We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3233343536NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

3rdI
#661 Posted : 4/4/2013 10:56:13 PM

veni, vidi, spici

No worries. Some people say they use a bic with no problems but most seem to prefer a good torch lighter such as an Arc.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Michal_R
#662 Posted : 4/4/2013 10:58:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
No worries. Some people say they use a bic with no problems...

A bic works for me for a breakthrough with 35mg in a GVG... Thumbs up

gammagore
#663 Posted : 4/4/2013 11:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chore boy copper scrubber is the stuff, but, if that isnt available then just a bed of herb like mullein or pau d'arco works almost just aswell(with a few screens ofcourse).

Pimp D
#664 Posted : 4/8/2013 2:58:28 AM

Smoalk Somethin'

If you are having a tough time finding copper, Walgreens carries Chore boy, at least in the states. A lot of folks have stopped carrying it due to its 'versatility' making it something of a target for shoplifters.

Best Regards
PD

bjn1769
#665 Posted : 4/24/2013 5:11:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I got liquid pads and carefully cut one to fit in the GVG. I even placed 3 screens underneath the liquid pad and used a torch lighter for more heat. I still had at least half the dose melt through! I still had powerful effects that were well worth experiencing but I don’t think I was able to break through. This is frustrating and I am tired of wasting half my doses. I am starting to seriously wonder why the GVG is considered so “efficient”. The main thing that it is efficient at for me is melting DMT down its tube.
What now? The copper “chore boy” pad? I have a strong feeling that this will cause melt through as well. At this point, I think that the only thing that would not cause melt through in the GVG is a solid concave metal plate or container, with maybe a small gap somewhere on its top edge to allow for air/vapor to get under it and be inhaled. If anyone knows where to get something like that, or has successfully used one, let me know.
It seems to me that an electronic vaporizer like the Volcano is the way to go. As a matter of fact, someone I know has used one in the past and says it is hands down the best method of vaporizing DMT. Apparently, that device is truly efficient, unlike the GVG.
I am getting frustrated with the GVG and feel that people who purchase it should be warned that it is not at all easy to use and is not complete as it comes from the factory. Weeks of research, extra materials, etc, are needed before you can even get close to getting a full dose.
The GVG is very disappointing so far... I will be doing research on the Volcano from now on.

Michal_R
#666 Posted : 4/24/2013 7:49:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bjn1769 wrote:
... The GVG is very disappointing so far...

This is strange. Most od the GVG users around here would swear that if you use GVG properly, it works always 100%. Could you perhaps post a picture of your setup and share some details about your "technique"? You know - many things here may come into play like dosage, timing of inhalations (try smoking the whole premeasured dose as fast as possible + hold the vapors in as long as possible), the way one applies the flame, etc...

gibran2
#667 Posted : 4/24/2013 1:43:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

bjn1769 wrote:
The GVG is very disappointing so far... I will be doing research on the Volcano from now on.

You’re obviously doing something wrong. (Obvious to me, but apparently not to you.)

Some questions:

Do you clean your GVG regularly? DMT condensation build-up will tend to cause even more condensation.

Why haven’t you tried the copper mesh? In the GVG, it is more effective than a cut-up piece of Volcano liquid pad.

How rapidly/forcefully do you inhale? A very forceful inhalation might pull DMT off of its substrate, no matter what you’re using.

Have you ever used a Volcano for DMT? It’s quite an investment to make – you should try it yourself if you have the opportunity.

I have a Volcano, and it IS very efficient, but the vapor it generates is dilute compared to what is possible with the GVG. Under ideal conditions, a 25mg dose in the GVG can be inhaled in half a breath. The same dose with the Volcano would take 3 or more breaths to empty the bag. (Not really an issue if you’re using harmalas.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

3rdI
#668 Posted : 4/24/2013 1:53:43 PM

veni, vidi, spici

bjn1769 wrote:
I am getting frustrated with the GVG and feel that people who purchase it should be warned that it is not at all easy to use and is not complete as it comes from the factory. Weeks of research, extra materials, etc, are needed before you can even get close to getting a full dose.

ok so 2 things

1, you dont need weeks of research, you just need to read this thread.

2. why get annoyed with it when you still havnt set it up the way most people advise.

all it takes is a little piece of scrubber and a little practice and your golden.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

bjn1769
#669 Posted : 4/27/2013 12:53:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Michal_R wrote:
bjn1769 wrote:

This is strange. Most od the GVG users around here would swear that if you use GVG properly, it works always 100%. Could you perhaps post a picture of your setup and share some details about your "technique"? You know - many things here may come into play like dosage, timing of inhalations (try smoking the whole premeasured dose as fast as possible + hold the vapors in as long as possible), the way one applies the flame, etc...

Thanks everyone for your advice. I will try the copper mesh. As far as "technique" goes, I have tried to do what most experienced 'travelers' have been recommending. I weigh and use about 50mg each time. I apply the flame (from a torch lighter) above the ceramic without touching it and inhale slowly until my lungs are full. I hold it for about 10 seconds and exhale. I usually start feeling the effects from the first inhalation but I have been able to repeat this process 3 times as recommended, although it is sometimes difficult (my ‘sitter’ has been helpful). I don’t think that I inhale too forcefully or too fast. I have not been stopping the flame after my lungs are about ¾ full as I read somewhere in order to empty the remaining vapor with the last ¼ or so of my lungs. So that may be one mistake I have been making. [

bjn1769
#670 Posted : 4/27/2013 12:55:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Michal_R wrote:
bjn1769 wrote:

Here are a couple of pictures of my setup with the liquid pad.
bjn1769 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0759.JPG (2,315kb) downloaded 310 time(s).
IMG_0761.JPG (2,931kb) downloaded 308 time(s).

bjn1769
#671 Posted : 4/27/2013 1:09:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
bjn1769 wrote:

You’re obviously doing something wrong. (Obvious to me, but apparently not to you.)

Some questions:

Do you clean your GVG regularly? DMT condensation build-up will tend to cause even more condensation.

Why haven’t you tried the copper mesh? In the GVG, it is more effective than a cut-up piece of Volcano liquid pad.

How rapidly/forcefully do you inhale? A very forceful inhalation might pull DMT off of its substrate, no matter what you’re using.

Have you ever used a Volcano for DMT? It’s quite an investment to make – you should try it yourself if you have the opportunity.

I have a Volcano, and it IS very efficient, but the vapor it generates is dilute compared to what is possible with the GVG. Under ideal conditions, a 25mg dose in the GVG can be inhaled in half a breath. The same dose with the Volcano would take 3 or more breaths to empty the bag. (Not really an issue if you’re using harmalas.)

I have been cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and salt, which worked very well and better than I expected.

As far as the copper mesh goes, I finally found some Chore Boy copper scrubbers and will work on making a good mesh. I know there is quite a bit of info on this and other threads on making the right type of mesh. I assume I should try to make it not too thick, but still as dense as possible, right?

I have been trying not to inhale too forcefully. I try to inhale fairly slowly, although I have not been making a point of inhaling really slowly, since I didn’t think that was necessary.

I have not used a Volcano yet. I will be patient and give the copper mesh a solid try before I invest in a vaporizer.

Thanks again for the helpful info.

Jees
#672 Posted : 4/27/2013 1:20:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To make a copper mesh, smashing flat with a hammer some stripped electric copper wire, and make the mesh, anyone done so? Is that a good idea?

gibran2
#673 Posted : 4/27/2013 1:50:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

bjn1769 wrote:
I have been cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and salt, which worked very well and better than I expected.

As far as the copper mesh goes, I finally found some Chore Boy copper scrubbers and will work on making a good mesh. I know there is quite a bit of info on this and other threads on making the right type of mesh. I assume I should try to make it not too thick, but still as dense as possible, right?

I have been trying not to inhale too forcefully. I try to inhale fairly slowly, although I have not been making a point of inhaling really slowly, since I didn’t think that was necessary.

I have not used a Volcano yet. I will be patient and give the copper mesh a solid try before I invest in a vaporizer.

Thanks again for the helpful info.

Vinegar is a very good cleaner for the GVG: Fill it with vinegar, swish it around for a while, empty it, then wash with dish soap and warm water. It will look brand new.

The copper mesh disc should be fairly thin and fairly loose, but not so loose that there are big gaps. If it’s tight and dense, the air flow will be disrupted. You want hot air to flow uniformly through it.

Before inhaling, take a few slow deep breaths (will also help prepare you mentally for the experience), and on the last exhale, begin heating the ceramic filter. The flame from a torch lighter can touch the filter (regular lighter flames shouldn’t due to potential carbon buildup). Make sure the flame is not on an angle – it should be parallel to the sides of the bowl. If it’s on an angle, you’ll be heating the glass instead of the filter.

Exhale very deeply, then begin to slowly inhale from the GVG. Slow is important – you ideally want to inhale a full dose in one breath. Adjust vapor temperature by raising and lowering the lighter. You’ll know if it’s too hot – harsh vapor, or too cool – no vapor.

I also move the lighter in a small circle to heat all parts of the ceramic filter – not sure if this makes any difference.

When you see no more vapor, remove the flame and inhale a bit more. At this point, you’re done (in more ways than one!)

Good luck.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

devol
#674 Posted : 5/1/2013 9:05:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have recently started using the Atmos RAW vaporizer pen for spice. I've noticed that you need MUCH less than any other method I've tried, I need a full .05 when using a bong and i only need a .03 with the Atmos. Its a ceramic chamber with heating element at the bottom. This little device has changed the way I consume spice. Just thought I would share.

Owlclops
#675 Posted : 5/9/2013 8:21:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I too have been recently very disappointed with my GVG, and I took some time on the chat to ask some questions/clarify and I think I found the reason.

I've been using the "bat". The other user who had it said they had the same issue, and that the sherlock was much better. Anyone here use the bat and find that they get great results?

I also was using just a normal lighter with it.

Anu
#676 Posted : 6/2/2013 9:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey fellow nexians Thumbs up

I've been lurking for quite some time now, and thought it would be time for my first post Smile - I've already had some great extractions using Cyb's awesome newbie-guide (gonna post some pics later on), and aquired myself all the necessary/recommended gear (GVG, Arc, etc.) - Really a big thanks to every contributor on the board, it's great with the maturity and insightful approaches on here! - Hope to be here for a long time!

- I've experienced a little weird thing with my (highly beloved) GVG the past times I've loaded my crystals.. I found it rather strange, as I haven't had this issue before (of what I know) -- When I load my desired dose for vaping, my GVG gets all oiled up, on the outside! It has caused me 2-3 interrupted/aborted journeys so far, and I've tried adjusting temperatures and so on, but without luck Sad

I also tried (re-)blasting my screens, switched to copper mesh and even tried another improvised method for vaping, but without success - I even tried switching to a normal lighter using very low temperatures - Maybe it is just an coincidence, and my technique might be flawed? I'm still in the so-called "honeymoon"-phase I guess, so everything is still very new to me - Again, thanks to everyone in here, as I would never have gotten this far without you guys help Wink

It's soo frustrating though Shocked The oil even reaches my hands, making them sticky and kind-of-DMT-smelly.. Not to mention the pipe gets all oily too.. I tried another batch of my extraction also, but apparently didn't make a difference..

I'm lost - Tried everything.. Condensation seems normal at the elbow of the GVG - It seriously looks like the DMT backfires on me, as the oil must be from the vaped crystals.. Maybe I don't inhale hard enough?

- Anyways, if this is normal, then I'm probably just too picky about it Very happy Searched and searched, but didn't give me any results Smile

Have a great day all, and thanks so much in advance! Smile

Transwave
#677 Posted : 6/3/2013 9:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been succesfully using my GVG for a while now and I'm very happy with my purchase. Recently though my vaporgenie has been improperly used, someone tried to vaporize some spice without a sufficient amount of pipe screens and most of the spice has melted and flowed down into the pipe itself. The spice has then been burned by lighting a torch lighter directly on the bottom of the pipe. As you can probably guess the inside of my vaporgenie has turned very dark/black from the burnt DMT. Is there any way I can get this properly cleaned out?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: This is how it looks, unfortunately.

Elpo
#678 Posted : 6/19/2013 11:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Since I have had some trouble with my two last experiences smoking dmt i decided to buy a Vapor Genie hoping this will suithe the burning sensation I had the last two times.

Before I try it again I would like some advice on how to correctly use it. Do any of you guys still use it because I see a lot of people on here using the GVG?

What kind of lighter do you prefer and to what kind of an angle do you hold the flame?

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Michal_R
#679 Posted : 6/19/2013 11:54:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Elpo
#680 Posted : 6/19/2013 12:02:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot. That should be a sticky...
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

«PREV3233343536NEXT»