also for those in warm sunny places, I highly highly recommend taking off the filter and using a magnifying glass. You may want to practice first on a small amount to get it right and not waste anything.

Squirrel
#720 Posted : 1/9/2014 2:52:27 AM

DMT - Not yet

Hey thanks a lot for this thread! I've know about the device but after reading this and the reviews I am almost certain that I need one for my first experience, thank you all!!!

«PREV3435363738NEXT»