We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2930313233NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

Earthlova
#601 Posted : 8/23/2012 8:05:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
if your GVG is set up properly then i find its all pretty much the same, changa, infused herb or crystals all vape very well

What do you find the best set up for changa?

For exampel-Should i put in whole leaves or shreedded changa in top of 7-10 screens?

Michal_R wrote:
You can do both.

Either
(1) a leaf bed, or
(2) 8 or so screens, or
(3) a screen + a metal/wire mesh (do some /re/search here on the Nexus Wink )

Ok thx thats what i thought,i have to find the best way for myselfSmile

I have already tried with 10 screens and pure spice on top but didnt work so i think i will go for a 1:1 changa mix with 7 screens.

1:1 changa must almost be like pure spice!StrongSmile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

3rdI
#602 Posted : 8/23/2012 8:56:23 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Earthlova wrote:
3rdI wrote:
if your GVG is set up properly then i find its all pretty much the same, changa, infused herb or crystals all vape very well

What do you find the best set up for changa?

For exampel-Should i put in whole leaves or shreedded changa in top of 7-10 screens?

just read through the thread, it tells you multiple times the best set up for a GVG/VG, do that and then crack on with any type of DMT. Its all much of a muchness regarding what substance goes into the GVG, its the set up of the pipe that makes a difference.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

3rdI
#603 Posted : 8/23/2012 9:46:22 PM

veni, vidi, spici

I would guess your copper disc isn't thick enough, if there isn't enough scrubber to hold all the DMT it will escape into the pipe.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

ziggus
#604 Posted : 8/24/2012 5:50:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cosmicladybug wrote:
tele wrote:
cosmicladybug wrote:
Hi, just realized I probably posted my query in the wrong thread...

Regarding GVG and screens... has anyone tried these? http://aqualabtechnologi...en-5-8-inch-60-wire.html the mesh appears to be a tighter weave and this company says it is for use with "powder resins" -- 5/8" is same size as VG's screens. It would seem to me that this sort of tight weave would negate use of multiple screens or copper scrubbers, etc... unless the screens provided by VG are also a similar super-tight weave.

It seems that the wire is round? With round wire the possibility of dripping is high, I recommend you look for flat wire/ribbon type of screen solution as it doesn't drip. Steel and copper scrubbers have been used with good results

oh hmm, i hadn't considered the actual shape of the wire itself. I ordered two of those screens anyway to test out, but i'll have plenty of the intended screens with the GVG's arrival, and can get scrubbers readily enough. i'll let you know if i have any success with the aqualab ones. thank you for the reply! Smile

Thought I'd post a short reply here with a link to my much longer post in the Smoking section. The 5/8 inch titanium screens are no good for this application. The 60-wire 3/4 inch titanium screens work extremely well with a simple, easy modification. More here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=35882

cirquefreak333
#605 Posted : 9/11/2012 7:28:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

deweeb wrote:
BGTM236 wrote:
... deweeb what vehicle do you use, have you ever tried the gvg?

BGTM , I have just ordered the GVG for home use only . It really isn't very stealth so I don't think I would consider taking it out . For excursions outside the residence I use the ubie with a bit of pot scrubber pushed in about three quarters of the way . It does work well , the only other mod I did was put an extension on the end where I inhale from so I can see whats going on inside the unit .

http://americansmokeless.com/about.htm

whats pot scrubber? How does the ubie work? Its much less expensive then the GVG so I'm considering buying it but would have know clue how to use it.
disclaimer: cirquefreak333 is a fictional character used in a novel I am writing, and none of the things a real person may type is anything a real person, living or dead, ever experienced or thought

cirquefreak333
#606 Posted : 9/11/2012 8:02:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can a beginner use a GVG effectivly? I'm terrible at smoking anything. If I did attempt to use it, I would use the screens that came with it and an herb bed. I don't have a torch lighter either, I guess I could get one, but how close to the bowl would I have to put the flame, and how would I know when to start inhaling/when to stop inhaling? Would it be possible to take enough to breakthrough and not burn myself with the lighter?
disclaimer: cirquefreak333 is a fictional character used in a novel I am writing, and none of the things a real person may type is anything a real person, living or dead, ever experienced or thought

d*l*b
#607 Posted : 9/11/2012 9:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cirquefreak333 wrote:
Can a beginner use a GVG effectivly?

It takes some getting used to but I managed to get the technique down (and had the shock of my life) on my second go.

cirquefreak333 wrote:
I don't have a torch lighter either, I guess I could get one

You really should, my advice would be not to skimp and get an Arc Turboflame, I have got through too many torches and the Arc is the only one that has ever lasted more than a few months.

cirquefreak333 wrote:
but how close to the bowl would I have to put the flame how would I know when to start inhaling/when to stop inhaling?

I warm the ceramic block a little and then draw away the flame slowly as the vapour starts to form. I stop inhaling when there is no more vapour.

cirquefreak333 wrote:
Would it be possible to take enough to breakthrough and not burn myself with the lighter?

It is possible to burn yourself with either the lighter or the pipe in some circumstances (the pipe doesn’t seem to get too hot in normal use to me). Have somewhere easy to pop them after.
D × V × F > R

TylerPerry
#608 Posted : 9/16/2012 4:44:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's a collection of posts about technique I pulled out the other day while going through almost this entire thread preparing for my first trip:

Quote:
The best is get it all in one inhalation. Start heating up the ceramic filter till it glows gets red then go away with torch but keep heating it don't turn of the lighter.

What I do is I start puling a bit air from the pipe but I still don't inhale just like with cigarette just to see vapor .Once I see the vapor going out of the mesh I start inhaling. I take it all in once nicely. Once I think its all out I put the torch closer to the filter just to make sure I vaporized it all.

Yes you need some air flow coming into the chamber or the heat wont get to the dmt until the ceramic is way too HOT! Then when you do inhale it will burn causing a really harsh nasty hit that you wont be able to hold in anyway.
A slow draw with the mouth to move the radiant heat through the copper mesh is needed to get the dmt vaporizing.

Be patient the gvg to me is tricky.

Quote:
How to vaporize DMT with it:
Begin with the flame a few cms above the top and adjust as you go. With empty lungs, start inhaling slowly and steady. The idea is to inhale a dense vapour, but not too dense so that you start coughing. Its better to begin the inhaling with a not so dense smoke, and then make it denser towards the end. Keep the vapor in the lungs for as long as possible, at least 10 seconds. If you coughed or exhaled before this or couldnt inhale with all the lungs, try keeping the flame further away or adjusting the speed of inhaling so that its a bit less dense. If you get the technique right, 1-3 inhales should be enough for a sure breakthrough

Quote:
Glass Vapor Genie (GVG)

SWIM puts seven or more original screens on top of each other. This will create a good mesh where liquid spice can spread without leaking into the pipe. Loading the pipe is easy: put the necessary amount of spice on top and melt it with the mini burner. Do not toke - just let the liquid spice enter the mesh!
GVG comes with a ceramic filter. Except for the obvious reason it is useful for two further things: temperature regulation and equal distribution of hot air. SWIM does not inhale without the ceramic filter, as it will only burn the screens.
Toke slowly at the beginning to raise the temperature inside the pipe. When the pipe fills with dense white smoke SWIM starts to inhale.

Quote:
Its really not that tricky and the glass vg makes it so easy to clear a 50mg dose in one hit.
The absolute most important thing to do is to get a quality torch lighter. The ones in the 10-20 dollar range are a crap shoot to weather you will get one that always lights and will hold its flame. Spend the extra 20 bucks and get one that wont fail you. Ive tried the leaf bed and ash bed methods. I think the easiest way is to just drop 6-8 screens down and do it straight. You can alter your trip with some different plants, but I recommend going with just dmt to start.
After you load your dose, get everything set up. Have your music ready if youre not blasting off in silence, be sitting on the edge of your bed or in a chair or couch. You will only have a few seconds of knowing anything after youve cleared 50mg.
Melt the dmt onto the screen then pull off. This will take about 2-4 seconds, it will allow the dmt to vaporize more quickly when you take your first hit.
Set the pipe down and take a few strong deep breaths. I like to take sips of ice water in the middle of each breath because while the vapor is nothing compared to other methods, it can still get a little hot. Then take a few very deep breaths and on the last one exhale almost all of the air out of your lungs and be prepared to inhale.
Start with the flame a few cm above the tip and adjust as you go. start inhaling very slowly, you may find that you want to inhale harder and faster to get more air, just inhale a short burst of air with your nose while keeping your mouth on the pipe. You will see thick white clouds of vapor being pulled down. Eventually, as youve inhaled the entire dose, the pipe will turn clear. At that point, i lay off the flame and continue inhaling until i cant. Set the pipe and the lighter down and start counting. I try to count to 20, but i typically never get past 5 because i cant remember how to count and i start to lose any sense of reality

Quote:
the first hit takes some seconds at least to warm up.. keep inhaling, notice with the back of your throat the density of the vapour.. try to take as thick vapor as possible without coughing. take loooooooooong deeeeeeeeeeep slooooooooooow puffs.. and take as many puffs as you can, I go for 3-4 usually, even if on the 2nd im already feeling a lot the effects, I just keep going until reality disappears and I physically cannot continue taking more puffs

Mine takes a few seconds, 5-7 maybe.
If a torch is used, hold that flame directly towards the ceramic filter. A milky cloud should apear soon, dont pull too hard, softly does it

Quote:
Also, with the jet lighter vaporization will happen quicker, the bowl can 'pre-heated' without having to inhale and waste precious lung capacity AND you don't have to control the movement of the flame...only the flame distance and the rate of inhalation. Having to control how much the flame dips into the bowl kind of annoys me.

I heat up the ceramic diffuser with a torch lighter for a few seconds before I begin inhaling. I then inhale very gently and slowly with the lighter over the diffuser the entire time. I’m always able to inhale a full dose (25-30mg) in one inhalation (I avoid multiple tokes because I don’t like trying to smoke when I can’t tell which of the 3 pairs of hands I see belong to me!* )

Quote:
Oh-Hungee wrote:
The best method I've found so far is to hold the lighter far away, and then bring it closer while I breath in slowly. Once I see the ceramic element star to glow, I pull the lighter farther away and the pipe starts to fill with white vapor. Next I hold the vapor in the pipe for about 10 seconds, and then I breath it in slowly with a lot of air. With this method I've gotten moderate visuals, but it takes at least 3 tries, and it seems to take too long to get much further.

Quote:
What works for me is to give the element a 2 to 3 second blast from approximately two inches away without breathing in at all. I move the lighter around in a tight circular motion so the whole element gets heated instead of just one spot in the middle. Then I'll start breathing in while backing the lighter away slowly. As more vapor fills the pipe, I increase my draw speed. The lighter ends up somewhere around 3 inches away on average, and I'll adjust the proximity on the fly if needed.

One thing I do a bit differently is I make the copper disk with a larger diameter than the screen and instead of putting it right above the screen I place it so it rests on the little ridge just below the element. I've found that this way vapor production starts sooner, the entire dose is vaporized very easily in one toke, and I get no drip onto the screen. Before I made this change, the vapor I inhaled was much warmer, and I'd get blobs of melted DMT on the screen after every session.

As far as loading goes, I use a tiny funnel when putting the DMT onto the copper disk so it stays in the middle away from the glass. When I premelt, it all stays on the disk since it's too far to migrate to the cooler glass.

Hope this helps. Just keep at it, and even if my technique (which came from reading this entire thread and lots of experimentation) doesn't work for you, I'm sure you'll develop one that works well for you.

Quote:
My experience (with the VG, not GVG, but I believe they're pretty similar in terms of usage), is that the optimum procedure would be as follows: first, pre-melt spice, then apply flame close to the ceramic filter (1 cm or so, but not directly touching the filter because it will clog fast), and after circling the flame over the filter for about 2-3 seconds, vapor starts to emerge, pretty fast I'd say; you want to inhale slowly at this point, because it takes a little bit while the mesh/filters get hot. Then increase the distance slowly until you get to about 3 cm away from your pipe while pulling just a tad faster. Do this for about 8-10 seconds (that's what it takes me to vape a full dose), and hold the smoke for 15-20 seconds. Play with the lighter distance a little while, and don't feel discouraged, have patience. You'll know when you got it right. Additionally, if you want to smoalk slower, and apply multiple hits, you'll have your pipe hot already, so you'll not need to start with the flame from as close as for the first hit, or you risk burning the remaining spice.

And also, I've found that a mesh (copper/I use stainless steel ones) work way better than multiple filters, because of they're scrambled structure. Flat surfaces don't hold liquid that great, but the mesh kinda "absorbs" it and makes vaporization a LOT easier. Plus, you'll save some mgs of spice

Quote:
I have to adjust it every time I fill it. I try to set it so I can use the torch continuously without it going out.
For the second question, you're just going to have to feel it out. There's only two settings, less heat and more heat, closer and further away. I generally like to heat the stone up for 5-10 seconds and then I begin to draw in slowly. The end of the lighter (where the flame starts) is generally ~ .5-1in above the top of the GVG with the flame peeking into the GVG. Like I said, draw in slowly or you'll pull your DMT through the screens. You'll see a light whisp of grey looking vapor and then it should start to turn white. When it turns white, DON'T GET EXCITED. Don't pull through faster, just keep it steady. As it's turning white you will want to move the torch further away, if the stone turns red it's pretty safe to pull the lighter away and let the stone heat the air for a little bit. It takes a few tries but once you figure it out, holy cow.
Oh yeah, you can practice on weed in the GVG too. Grind it up and toss a little layer in there (enough for 1 or 2 hits) and just go to town.

Quote:
ehindthelight, just a couple observations/questions. In my own experience, flame actually into the ceramic causes the dmt to turn dark brown and inhaling too hard too fast causes the liquid which is supposed to be vaporizing to be drawn into the smoke chamber. Cleaning and reclaiming with 99 IPA is easy, but better to just draw in slow and steady maybe?

Didn't read that you were doing the little pre melt 4 second draw just to melt the spice into the scrubber. Someone had mentioned the spice vaped easier after melting so I always make sure that step isn't skipped. As soon as I see the spice melt into the scrubber, flame off, I wait a little bit, collect my thoughts, breath and then go for it. I never let the flame touch the glass or the stone and I launch every single time. 3 seconds to inhale is probably another reason for your misfire, like the others have said, I too think it is at least 10 seconds of pulling that produces a vapor filled chamber, after the premelt of course.

Good luck to you.

`
Quote:
Heating the ceramic is fine, I heat it till it glows then start to slowly pull, while I'm pulling I bounce the flame up and down so the ceramic glows then stops, glows then stops. This seems to work a treat.

Quote:
Personally I never purposefully touch the torch flame into the glass top or the ceramic. First a short 4 second or so draw with torch 1-2 cm from glass just til you melt the spice into the mesh. Then I start with the flame tip about 1-2 cm away again and increase/decrease distance to about 3-5 cm or so whilest the vapor builds inside the glass and then turn off the torch and inhale, hold 15 seconds, repeat x2 as needed. Seems like each draw lasts 10-15 seconds or so. That's just what seems to work for me.

good luck tonight

Quote:
I load up the GVG and put the ceramic filter in so its ready to go, i then heat the ceramic with my ARC til it glows, i then pull slowly letting the flame bob up and down so the the ceramic glows and stops glows and stops.

i use the bounce method because i always have infused herb and never crystals, and if you apply to much heat the herb can catch light.

i advise ignoring the desire to breakthrough and just be happy with the epicness of the experience, a "breakthrough" will come in time. id be quite happy with an entitie telling me things about my life as it sounds awesome.

Quote:
You will only clog the ceramic with soot if you use a bic and it touchs the ceramic. It is advised that the way to clean a sooted ceramic filter is to heat it with a torch lighter, so heating the ceramic with a torch wont do it any harm at all.

Hope this helps someone.

Spiced
#609 Posted : 9/23/2012 4:04:51 PM

Terra Incognita

I've got myself a standard Vapor Genie wich i use with a bed of mint leaves and lavender buds, tastes great, but is it good enough to prevent my DMT from "dripping" through?

simpledata
#610 Posted : 10/3/2012 1:31:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am really happy with my GVG and I think that it hits really smooth. However, I am worried about inhaling butane.

I know that butane is combusted and a complete combustion is supposed to yield CO2, H2O and heat under ideal conditions, however, I feel like our yield is far from ideal.

I am tasting butane at the beginning of my hit, is this bad? Could the amount of butane we are getting per hit be harmful?

Sykosis
#611 Posted : 10/3/2012 2:51:35 AM

The Seeker

If you can try turning down the flame on the lighter your using...

--Sykosis is nothing more then a material manifestation of the collective minds and thoughts of many.
No one individual can be held accountable nor responsible for any of the actions Preformed by this user. All opinions, thoughts, statements and ideas expressed by this user are nothing more then a mere coincidental, incoherent, incomprehensible, fictitious rambling and should be treated as such.--

simpledata
#612 Posted : 10/3/2012 4:47:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sykosis wrote:
If you can try turning down the flame on the lighter your using...

Thanks. I will give that a try the next time.

endlessness
#613 Posted : 10/3/2012 9:54:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Try a good quality torch lighter, I think its a cleaner burn because AFAIK the air and butane are pre-mixed before ignition and hence its a more homogeneous flame.

midnightfox
#614 Posted : 10/4/2012 8:36:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings to you all,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the contribution.
It's been very helpful having all this information available for making the right choices, i.e equipment (GVG) / type of mesh (Chore Boy Copper), Lighter (Turboflame ARC) and the method required to get the best vape out of your GVP.

All that is left now is to wait for everything to arrive so I can explore the unknown universe.

SnozzleBerry
#615 Posted : 10/9/2012 6:48:49 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Intueri wrote:
...I was wondering, is it possible to just inhale veeery long so I can get the full dose in just one toke?...

Yes
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Michal_R
#616 Posted : 10/9/2012 7:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Intueri wrote:
...I was wondering, is it possible to just inhale veeery long so I can get the full dose in just one toke?...

Yes

This is actually what many of us here are trying to do every time Thumbs up

If you want to go this way (all in one toke), then I would suggest not eyeballing the amount of Spice. 25-30mg in one properly vaporized toke = almost certain breakthrough for most people.

I suggest not overdoing it for the first time... Shocked

Michal_R
#617 Posted : 10/10/2012 12:55:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Intueri wrote:
Hmm 20-30 mg only? Everywhere else I`ve been reading, people have been talking about 50 mg...

IMO, 50mg as a recommended dose is a "relic" from those "old days" when GVG was not available yet, from those times we would be burning most of our Spice, caughing some of it out, and/or not inhaling everything in one toke.

Most users of GVGs load less Spice, I would say around 30mgs, because they know that 30mgs in one toke will be more than enough for a breakthrough. Look (read) around on this topic.

Safe journeys!

RayTracer
#618 Posted : 10/10/2012 6:30:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I haven't the time to read through all of the posts. I smoke spice through a glass pipe and it works pretty well for me. Is the GVG really so different? I'm all for taking it to the next level.

When I'm smoking through my glass pipe is it not being "vaporized"? I would love it if there is a device that can increase my yield by allowing me to smoke less and breakthrough.

ThanksThumbs up
I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature. - Shulgin

gammagore
#619 Posted : 10/10/2012 11:41:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RayTracer, forsure its different, the GVG is so much more effective than a glass pipe, there is a reason why so many people rave on about it.

If you have the bucks to spare then id say go ahead and treat yourself, you deserve it.

RayTracer
#620 Posted : 10/10/2012 6:36:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sold! Thanks gammagore. Love your avatar btw. Sometimes when I breakthrough I "chimpout". I know it sounds really wacky, but for some really strange reason, I start making chimp like sounds. It's very subtle and quite...almost like humming to myself, but it sounds and feels very primitive/primateish. I don't do it everytime, it happens usually when I breakthrough outside. I get this almost possesd animal thing going. It all feels so familiar and "right".

I feel like an ape in awe. It reminds me a little of the Bill Hicks bit when he enacts the ape eating shrooms for the first time.
It's very involuntary. Almost like the dmt is tickling my ancient DNA. Spice is so amazing!
I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature. - Shulgin

«PREV2930313233NEXT»